More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:36:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Smaller Beach lots!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Smaller Beach lots!  (Read 54004 times)
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Smaller Beach lots!
« Reply #50 on: 2007 December 27, 21:41:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put it on SH and Vulkano.

Try placing it where you can, edit, save, move to bin. Then try placing that one and see if you get better results.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 December 28, 04:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll try more with the 3x3 tomorrow. My game takes so long to load I wasn't able to add new neighborhoods tonight to test placement on those.
I tried the x3's as residential. No issues to report. I have tried the 1x5 as a dorm, no issues and they get their mail as per usual.

Edit: I've forgotten, dorm lots aren't supposed to get newspapers are they? Because if they aren't supposed to, then everything is fine. If they are supposed to, then I'm not getting any. Mail is still okay. I had them not pay the bill and more bills showed the next day so, on this lot at least, its fine.
« Last Edit: 2007 December 28, 04:57:19 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 December 31, 02:52:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dorms don't get newspapers. You're okay.

I have an issue. I moved out a family from the 2X3 beach lot, and when I moved in another family, the ability to swim is lost. Is there a special portal for that, and if so, where do I get it?  I just downloaded the waves portal, that was gone also.  I don't want to move the family out, because it's a lot that I didn't bin. If I must start over on a new lot, I will. (Boohoo)

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 December 31, 15:21:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weird.

Try http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=251392 get the revealer and the buyable portals. (BTW--you can add people portals to sides or back of lots--anywhere you want- and sims will use them. Gives a more realistic experience.

EDIT: I happened to have an empty beach lot that had been occupied and I had moved her in with a guy and his daughter on another beach lot. I made a new guy and a dog and moved them in to the empty--it worked just fine (so far anyway a sim day of play) no issues.

Do it again! Move a sim out of a beach lot and another in and see if you can swim there.

Has anyone else moved sims in/out of beach lots and had any issues?
« Last Edit: 2007 December 31, 17:40:25 by MutantBunny » Logged
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 December 31, 23:08:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That 3x3 seems perfect.

On the move in- move out thing, I can't comment. I did use the same sim to test the lots and moved him out of everyone, but I use Inge's stay things shrub, so that may keep me from having any missing portal issues.

I did notice that some of the smaller lots have this odd graphics issue at the edge of the lot. There is daylight coming through at night. As in, on the edge of the lot, there is a line that looks like the terrain in daylight, if it's night time. It doesn't cause any problems and it's a thin line, it just looks weird.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 January 01, 00:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used the stay things shrub by Inge Jones too. But the lots were still missing the waves and invisible beach portals. I went to the thread @ MTS2 to download the portals for the beach, but only found the waves in the file.

I guess it might have been that lot. So I just built another one. Tongue

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
eenaleor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2008 January 01, 03:56:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... it is really very easy to get rid of.

Is it? How?

I just checked again, it is only moveobjects on, remove the uneven sideway tiles, flatten the ground and replace them. Fortunately the sideway flooring is included in the game Tongue
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2008 January 01, 19:00:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strange, I had moveobjects on and constrainfloorelevation. Wouldn't flatten for some reason, couldn't get the sidewalk to remove. I have the sidewalk tiles in my game as well, via a configured game file.

eenaleor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2008 January 02, 14:29:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How did you try removing them? I used the sledge hammer tool ( "j" key). Maybe it doesn't work with constrainfloorelevation false, but I wouldn't know why.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2008 January 02, 18:39:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How did you try removing them? I used the sledge hammer tool ( "j" key). Maybe it doesn't work with constrainfloorelevation false, but I wouldn't know why.

Ah, the sledgehammer, it completely skipped my mind. I tried removing it like a normal tile.

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: 2008 January 03, 21:32:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The stay-things shrub shouldn't work on things like portals anyway.  It's meant for stuff you buy, like furniture.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2008 January 03, 21:47:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The stay-things shrub shouldn't work on things like portals anyway.  It's meant for stuff you buy, like furniture.
Ahh, well no issues with portals so far, one way or the other. I do have the buyable portals, would that have an effect?

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: 2008 January 03, 22:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made them build-mode items, so theoretically the shrub should not be working on them.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2008 January 06, 03:29:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need the files for the mini beach lots.  I had to re-format my hard drive, thus losing everything in my game.  When I went to MTS2 to download the files were empty.  Is there any other place to get them?  Waaah! I need them. LOL!

MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2008 January 06, 04:05:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try again.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2008 January 06, 21:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much for responding, Mutant Bunny, but the files now have the error, end of archives. I don't know what to do to correct that problem?

MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2008 January 07, 16:06:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried the Dl and itwas fine for me so it must be at your end somewhere. Try again?

I wish I could just post them here too, especially now that they have been DLed over a 100 times and the only reported issues have been those reported here which have in the end not been due to the lots. They seem safe enough to me! But I have promised not to do that as Mootilda is worried about them corrupting game files. She's the lead on this one. Until she gives some definition of 'what is safe enough to release to the general public' and the lots meet that I am obligated to adher to my agreement.

I've been curious: has anyone seen lots made with them posted anywhere? (It dawns on me at this late date that there are no restrictions on someone else posting them.   Lips sealed)
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: 2008 October 27, 13:37:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stupid Necormancy ghoul!  Does it think it would be better to make a new thread for the same conversation?

I have just tried these for the first time.  Now I can almost always get the 3x6 to place without problem.  Using the terrain modification cheat I can always get it to place after some adjustments.

However, the smaller lots (all the same depth but narrower will rarely place anywhere, not even within the same area the 6 tile wide one was on perfectly happily!

Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2008 October 27, 17:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I remember correctly, these lots were made while the shrinking feature was still in development, and they still had objects (including beach portals and waves) on the trimmed area of the lot.  Is it possible that these off-lot portals could be causing a problem with lot placement?  Perhaps someone should try remaking them with the release version of the LotAdjuster, removing all of the excess portals before shrinking, to see whether that fixes any of these problems....

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2008 October 27, 18:18:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, the smaller lots (all the same depth but narrower will rarely place anywhere, not even within the same area the 6 tile wide one was on perfectly happily!

Really? I've never really had a problem with placing the smaller lots at all. I used the OFB terrain, the only issue generally involved trying to place them side by side. I had tested placing all of them repeatedly and had even bulldozed the larger ones and followed that by trying each size in the same spots.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: 2008 October 27, 20:03:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mootilda, today I placed the MutantBunny 6x3 and because I wanted a 3x3 but could not place hers, I used the latest lot adjuster to shrink it.  After that I took it to my bin and was able to place it over and again right next to itself.   So maybe the newer LA has done the trick.  It's very nice, thank you!

Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2008 October 27, 21:37:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excellent.  There was certainly a lot of additional work done on the LotAdjuster after the shrunken beach lots were created, expecially in the off-lot objects logic and the edges logic.  I suppose that we should give MutantBunny the first crack at recreating those lots?  It would be nice to release them in their own thread, as well.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: