More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:14:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  SimPE 0.64 installer released 24th Dec 2007
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: SimPE 0.64 installer released 24th Dec 2007  (Read 94413 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: releasing SimPE - soon
« Reply #125 on: 2007 December 16, 19:31:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, sigh....

Here is another test version, after Pete cleaned up his build folder radically.  It also benefits from Bidou's Career Editor being updated and put back in Smiley  http://www.fffss.org/SimPE/SimPE_0_64_1_Test.rar

Sorry it has my recent file list in it lol!

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2007 December 16, 20:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried opening a neighborhood with v62 and got an error stating it couldn't open because of a sim being duplicated.

Neighborhood opened without a problem using v64 test.   Was able to view sim descriptions and  DNA and made changes in DNA which showed up correctly in game.

Only problem I had was not being able to run it by clicking on the exe.  It opened but couldn't use it. (The resource list panel does not show up and nothing I have tried can make it show)   Had to make a shortcut with -modernpreset in command line.
Had this same problem with v62 and notified Quaxi of it but never got a solution. Works fine though in modernpreset except that if working with it for an extended period either that panel or the pluginview panel will disappear and I have to close and restart.   
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: 2007 December 16, 20:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hedgekat, was that 64.0?  I think 64.1 opens with all the windows in the right places.  Otherwise there is a little button with the tooltip "reset layout", or you can get to it via Extra|Preferences|Simpe settings.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
davida
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2007 December 16, 21:20:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Version 64.1  works beautifully for my (limited) use. I pop in and out of the hoods and the changes I make on the Sims  stay in the game too. (but I still get Consort Capp and not Vincent though   Smiley)

I also find teenstyleobjects and gets no warning in start.
Jomammatee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2007 December 16, 22:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hedgekat, is that you???  Haven't heard from you for the longest time at the usual places I hang out--Melynda's Playhouse which kinda used to be SA.

Anyway, I had rather the same problem, too, in getting the layout how I wanted.  The Plugin View and the Object Viewer kept disappearing and I couldn't get it to come back so I shut SimPe down and reopened it several times.  The resource tree still won't split up like I want it.  I mean the Resource Tree opens up but I just want the 3 things that branch off that--the TXTR, Material Override and the Material Definition--to be on my layout.  Still haven't gotten it.

Jo H.
Jomammatee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2007 December 16, 22:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, problem solved.  I got the layout the way I want plus I can use the Material Override and Material Definition like I'm used to doing.  It was the Resource List that I needed to get in the layout.  I opened that earlier but didn't understand what I was looking at since it only showed one at a time.  Okay, it all is working so far, version 64, like I'm used to.  I don't use the Neighborhood feature but I did open it to see if it gave me any errors like some have been posting.  I didn't get any errors with it.  Sorry to have troubled you, Inge.

Jo H.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: 2007 December 16, 23:06:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NP Jomammatee.

To everyone:  I have had one tester report that they can edit careers now apart from pet careers that gives an error.  Can anyone confirm this?   Can anyone think of a reason a pet career data might be different?

davida
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2007 December 17, 08:32:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you mean change careers it works both with persons  and animals in my game. I have tried it with and without custom contents and on Maxihoods and custom hoods  and I get no error. It is still  64.1 I use.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: 2007 December 17, 09:22:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was talking about using the career editor to actually edit the career data itself, not changing what career a sim happens to be on.  Did you try that at all?  Anyone else confirm 0.64.1 has a pet career problem with the Bidou career editor?

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: 2007 December 17, 10:21:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried 64.0.  I was so happy to be able to clean up the hood I'm playing to get rid of the cat that thought it was human and various duplicate sims.   Cheesy

I deleted some sims (sim description, wants and fears, relationships) and memories.  Theo's memory plugin worked fine (right click to cascade delete). I didn't get the default window display that I'm used to - maybe I lost some settings during the install?  Only annoyance I had was that SimPE insisted on loading the objects table though I didn't want to do anything with the objects.  Waiting for that was annoying.  Maybe it's always done it and I've never noticed before.  Embarrassed

I'd like an installer.  I didn't know whether I should delete all the old files or whether there were things I should keep.  I worried about it for a bit and then deleted the lot - if I had personalised settings they'd have gone then.  An installer makes those decisions for me.  A lot of people use SimPe who are not at all techie.  If you don't give them in  installer, you're going to need staff to man a board answering "where do I put it" & "how do I open a zip file".

PS - I'm not worried if the cleanup wasn't perfect - this is not a hood I plan on keeping going for ever.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: 2007 December 17, 10:38:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Numenor's doing the installer download and it should be on MTS2 soonish.  In the meantime if you want to keep testing new stuff, there is 0.64.1 at http://www.fffss.org/SimPE/SimPE_0_64_1_Test.rar

Obviously each new test version needs testing before we'll hand it over to Numenor for publishing.   Next test may include Echo's footprint editor.

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: 2007 December 17, 10:57:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The default gmdc exporter pliugin is missing from 0.64.1 test version. I noticed that I couln't export meshes after I made a fresh installation of 0.64.1 version.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: 2007 December 17, 11:49:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well spotted - thanks! Smiley

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: 2007 December 17, 12:24:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quaxi's reappeared.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2007 December 17, 12:59:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because I don't see any Quaxi sighting. Where is it?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: 2007 December 17, 13:08:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the QA forum.

ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: 2007 December 17, 16:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For such a grumpy old man, you really have the cutest pet pics, Pescado Cheesy
And for those of us that dont have access to the QA forum, what does Quaxi say?
« Last Edit: 2007 December 17, 16:37:58 by ingeli » Logged
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: 2007 December 17, 16:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He's uploaded a release preview.  Unfortunately because he didn't see fit to address any of his developers directly to discuss the state of the project before he made this unexpected move, it's got the test build with the buggy career editor in it that Peter would have been about to fix.  Numenor, who had been planning to publish it probably today, knew which was the latest stable build that was ready for public release, because he took a few seconds to discuss it with us.  C'est la vie.

That's why EA didn't bother to make The Sims hard to play - they knew the real challenges would lie in dealing with the obstacle course that is the Sims Community.  Wink

ebonyspiral
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2007 December 17, 17:52:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why EA didn't bother to make The Sims hard to play - they knew the real challenges would lie in dealing with the obstacle course that is the Sims Community.  Wink

Heh. Even with my sims free will on, ACR and fight club mods installed, my sims antics are but a light distraction from the community drama.

Anyway, I know people appreciate what you and Peter have been trying to do and I'd like to say thank you as well.
I also hope, as has been mentioned before, that there will be multiple programs developed by the community for future sims games. It's never a good thing to end up relying on one, in any situation. I've tried before to drag my brother back to playing the sims, as he does programming, and get him interested in the modding side, but it's not his cup of tea.

FACT INTO DOUBT WON'T GO
lemonfresh
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2007 December 17, 18:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, your .64 is working for my purposes, so I'll just continue to use it. Your efforts are much appreciated.

I don't suppose Quaxi has anything enlightening to say about this Stormwench person, like wtf she is or anything? It might be useful to know should he fall off the face of the planet again...

Everyone knows milk goes in rubber gloves, not bags.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: 2007 December 17, 18:54:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He hasn't felt moved to address anything other than the announcement of the pre-release.

I happen to have installed on my computer a 0.64.2 with a nifty graphical footprint editor provided by Echo Smiley   Not sure if Quaxi is planning to include that in the release, but it's been committed at SF by Peter.   Then I need to look at the career files to see if I can find out what the pet careers have that the human ones don't, so we might get that fixed too.  Can anyone remember whether the Bidou career editor ever handled pet careers correctly?

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2007 December 17, 20:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He hasn't felt moved to address anything other than the announcement of the pre-release.

Ugh. Can we have developers who actually deign to talk to people next time? Roll Eyes

I don't know how to edit careers, sorry Undecided.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
lemonfresh
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2007 December 17, 22:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't recall having ever run across any custom pet careers... but then, I've no interest in such and wasn't really paying attention.

Everyone knows milk goes in rubber gloves, not bags.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2007 December 17, 22:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't recall having ever run across any custom pet careers... but then, I've no interest in such and wasn't really paying attention.

There are a handful.

Edit: Now with fixed link! Get one today!
« Last Edit: 2007 December 17, 22:58:10 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: 2007 December 17, 22:41:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well Pete's fixed the crashing so you can read a pet career in the Bidou editor now.  It just needs someone who is familiar with Pet careers to check that everything is listed that should be.   They have fewer BCONs was the main reason for the crash.  I can make a test release available tomorrow. (in about 9 hours that is)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: