More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 04:49:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Uni class performance meter bug
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Uni class performance meter bug  (Read 5441 times)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Uni class performance meter bug
« on: 2008 January 14, 22:38:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm fairly new to Uni, but I'm having a problem with the class performance meter stuck at the smallest level even though a sim has all the required skills for it to expand.  I had it with one sim I'm playing for a TSR challenge and after a couple of semesters, the problem has spread to a second.  They are in the same greek house. Both are highly skilled and I've had the first one re-earn the key points without it making any difference.   What should I do?  I have most of the directors cut and am playing BV with a noCD exe.

I found this old thread about it, so it's not a new problem.  I guess I'm hoping there's a fix by now.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,4405.0.html

I looked on the sheep board and the posts I found says
1.  it's cosmetic, the bar is OK, it's just not showing correctly and
2. move out, move back in will mostly fix it.

Edit - also found this post about the problem
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,3105.0.html
« Last Edit: 2008 January 14, 22:45:53 by cwykes » Logged

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Uni class performance meter bug
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 14, 22:45:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's purely a cosmetic bug. If College Rampage does not appear, you grade meter is full.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 14, 22:51:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that's something.  It's annoying though and it makes the challenges harder when you are aiming for a specific grade level and can't actually see wtf you are doing!  Is there a fix out there for it apart from move to new house and keep your fingers crossed? 

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 15, 00:48:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's corrupted data of some kind that causes it, most likely. What's getting corrupted and how is a mystery to me.

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 15, 03:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Melody Tinker has that borkedness in my game.  Moving her had no effect.  Agree that it's a PITA.
Tyraa Rane
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 January 15, 03:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that problem with one of my sims recently...I had to delete him with moveobjects to fix it. Try that?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 January 15, 03:39:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that's something.  It's annoying though and it makes the challenges harder when you are aiming for a specific grade level and can't actually see wtf you are doing!  Is there a fix out there for it apart from move to new house and keep your fingers crossed?
Think of it as added realism. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 January 15, 04:31:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i have a feeling that anything you do 'in-game' to fix it, is only temperary.  I sent one of my sims who had that bug to a comm lot, when he returned, his grade-bar was corrected.  Yet, by the next semester, the bug had returned.  As Pescado pointed out, if 'Rampage' is no longer an option, then your sim has maxed his true grade bar.  Just continue doing what you would normally have a College sim do, and you should be fine.
   Or, your sim could be trying to tell you something.  He DOESN'T want to be in college, send him back home.   Wink

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 January 15, 13:21:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pes's suggestion works fine if you are trying to get them to graduate SCL.  Unfortunately a coulple of the challenge sims have to graduate without honours.  That's actually harder - especially if you can't see the grade bar!   Well, I'll manage somehow; challenges are no fun if they are too easy!

I guess if it's corruption using all the fix/nuke/memory options on the lot debugger regularly might help.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 January 15, 13:31:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pes's suggestion works fine if you are trying to get them to graduate SCL.  Unfortunately a coulple of the challenge sims have to graduate without honours.
That's trivial also. If you really want me to run the numbers, I can get you the exact values for a bare passing grade with and without Fall bonus. (Although with the Fall bonus, the only thing you NEED to do is go to the Final, which automatically awards enough for a minimum passing grade).

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 January 15, 14:29:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Naah - not worth the effort, but thanks for the offer.  If you did dig out the numbers, I'd post them on the challenge thread.  But it's lower on my wish list than knowing exactly what triggers a family re-union memory.  I'm just whinging for the sake of it really now - it's annoying that there are still buggy bits of Uni after all this time.  I've only just got Uni, so the buggy bits you've all lived with for years are new to me.

The Fall bonus probably explains the permaplat sim's ending up on the Deans list despite a mostly empty grade bar.  Hopefully, I'll manage to keep her grade down in other seasons.  I deserve to fail the challenge if I'm not paying enough attention to stop her sneaking off to class, autonomously doing assignments or chatting to professors.  If I have to start over, I'll make sure she doesn't become permaplat as a teen and send her to Uni with low skills instead of a full set of academic scholarships!

I have to say I like the TSR challenges.  Ticking off objectives isn't as open ended as most challenges and you do end up exploring bits of the game you don't normally bother with: family re-union memories, graduating without honours, running away from home etc etc. You also have to plan it out or you make it harder for yourself as in the above example!  Awesome challenges would be ...., well, awesome...

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 January 15, 20:40:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried TJ's college adjuster?  I know you can change the grade, just not certain if you can lower it.  If I were at home, I'd fire up my game and check for you, however...
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 January 15, 21:43:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any cheats or hacks you use will have no effect on the grade meter when it has this particular bug. The only thing that probably works is moving them out.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: