More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 10:03:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Some questions about earning money
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Some questions about earning money  (Read 5129 times)
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
Some questions about earning money
« on: 2007 December 01, 10:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been wondering whether the following is considered as "earned", i.e. counting against the "Earn 100k" LTW:

- Inheriting money
- Selling produce (instead of harvesting)
- Selling crafted items from a workbench (via "make one...")
- Selling crafted items using the skillinator (which automatically sells the items out of the inventory)

P.S. Yes, I know that it's ridiculously easy to "earn" 100k with OfB Wink

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Some questions about earning money
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 01, 11:50:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Selling produce does count towards 'earned' money, the others, dunno. I use Squinge's date/wealth/friends/fights counter thingy to check whether or not the income counts.

Btw, my sims do not seem to 'earn' money from selling novels anymore, I wonder if it's got something to do with Pes' noplagiarism hack.

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 01, 11:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I doubt it's related, since that hack has been unchanged for ages.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 01, 12:18:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

- Inheriting money
- Selling produce (instead of harvesting)
- Selling crafted items from a workbench (via "make one...")
- Selling crafted items using the skillinator (which automatically sells the items out of the inventory)

1-doesn't count and it's a shame in my opinion (think of the golddigger, she shouldn't have to work to "earn" money)
2-does count
3-does count
4-doesn't count, but the ones sell from the bench (when stopping/restarting) do count
« Last Edit: 2007 December 01, 12:42:00 by pioupiou » Logged
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 December 01, 12:24:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1-doesn't count and it's a shame in my opinion (think of the golddigger, she shouldn't have to work to "earn" money)
2-does count
3-does count
4-doesn't count, but the ones sell from the bench (when stopping/restarting do count)

1 - Dammit - I was sooo hoping for a fun alternative Tongue

As for the rest - yes, that's what I thought, too. Thanks for confirming, pioupiou Smiley

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 December 01, 13:09:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Produce Sales using the Hammer And Sickle's "Sell Produce" or the Fruitbowl of Awesomeness do count.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 December 01, 18:42:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about selling the stuff you dig up on the beach (like rocks, bones, treasure, etc.)?  I just assumed it was "earned" money, same as the counterfeit machine (which seems to count as "earned", or am I imagining it?).  I have never tested it though with an "Earn 100K" LTW.

Tribulatio proxima est
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 December 01, 22:25:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Scholarships doesn't count either.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 December 02, 03:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about selling the stuff you dig up on the beach (like rocks, bones, treasure, etc.)?  I just assumed it was "earned" money, same as the counterfeit machine (which seems to count as "earned", or am I imagining it?).  I have never tested it though with an "Earn 100K" LTW.

I can't see how it could work, as those things are sold through the catalog instead of directly.  They will count if you sell them in an OFB business.  The counterfeit machine money counts because it is collected by the sim.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 December 02, 03:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Digged-up junk can be sold for earned-income through the Hammer and Sickle.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 December 02, 09:58:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Scholarships doesn't count either.

Which sucks, imho, given all the skilling needed to get them. Dean's List money counts, though.

Digged-up junk can be sold for earned-income through the Hammer and Sickle.

Oh - I completely forgot about the H&S! I only use it on business lots and never go there without having cleared out the owner's inventory, so I almost never see the sell options. Does "Sell Produce" also work for fish/boots?

ETA: Ignore the last question - tested it yesterday and saw that the option is, indeed, "Sell Fish & Produce". Shiny.
« Last Edit: 2007 December 03, 08:15:45 by sloppyhousewife » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 December 04, 10:46:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should install a Hammer and Sickle on every lot, both for its ability to quickly junk random fish that may accumulate in a sim's inventory due to autonomous fishing, and for its ability to MAKE BUGGER OFF.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: