More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 09:13:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  BV problems - anyone else noticed these?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BV problems - anyone else noticed these?  (Read 9793 times)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
BV problems - anyone else noticed these?
« on: 2008 January 03, 18:15:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. I'm getting wants to learn massage even though my sim has nothing to learn.  Is this a one-off problem with that sim or is it a candidate for wfsanity?

2. I have no charlatan appearing anywhere despite hours/days of play in all 3 destinations and all lots.  SimPE says 3 exist, but calls them "unknown".   Is this normal, is something stomping on them or have I got a problem to fix?  IS it because I have the BV fixes in my patched BV game?  If I remember right they were originally for the unpatched game.

3. I noticed in simPE that all my new BV townies know bigfoot, the grim reaper, charlatan, ideal plant sim etc etc.  All in all there's a lot of relationship junk there.  Is that just my game or is it a general problem?  Can it be permanently nuked or can you prevent it happening in the first place?   

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: BV problems - anyone else noticed these?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 03, 22:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Dont know anything about this issue.

2. Same here 3 charlatans who dont appeare in any Vacation Hood. Have also all Vacation fixes in a patched Game but was the same issue before i patched. If i remove Antiredundancy they appeare eventually after some time spent on a Vacation Lot.

3. My BV Townies know all NPCs like Hula Zombie, Crumplebutt, Grim, Pollination and some Unknowns propably other Vacationtownies they are the buggiest Townies EAxis made ever.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 04, 00:07:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only seen the Charlatan once.  And that was in a test hood before I updated and installed all of my hacks.  I haven't patched BV though.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 04, 00:17:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw charlatans before I installed the antiredundancy hack, and after I took it out (when I patched), but never during all the weeks I had it installed. I asked El Presidente about it and he said it was coincidental and that it was just because the appearance of the charlatan was rare.  I don't know .... it still seems like an awfully big coincidence to me, but I don't know all the tech stuff.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 04, 01:48:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw charlatans before I installed the antiredundancy hack, and after I took it out (when I patched), but never during all the weeks I had it installed. I asked El Presidente about it and he said it was coincidental and that it was just because the appearance of the charlatan was rare.  I don't know .... it still seems like an awfully big coincidence to me, but I don't know all the tech stuff.
It wasn't a coincidence on mine.  I always had the antiredundancy since it came out so I never got to see the charlatan... UNTIL I took out the hack.  Now he appears on other community lots, too, not just vacation ones.  The hack may not prevent the charlatan from appearing altogether but it sure makes it very, very difficult to see him.

Mooooo
Ennarys
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 January 04, 02:27:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the first two issues, but haven't noticed the third. Of course I haven't looked at any townies in SimPE lately either so it might well be there. I also had anti-redundancy installed. My sister and I have been experiencing an additional issue of stalling. The sound cuts out and everything stops for 5-10 seconds and then starts again. I have 3.25 MB of RAM and recently updated my sound card, and lost all my downloads to an unfortunate brain fart accident. It still stalls with no cc at all. I was just wondering if this is a known bug as well and/or if there is a fix for it.

Your ears hear but you don't listen,
Your eyes look but you don't see,
You complain about things gone wrong,
And then put the blame upon me.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 January 04, 02:37:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The stalling in BV is a known problem. There are various tricks to try to minimize it, such as making sure the game isn't auto-logging-on to the EA site, starting the game directly rather than through the launcher -- stuff like that. There's also been suggestions to turn down the graphics options, or make the UI solid rather than transparent.  In the end, these ideas only seem to make the stalls shorter, but don't eliminate them completely. It's just a BV bug/problem.

Oh, yea, have you applied the BV patch?  There's supposed to be a fix for one of the big causes of the stalling (if I remember correctly, it was a timer issue), and I do seem to get less stalls since I updated the game.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Captain Swooptie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 January 04, 02:38:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have 3.25 MB of RAM...

Yikes! Tongue

I figure this is as good a place as any to ask this: Are any of the BV hacks rendered obsolete by the official patch? I recently went through and made sure I had all the latest versions of the FFS hacks, but I wasn't completely clear on some of the manuals -- unsure whether I needed them or not, and whether having them could potentially be bad.

Much appreciated
\/\/\/\/\/
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 January 04, 02:40:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No; everything in the BV hacks directory or BV director's cut is still ok for even a patched BV.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 January 04, 03:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1.Never seen it in my game.
2.I have one Charlatan and I see him approx 1 time of 3 on any comm.lots.I use my nopickpocketrespawn mod instead Pescado's antiredundancy.
3.Noone of my vac.townies don't know Bigfoots or reaper.
I've not patched BV.
Ennarys
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 January 04, 04:01:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, yea, have you applied the BV patch?  There's supposed to be a fix for one of the big causes of the stalling (if I remember correctly, it was a timer issue), and I do seem to get less stalls since I updated the game.

I have the patch. I'm just glad to know that it isn't due to problems in my system.

Your ears hear but you don't listen,
Your eyes look but you don't see,
You complain about things gone wrong,
And then put the blame upon me.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 January 04, 10:40:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the tip on anti-redundancy - I'll take that out temporarily and put it back when I've finish my TSR challenge  That requires Easton West to get his pocket picked.  He's the one with the massage wants as well - as he's TSR made I didn't quite trust that it wasn't just a "one-sim" problem.  Glad Ennarys has hit it too.  I'll give it a bit longer here and thenl post about it in WFSanity. 

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 January 08, 00:18:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a problem with the accupressure massage.  The sim's want didn't fill, the option to learn it was no longer available, and he didn't get the vacation memento.  Bye-bye $500.

Yes, my game's patched.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 January 08, 00:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had the first two problems as well, but haven't checked for the third. I also have weirdness where all my knowledge vampire sims want to be a vampire after they bite someone, or if someone they know gets bit. They often have 'bite sim" and "want to be a vampire" at the same time.

ETA: I just this moment got my first Unsavory Charlatan - in my shopping hood, no less. Go figure. Tongue

Ha! I doctored him up a bit:
« Last Edit: 2008 January 08, 02:20:56 by Nec » Logged
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 January 08, 08:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Definately a snake oil salesman! 
Taking out antiredundancy got the charlatan to show up in my game.  Judging by the frequency with which he showed up without it, anti-redundancy is stomping him pretty hard.  Challenge complete.... on to the next.

I've posted about the massage wants on the SanerWants and Fears thread.  Pescado is wrestling with a very messy BV want tree.  I also mentioned parties there.  Easton West kept wanting to throw a party!  As he was staying in a tent and no phone, that was totally impossible.  Looks like you can't throw parties from community lots, but you can throw them from a holiday home and get your friends back home to fly out specially.  Roll Eyes

ReneeFox
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 January 08, 08:31:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Multiple Charlatans sounds like a mis-behaving hack issue.  I have a BV hack from here that actually fixed a few things, but made some things break (NPC Sims not showing up on vacation lots).  I was going to write something else, and I forgot what already!  Shocked  Someone said seeing the Charlatan was rare?  Oh, contraire!  I see that Sim all over the place, and always run my Sims away from him.   Smiley  Antiredundancy took the Charlatan away, but the BV patch brought him back; should only show up once on the same lot.

Please don't Delete Me 'cause I don't post much in the Forum!
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2008 January 08, 10:17:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having spent some time trying to get a particular Sim pickpocketed so she could thrash the charlatan soundly,  it appears that  high logic makes it (at the very least) extremely unlikely that he'll successfully picjpocket your Sims. Molly Black  had logic-10, and she'd always shut the conversation down before it got to the point where he could pickpocket her.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 February 27, 02:31:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are various tricks to try to minimize it, such as making sure the game isn't auto-logging-on to the EA site, starting the game directly rather than through the launcher -- stuff like that.

How do you do that...exactly?
Thanks.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 February 27, 02:40:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go grab the original exe file and make a shortcut for your desktop.

Program files / EA Games / Sims 2 / Bon Voyage / TSBin

Should be in there.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: