More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 04, 17:01:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6515 Members
Latest Member: mirol
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sim's no longer in Perma-Plat!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim's no longer in Perma-Plat!!  (Read 11728 times)
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
Sim's no longer in Perma-Plat!!
« on: 2005 October 19, 22:10:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Criminy!  It didn't even dawn on me last night after I moved this family into their house, but when I moved them it reset all their aspiration meters down to default, like they'd just been created brand new, and not only did it do that but it took away my sim's Perma-Plat!

This re-setting the aspiration is something new that's happened since installing NL's 'patch'.  When this family moved to their other house, their aspiration meters were reset and I thought it happened when I tried to reset a bed that had not made the move well.  Then last night they moved to another house and I didn't try to reset anything (just decided to sell off the bugged objects and buy replacements) and their aspiration meters were back down.  When they moved before, Alistair wasn't at Perma-Plat.

I haven't played the family long enough to see if it might stay full once it fills up, but this is ridiculous!

Also, pre-NL 'patch', when a sim fulfilled one lifetime want another one rolled.  Well, that's no longer happening either.

I'm going to go post this on the BBS Tech Board, too.

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Sim's no longer in Perma-Plat!!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 20, 01:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Also, pre-NL 'patch', when a sim fulfilled one lifetime want another one rolled.  Well, that's no longer happening either."

I wonder if from the start this was not a bug that they corrected with the patch.  For me a Sim should have to fulfill only1 lifetime want since the name does say lifetime.  But if when they move they would loose that permanent Platinum aspiration meter it is another thing.

I will check in my game and let you know if I have the same problem when I move my sims.

EDIT:  Same thing happened to me when I move a family into a new house.  Both were in gold level, now they are in lower green.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 20, 01:19:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I'd be reluctant to move mine (unless I've just backed up the game, of course!)

Zephyr Zodiac
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 20, 01:25:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could put them back to permaplat with the lot debugger.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 20, 01:33:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen that option on mine!

Zephyr Zodiac
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 20, 01:35:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's called "toggle lifetime want bit" or something. You can use it to turn permaplat on and off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 20, 01:43:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, maybe you can turn it off and then on - but if they've lost permaplat for some other reason, then I don't know if it would work.

You could, of course, use one of gnomon's flamingos of excellence, but then all your sim on the lot would go into platinum for most of the time.

Zephyr Zodiac
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 20, 01:52:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The lot debugger thing would most likely work. I think it works on pretty much anyone. When I first got uni, I gave all my existing elders permaplat with it because I didn't think it was fair that they never had a chance to earn it in the first place. Well, maybe some of them still had a chance, but I was too lazy to start striving like that when they were so late in life. That's another story anyway.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 20, 01:56:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, well that's good to know - I hadn't realised it would do that!

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 20, 04:03:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if we use the new cheat "lockaspratiion on" before we move if it would work or does that cheat only applies in the lot itself?

I guess I will have to try it and let you know.

EDIT:  I just tried and it does not work but, until this is fix (if ever it is) you can use the cheat "aspirationlevel #" 3 will give you high green, 4 will give you gold and 5 will give you platinum aspiration.  With that you can at least set them back to approximately the level they were before they move.  It is kind of a work around.  I will also report this to Maxis.
« Last Edit: 2005 October 20, 04:22:34 by Missdoh » Logged
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 20, 04:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's called "toggle lifetime want bit" or something. You can use it to turn permaplat on and off.

Really?  I've never been able to get that to work properly.  I'll have a look if any of my permaplats have lost it for some reason and will check it out (I don't have many).

<insert witty comment here>
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 20, 06:15:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was hoping to get back on here sooner but life kinda goes this way and that sometimes.

You know, I just love testing this game--sure wish they'd pay me (and everyone else) for it!  And with my Legacy family to boot!  It's no wonder I keep starting over and over--not like I keep real score anyway because I use too many mods and such.  I just do it for the fun of it.  Shocked

At any rate, I decided since they were all in platinum when they moved out of their old home and arrived in their new one in green there was no way I was sending them to work and school like that so Merola's Multi-Painting to the rescue!  I boosted the whole family to platinum and the really great news is, Alistair's aspiration meter is Perma-Plat again!

Since one of the kids was online I went ahead and played with the family for a while.  Braun turned into a teenager and very oddly, he didn't get a lifetime want at all.  When I moused-over the aspiration meter it read like one that had been fulfilled.  I pulled out the Renu-U-Sensor Orb and changed his aspiration momentarily to Pleasure Seeker and he then came up with a LTW of becoming a Mad Scienist.  I changed him back to popularity with the Renu-U-Sensor Orb and he still has the LTW of becoming a Mad scientist.  I'm going to say this could possibly be from the more variety in aspirations mod I have in my game so I'll take that out tomorrow and re-program him again and see what happens.  This is strange.  His dad's Knowledge and wanted to be a Mad Scientist.  His older sister is Knowledge and rolled up with the Mad Scientist want which I thought was pretty normal.  Now a Popularity sim wanting to be a Mad Scientist? LOL

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 20, 07:01:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just put the LTW mod back into my game, before moving the Burbs into a house.  John wants to be Chief of Staff!  Well, so I shall let him fulfill that - so much more motivating for the idle bugger than lounging around trying to get poor jennifer to be a baby machine!  and next time he gets the baby want, he gets the expensive telescope (hacked version).

Zephyr Zodiac
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 20, 07:06:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and next time he gets the baby want, he gets the expensive telescope (hacked version).

LOL!  I won't let a family man marry anything but a family woman.  A family woman works with other aspirations, but I think it's so unfair if the sim has to have a bunch of kids she doesn't necessarily want just to keep her hubby happy.  Jeesh!

windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 20, 09:25:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL!  I won't let a family man marry anything but a family woman.  A family woman works with other aspirations, but I think it's so unfair if the sim has to have a bunch of kids she doesn't necessarily want just to keep her hubby happy.  Jeesh!

Yeah, but it makes for some good stories.  Grin

I play the wants heavily, striving to always keep everybody in platinum, as full as possible. When I mix up the types, I'm much more likely to have a good story evolve from couples with competing wants. (Since I don't let my Sims fight much, I have to have conflict somewhere.)

I love the Burbs, even if I don't like Jennifer that much.  (She wouldn't win the "Sim I'd Most Like to Have Tea in RL With award).  John does walk around moping for a baby...but I can "satisfy" him by getting a flirt/kiss/woo hoo chain going, and that is the story.

Meanwhile, little credit to Jennifer please.  They started out my game with no money cheats - she worked her ass off, to pull them out of near poverty to a very nice house and a comfortable way of life.  John has been very supportive (can anyone say macrotastics "clean" and "garden"), so eventually he'll get his baby...

I use the family aspiration more sparingly, I think, than a lot of people do.  Much more likely to get bored by a family/family family than any other combo.
---------------

I don't want to derail this thread too horribly.  I think I am going to take the plunge and install NL this weekend.  Need to know if there are compensations that have to be made if I start moving families around.  (I'm lazy and am letting everybody else test the game out for me!!)

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 20, 10:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the main compensation, I think, is that the game loads more quickly, especially when going to community lots or downtown.

I just tried the toggling LTW bit with the Oldies and after about half-a-sim-hour, they suddenly went into perma-plat - I think before I've tried it, then switched to another sim, so I think if you want it to work you may have to stay with that sim until it happens.

I don't dislike the Burbs, some installations they work fine, others she gets so bogged down in Buy a counter costing at least 900 simoleons that I lose patience with her!  How many top-of-the range counters do you need in your kitchen and bathrooms?

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 20, 17:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is happening in my game, too.  I moved a family where both elders were perma-plat to a new house and they reset to default green, as did their teenage son who'd been gold or platinum when they moved.  I shoved both elders up to top whack via boolProp, but as the day progressed they started to drop down.  I had one or two others who lost it and eventually settled back into perma-plat, but I can't remember if they'd moved house or not.

As for the no Lifetime Want when transitioning to teen, I read today that once they satisfy their first want, they get their Lifetime Want. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Marvelleaux
Puppy Fucker
Blathering Buffoon

"free-thinking cat shits outside the box"

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 20, 17:48:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In addition to loosing his Platinum Aspiration status my sim lost his only friendship credit as well. 

I moved out Husband sim and into a larger house and noticed that although his relationship score with his wife remained the same his influence meter dropped and the number of friends shown in the career field showed Zero.

Very annoying.

Odi profanum vulgaris
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 20, 17:50:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't dislike the Burbs, some installations they work fine, others she gets so bogged down in Buy a counter costing at least 900 simoleons that I lose patience with her!  How many top-of-the range counters do you need in your kitchen and bathrooms?

I enjoy money sims from time to time but for me they get pretty dull with all those wants.  If I can steer them in the right direction they're much more fun.  One a while back kept wanting to buy counters and I was thinking, 'Honey, there's just no more room in that kitchen!'  And this kitchen wasn't exactly small. Wink

I don't want to derail this thread too horribly.  I think I am going to take the plunge and install NL this weekend.  Need to know if there are compensations that have to be made if I start moving families around.  (I'm lazy and am letting everybody else test the game out for me!!)

I think you'll find if you can get past the darned frustrations it can be really enjoyable.  I was extremely happy when I found out they actually fixed the clothing problem that was introduced with the original patch--the one where all sims were age transitioned in the same clothes and they didn't actually own any of those clothes.  I had something like six teenage girls walking around the neighborhood in that short little beige skirt and blue halter top because their parents were just getting to where they could afford to buy a couple articles of clothing.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 20, 18:01:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too - and before I had the clothing tool I had to waste time taking them all down to the shops to buy something reasonable!  I'm glad, also that some of the more way out teenage/YA clothing is still available for adults, so you can at least keep a sim with a particular style looking the same - but if there is a Maxis version of the teenage outfit, why on earth can't they just transition to that?

Zephyr Zodiac
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 20, 18:47:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of that clothing tool, how does it work?  I downloaded it and follows the instructions on putting it in my game but it doesn't appear to be functioning.  It seemed to me like the globals package might belong somewhere other than Downloads, but I don't know for sure.

I've been almost afraid to ask for fear of my lips getting ripped off.  They're chappy enough as it is!  Grin

knitro
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 20, 18:56:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone reported this bug on the official board?

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 October 20, 18:56:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of that clothing tool, how does it work?  I downloaded it and follows the instructions on putting it in my game but it doesn't appear to be functioning.  It seemed to me like the globals package might belong somewhere other than Downloads, but I don't know for sure.

I've been almost afraid to ask for fear of my lips getting ripped off.  They're chappy enough as it is!  Grin
Clothing Tool: Buy in Misc.../Misc for $5. Then, snarf clothes, or buy clothes. The globals package works so that when Young Adults age transition with a clothing tool on the lot, they are presented with the buy clothes dialogue to help in their adult life. The globals package may or may not be compatible with NL.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2005 October 20, 19:03:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone reported this bug on the official board?

Better yet, I filled out one of those 'official' bug report forms.  I also posted on the BBS.

Clothing Tool: Buy in Misc.../Misc for $5. Then, snarf clothes, or buy clothes. The globals package works so that when Young Adults age transition with a clothing tool on the lot, they are presented with the buy clothes dialogue to help in their adult life. The globals package may or may not be compatible with NL.

Oh, silly me!  (Okay, folks, start ripping off what's left of my lips!)  From what I've read, the Clothing Tool is compatible with NL so I went ahead and downloaded it.  At any rate, I'll give it a check-out this afternoon.  Thanks so much for your help!

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 October 20, 19:12:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The globals package is NL compatible.  I have graduated several YAs recently.  But I don't think you have to have the clothing tool on the lot.  I think JM said you didn't necessarily have to have it on the lot.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: