More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 18:24:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Jagged line talk balloon
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Jagged line talk balloon  (Read 18133 times)
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Jagged line talk balloon
« on: 2007 December 16, 22:11:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought this was the symbol for the corrupt death memory but it must be for something else too.  I saw a toddler produce this balloon in  a brand new neighborhood in which no one has died.  Do has to be something besides death. Anyone have an idea what?
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Jagged line talk balloon
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 16, 22:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen it a few times even with the death fix.  I think it just means something their talking about is garbled (corrupt, damaged whatever), and i think it could be anything.  Although knowing EAxis its a specific thing they talk about that is garbled no matter what.  I haven't seen any exploding side effects of it though so i think its harmless.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 17, 03:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recall hearing that seeing it once or twice is harmless and just a problem with the sim dealing with too much data and not being able to translate it. If you start seeing it ALL the time, then it may be a sign of impending doom.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 17, 06:31:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 December 17, 07:04:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This also happens when you delete sims out of the sim bin.  Have you done that?  Something about dangling sim wants and fears (swaf's) I think. 

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 December 17, 09:39:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understood it to be a corrupted memory as well, but I leaned all I know from the more awesome folk here!  I'd say it's almost certainly a gossip memory rather than a memory of something the toddler did or saw, so you can use the option on the lotdebugger to delete gossip memories from the toddler.  As he/she probably got the gossip from a family member, I'd do all the sims in that family as well.  If you are feeling really radical, the lotdebugger has an option to get rid of gossip for the entire hood!  13,000 memories deleted in one click when I hit that yesterday! (scary!) I'm still not sure if it was a good move...... , but  I'm not playing that 'hood for the long term.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 December 17, 11:24:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to delete randomly, at least once in a while. From what I read, it keeps file sizes down and the gossip is essentially useless token usage aside from "so and so slept with your wife!" type of situations.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 December 17, 16:17:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This also happens when you delete sims out of the sim bin.  Have you done that?  Something about dangling sim wants and fears (swaf's) I think. 

Nope, no deletions at all.  This is a brand new neighborhood created for the Apocalypse Legacy Challenge.  I knew it couldn't be a death memory since no one has died yet. There are only two other families in the neighborhood but at the time of the jagged line incident the legacy founder was the only one in his family who had met any of them. Very little opportunity for gossip of any kind.  No one but the founder and his wife even knew anyone outside the immediate family.  Can toddlers pick up gossip memories from overhearing two other sims talking? I've never noticed them having balloons with anything other than books, bottles, teddy bears, etc. before.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 December 17, 16:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had that for the first time in a brand new 'hood I'm playing the TSR Challenges in (the only truly good thing to come from that site). Yes, it involved throwing tons of occupied houses in, but they looked clean to me in clean installer. I got jagged lines on looking out the windows. No conversation oddities. If the neighborhood combusts I don't really care, though. It's a junk 'hood on a reject version of a terrain I'd been trying to perfect.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 December 17, 18:46:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think jagged lines can come from missing CC, so that might explain your sim looking out the window.  I'm kinda just speculating 'cause I'm not sure if sims attach any sort of marker to objects apart from their beds, but I have noticed that my ghosts would scream about their deleted CC beds if I cleaned them out of the DL folder.
pixiejuice
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 December 17, 19:45:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... aside from "so and so slept with your wife!" type of situations.

Has anyone ever had anything come of this?  Say your sim did gossip to another sim that his wife was cheating, what would happen?  Anything?

I delete all gossip every once in a while too.  It does do wonders for file sizes, and in turn, load times Smiley 

yet another sims 2 blog: http://lakesideheights.blogspot.com/
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 December 18, 03:24:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone ever had anything come of this?  Say your sim did gossip to another sim that his wife was cheating, what would happen?  Anything?

It has no effect what-so-ever, unfortunately.  Sims only get the jealousy reaction when they're physically present for the cheating.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 December 18, 21:07:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It has no effect what-so-ever, unfortunately.  Sims only get the jealousy reaction when they're physically present for the cheating.

Yeah real shame that.  I remember a old video before sims 2 came out showing a guy cheating and his wifes sister seeing him.  She then went over to tell the wife and the wife went and got pissed at her husband.  They also cut the weather system before the game got released.  Probably best to take anything about sims 3 with a grain of salt.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 December 18, 21:33:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah real shame that.  I remember a old video before sims 2 came out showing a guy cheating and his wifes sister seeing him.  She then went over to tell the wife and the wife went and got pissed at her husband.  They also cut the weather system before the game got released.  Probably best to take anything about sims 3 with a grain of salt.

That would be "wife's".

Grammar Day 2007 - thank you for participating.

Mrs.Facetious
Malodorous Moron

SFJ-E and I = 50/50

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 December 18, 21:35:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems that I have had a sim gossip to a spouse about their transgressions. This resulted in the spouse becoming angry. I will have to look and see, but I am pretty sure this has happened.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 December 18, 21:40:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be "wife's".

It's close enough, I didn't reread it 20 times like I usually do.

It seems that I have had a sim gossip to a spouse about their transgressions. This resulted in the spouse becoming angry. I will have to look and see, but I am pretty sure this has happened.

Well let me know what you find out.  To get full effect on this stuff i'm sure you have to play with free will on.  Which i of course never do.
Fairlight
The Bitch
Nitwitted Nuisance

Grammar Police S.W.A.T. Team

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 December 18, 22:06:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's close enough, I didn't reread it 20 times like I usually do.

This should properly be a period or a semicolon, not a comma. 

Well let me know what you find out.  To get full effect on this stuff i'm sure you have to play with free will on.  Which i of course never do.

You should have a comma between "Well" and "let".  Also, when using "I" in the first person, it should always be capitalized.

Thank you for participating in Grammar Day!

Colonel Bitchlight, deposed Senator and leader of the Rebel Alliance
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

brainless piece of sack of fruitcakes

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 December 18, 22:09:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be "wife's".

Not to mention missing commas, the use of the phrase "a old video," and lack of capitalization on the titles "Sims 2" and "Sims 3."

Happy Grammar Day!

With my frock coat and cane I look rather dashing / And my dapper burnsides make me truly look smashing / I keep an eye peeled to see urchins for thrashing / Then I say to them "Good day, sir!" as an epic tongue-lashing. - notovny

LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 December 18, 22:25:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...yeah I don't think I'll stay on the forum any longer today.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 December 18, 23:02:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't take it personally. It's Grammar Day! All posts are checked for grammar, and advice is given in a helpful tone instead of a snotty one.

As for truth in Sims advertising, I'm still waiting for my fire-breathing toddlers and women who rip their tops off and throw their men on the couch.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 December 18, 23:05:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And we can has a souping. Nice dogpiling, there.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 December 18, 23:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fire-breathing toddlers! Pescado! This is what the Buttlings should do.

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 December 18, 23:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for truth in Sims advertising, I'm still waiting for my fire-breathing toddlers and women who rip their tops off and throw their men on the couch.

Oh, snap! I forgot about that. And hereditary wacky hair.

LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 December 18, 23:11:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't take it personally. It's Grammar Day! All posts are checked for grammar, and advice is given in a helpful tone instead of a snotty one.

I know i don't take it personally.  Still it gets annoying pretty quick having your grammer corrected everytime you type.

Sadly i don't think we'll see either of those things even in the sims 3.  Still that was a animated trailer the thing i'm talking about was an actual in game video.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 December 18, 23:14:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aw, unsouped.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »