More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:57:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Wardrobe Wrangler Released!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Wardrobe Wrangler Released!  (Read 60340 times)
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Re: Wardrobe Wrangler Released!
« Reply #25 on: 2008 January 13, 15:18:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of TSR, is there any reliable way to strip that spyware crap from original TSR files? Would it be sufficient to compress them with Jfade's Compressorizer? I heard that changing date/time with Attribute Changer is not safe enough.

mommytotwo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 January 13, 19:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got them from TSR itself. The only reason I have a sub is because it's for the good of the community.  Grin  I figured the "spyware" was the reason for the hanging in the wrangler. I'll just get the non spyware versions off the booty.  Smiley

Edit: Lord Darcy, using the compressorizer isn't enough.  Undecided
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 January 14, 03:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of TSR, is there any reliable way to strip that spyware crap from original TSR files? Would it be sufficient to compress them with Jfade's Compressorizer? I heard that changing date/time with Attribute Changer is not safe enough.
For certain values of reliable. The best way is to get it from PMBD. I don't think the tools I use for it translate well to Windoze.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 January 14, 12:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What exactly is TSR spyware? Is there anything executable inside a package file?  Huh
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 January 16, 04:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What exactly is TSR spyware? Is there anything executable inside a package file?  Huh

I would also like to know more about this.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 January 16, 04:37:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before I say anything on this I must make it very, very clear that I do not know all of the details and everything that I do know I've heard second hand from various sources including but not limited to PSMD. So take this with a grain of salt. As I understand it, they tag their downloads in an attempt to catch the downloaders who are handing over their files to the booty. IIRC, Pescado figured this out and changed the tags to read something along the lines of "PIRATESPWN". Or maybe it was all just a crazy, vivid dream. Wink

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 January 16, 06:22:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is not believed to be executable, but it *IS* spyware that TSR can use to track you. Therefore, you should not subscribe to TSR. Paysites Must Be Destroyed!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
raiu
Asinine Airhead

Her? ESFP. Me? INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 January 16, 18:07:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must apologize for changing the subject, but I have a question.
(yes I know there is a forum on DJSsims, but I don't want to register and I saw questions being answered here. If this means I deserve a good poke with the pointy stick then so be it.)

I had made two custom eyes before I installed WW but didn't use them much because they were too dominant, so I got WW and made them recessive. It worked perfectly. I was so thrilled that I decided to go and make that custom hazel eye that I have been wanting. So I used bodyshop and paint.net to make a hazel that matches the maxis eyes. I saved, uploaded to game, and opened WW: no hazel eyes. So I opened the game; hazel eyes were available, so I made a sim with them and left her in the bin. I opened WW; still no hazel eyes. I opened /savedsims in "my computer" and found it in the folder, but WW can't find it. 

Anyone know where my plan for hazel eyed sims has gone wrong?
I am including the package file with the eyes for awesome inspection, in case that helps (or any of ya'll want hazel eyes that need their genetics fixed  Smiley)

* 564a8dce_hazel.package (15.09 KB - downloaded 311 times.)

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 January 16, 18:18:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Taking a shot in the dark: Needs to be in downloads folder, not the Saved Sims or Projects folder?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
raiu
Asinine Airhead

Her? ESFP. Me? INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 January 16, 18:28:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only put mods and objects in /downloads, because clothes/hair/etc don't show up in my game if I don't put them in /savedsims (also that's where body shop put the package; I made the eyes). But I tried moving it and it still doesn't show up in WW (dunno about the game and not really planning to find out). So I shall move it back and await another suggestion.  Undecided

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 January 16, 18:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's weird, I can put hair, clothes, etc in Downloads and they work fine. Sounds like a tights pant issue.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2008 January 16, 19:43:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless something changed about how eyes are produced by Bodyshop, the wrangler should find it so long as you point the Wrangler to the right folder where the package is located. Smiley

As far as the TSR files, I'm not entirely sure what's up with them. Something is clearly off though and the Wrangler seems to have a hard time reading them sometimes. I'm still not entirely positive about what's going on.

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
raiu
Asinine Airhead

Her? ESFP. Me? INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 January 16, 22:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it was tight pants. I moved the file to the desktop and then opened WW and was able to edit it just fine. Then I moved it back to /savedsims, reopened WW and it "disappeared" again. But when I opened CAS the eyes were there and had the corrected genetic strength.

Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 January 17, 03:55:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only put mods and objects in /downloads, because clothes/hair/etc don't show up in my game if I don't put them in /savedsims (also that's where body shop put the package; I made the eyes).

The phrasing of this sentence leads me to believe that your downloads folder is actually typed as "downloads". If you don't use a capital D (as in Downloads) you'd have problems with bodyshop content showing up in game.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
raiu
Asinine Airhead

Her? ESFP. Me? INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 January 17, 19:12:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

........ I feel silly Embarrassed

but why does a little d only cause a problem for clothes/makeup and not objects/mods?

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 January 17, 20:04:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

........ I feel silly Embarrassed

Then our work here is done.  Smiley

but why does a little d only cause a problem for clothes/makeup and not objects/mods?

Clothes/makeup are bodyshop items which seems to have a case-sensitive thing where the Downloads folder is concerned.  Yet another masterpiece of EAxis coding, no doubt.  Ours not to reason why, I suppose (or at least that never gets us anywhere).  Just another thing to remember (like 'don't move occupied lots between neighbourhoods even though EAxis makes it so easy to do').  You are looking for logic and reason in an area where it may not exist.

Fish are not found in the sky (usually).

Tribulatio proxima est
Daria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 January 18, 00:38:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may be a total noob question, but I need some clarification on binning hairs. I have all the hairstyles on the left, and then on the bottom right of the window I can scroll to the right to get to the other files included in that hairstyle. In the ones that are properly binned, I can see that the second-to-last file is binned in grey and the rest are brown (for example). So what I'm understanding is that those 6 files are the different age groups for that hairstyle. Does that mean that when I bin hairs the second-to-last file needs to be put in grey, and the rest in the right colour? What about those hairstyles which don't include all age groups? Is there a way to tell which one should go in grey?
I'd like to know the answer to this one too.  Maybe it's related to my BFBVFS experience with hair files at the moment?

Also might go a ways to explaining why my un-Custom Colours aren't.  I'll play around with it and see what happens, but an expert response'd be handy.  Smiley
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2008 January 18, 10:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is not believed to be executable, but it *IS* spyware that TSR can use to track you. Therefore, you should not subscribe to TSR. Paysites Must Be Destroyed!

Coming to this a bit late, but it's a nasty surprise to me to.  I've never subscribed to TSR, but I've been downloading free stuff for a long time and I have some lots there.  Is the spyware in all their stuff or just the pay stuff?  Is this new or have I got spyware in the things I downloaded ages ago when you could pick up pay stuff free on rotation?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 January 18, 10:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coming to this a bit late, but it's a nasty surprise to me to.  I've never subscribed to TSR, but I've been downloading free stuff for a long time and I have some lots there.  Is the spyware in all their stuff or just the pay stuff?  Is this new or have I got spyware in the things I downloaded ages ago when you could pick up pay stuff free on rotation?
TSR Spyware is an innovation that appeared within the last year and afflicts all .package items in zips. Sims2packed items are unaffected. It is believed to be embedded in all items downloaded within the past year, whether free or not. Based on our available information, we would classify this on the terror scale as a Yellow security threat: it is malicious in nature, but of limited potential for damage.

Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 January 18, 11:36:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there more technical info available, so that this tool and others may - if the coder wishes to do so, of course - be able to cope with it?

Based on our available information, we would classify this on the terror scale as a Yellow security threat: it is malicious in nature, but of limited potential for damage.
According to this graphic, it may cause damage to one's pants. Be afraid, be very afraid! Cheesy
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 January 18, 16:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you call it TSR spyware, do you just mean a mechanism whereby they can track a downloaded file to the individual who's account it was downloaded from? As in generating a key unique to an user account id. Or do you mean something nastier?

Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 January 19, 11:17:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, question: Can this be used to recategorize Maxis clothes? So I can put those silly GLS fur coats in Outerwear and remove them from everyday and formal, etc.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2008 January 19, 11:41:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it can't be used on Maxis clothing. To recategorize Maxis clothes, write down the name of the Maxis clothing you want to recategorize in CAS debug mode, and find the Property Set for that clothes using the SimPE's resource finder. (PropertySet Search) Extract the property set, make a new file, and add the extracted resourse to the new file. Change the category as you want. You can find category value here.

A lot of creators already made various outerwear mods/clothing hiders. You can edit them to suit your needs. For example, fanseelamb's Outerwear mod adds GLS coat to Outerwear. Download the mod, and change the category in Property Set to 0x1000 (Outerwear only).

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 January 19, 11:47:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you call it TSR spyware, do you just mean a mechanism whereby they can track a downloaded file to the individual who's account it was downloaded from? As in generating a key unique to an user account id. Or do you mean something nastier?
It appears to be some manner of polymorphic viral string. We have witnessed files infected by it where the string appears to have multiplied itself within the datafile, as well as been infected by other polymorphed variants of it, which sometimes have also multiplied. We believe that it may be an early attempt at a virus intended to infect your other sims files, but it apparently does not work entirely right and only manages to infect itself.

Is there more technical info available, so that this tool and others may - if the coder wishes to do so, of course - be able to cope with it?
The customary method is to acquire two different sources of this file, tear the package apart into its component subfiles, and then hex-diff the file. The virus is pretty primitive and only appends itself to certain filetypes, so once you have two samples with different polymorph variants, you simply truncate the file at the first difference between the two. This is not a process suitable for home processing, because it requires two samples of what is known to be the same file, but we have this automated at PMBD.

Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 January 19, 11:52:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it can't be used on Maxis clothing. To recategorize Maxis clothes, write down the name of the Maxis clothing you want to recategorize in CAS debug mode, and find the Property Set for that clothes using the SimPE's resource finder. (PropertySet Search) Extract the property set, make a new file, and add the extracted resourse to the new file. Change the category as you want. You can find category value here.

A lot of creators already made various outerwear mods/clothing hiders. You can edit them to suit your needs. For example, fanseelamb's Outerwear mod adds GLS coat to Outerwear. Download the mod, and change the category in Property Set to 0x1000 (Outerwear only).

Thank you. I already have some of these mods but they're not entirely to my liking. I'll try to fiddle around with them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: