More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 13:15:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  More Awful Than You! December: 'tis the season!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More Awful Than You! December: 'tis the season!  (Read 115560 times)
photo
Knuckleheaded Knob

I has a llama.

View Profile
Re: More Awful Than You! December: 'tis the season!
« Reply #25 on: 2007 December 03, 03:57:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is fun.... Cheesy

There are no words for how... erm... Christmasy? this is....
http://sumomo.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=100485

oooo extra points for pay! Halloween you say? yeah that would definitly scare me if I were in it....
http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/sims2/meshes/objects/579259/

what is UP with that train? happy St. Patrick's Day indeed... and its pay at that! 80
http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/sims2/clothing/female/adult/formal/275584/

I'm a she.
I am teh AIDES, photo 1 & photo b.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 December 03, 04:19:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That poofy crap at the bottom hurts my eyes. Lips sealed

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2007 December 03, 05:31:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i thought I just needed new glasses. you mean that dress is actually that blurry?

'Scuse me while I go beat the creator to a bloody pulp then send them my optometrist bills.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 December 03, 06:22:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry to nitpick, but some of you (I'm looking at you snowbawl) have neglected to rehost images from MTS2. MTS2 is a great free site and by direct linking the images you are using their bandwidth and costing them money, which is a VBT. These contests are a LOT of fun and it's great to make fun of the shit stuff, but we all know that there is good stuff on MTS2 as well. Doing this shit is part of what makes MTS2 run so freaking slowly. Please save the images into your photobucket or image hosting website of your choice and fix the links in your posts.

Of course, we should always direct link from paysites because obviously paysites must be destroyed.

Ummm... Those pics came from spiffysims.com.  And the images are in my botophuckit account.  Thank you and have a good night.

Edit:  If anyone cares, I flipped the pics from spiffysims to photoshop, cropped, saved as jpeg, uploaded to my image hosting site, and posted here.
« Last Edit: 2007 December 03, 06:32:37 by snowbawl » Logged
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 December 03, 07:50:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry to nitpick, but some of you (I'm looking at you snowbawl) have neglected to rehost images from MTS2. MTS2 is a great free site and by direct linking the images you are using their bandwidth and costing them money, which is a VBT. These contests are a LOT of fun and it's great to make fun of the shit stuff, but we all know that there is good stuff on MTS2 as well. Doing this shit is part of what makes MTS2 run so freaking slowly. Please save the images into your photobucket or image hosting website of your choice and fix the links in your posts.

Of course, we should always direct link from paysites because obviously paysites must be destroyed.

Ummm... Those pics came from spiffysims.com.  And the images are in my botophuckit account.  Thank you and have a good night.

Edit:  If anyone cares, I flipped the pics from spiffysims to photoshop, cropped, saved as jpeg, uploaded to my image hosting site, and posted here.

I'm sorry! My mistake. I don't know why your name popped into my head when I was typing that. I guess I lost track of which posters rehosted and which ones didn't, probably because I reworded that post about 40 times before I posted it.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
MadameUgly
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 December 03, 13:52:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In no particular order (holiday wise).

Here's one to add to the "why?" category for bizarre shaped neighborhoods (from c_literati)

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/sims2/themes/valentine/page6in131items/

BONUS:  it's pay

Also from TSR (and pay) and still valentines (compliments of cherokeerose):

It's a bit of a small pic, but yes, that's a cape like item hanging off the back.  Just ugly.

But what about Independence Day?  Nothing says "America, Fuck Yeah" like THIS:

From Small Town Sims at TSR (again, it's pay) http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/sims2/themes/independance/527287/
While I have no problems with players wanting goofy pets (I make freaky ones all the time) I don't know why anyone would PAY to have this dog.  Just MAKE YOUR OWN. 

Wait, while continuing my search, I see Small Town Sims did a "Mutt of the Month" thing.  I think s/he should get a special nod for ALL the dumb pets s/he thinks others (and it seems there are at least three people downloading each animal) should pay for that crap.  (oh, and incase you want to collect the whole set, there are cats, too). 

Want decent sim stories?  Go forth and read: http://madame-ugly.livejournal.com/
Jadis
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 December 03, 15:38:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like mom has been raiding the Christmas tree to make her own ear-rings:

From Parsimonious. By Katie. Link:http://www.parsimonious.org/fashion2/accessories/3.shtml (There are 6 more on that page, all very Christmas-y. I just think these are the ones that scream WTF the loudest). I hope you can all see the pictures.

Those aren't WTF at all. Women wear earrings like that at Christmas all the time. They're supposed to be silly and tacky, that's the whole point. Frankly, the one problem I can see with those earrings is that they are not nearly cheesy enough.

They do? Shocked I wouldn't be caught dead in them. Besides, some of those really look like they've been taken right off the Christmas tree. I really don't know anyone who would put actual Christmas globes (or whatever you call them) in their ears. Maybe a real earring that somehow resembles one, but surely not the real thing?

I'm having trouble making the distinction between general Christmas gaudiness and utter crap.
Yeah, mee too, Hejira.

On a related note, how cheesy would Christmas-objects have to be to be cheesy for you Americans? (Would a candy-caned striped mailbox and trash-can be cheesy enough, or is that normal by Christmas-tacky people's standards?)

Anyway, for the sim who wants to replace their normal trash-can and mailbox for one month out of the year (and look really cheesy):

From i like rubber ducks, MTS2. Links:http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=207329
And:http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=207233
« Last Edit: 2007 December 03, 16:41:39 by Jadis » Logged

Tests say I'm INFP. I feel that ISFP describes what I act like more accurately than INFP, though. But both descriptions are pretty covering, so take your pick, or combine them.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 December 03, 16:42:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To me, decorating your trashcan is a little much. And the mailbox? Just needs ribbon wrapped around the pole. Nothing else.

So far, the clothes and the beds are winning for me. =p

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
cenoura
Exasperating Eyesore

Talk to the hand!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 December 03, 17:13:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This one is filed under Valentine's day at TSR:

I have no idea what that is around her legs.
Get it here: http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/sims2/clothing/female/adult/everyday/445742/
Over 1000 downloads and this lovely comment:

these look very naughty but hip chick at the same time this will do good for my candy cafes naughty desert section

WTF?

And don't forget the children at Valentine's:

Though those look more Christmas-y to me. Not to mention the block colour nature of it all.
Link: http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/sims2/sets/436889/

How about Halloween? Fancy adding that extra touch of creepiness in your bathroom?

Eurgh. Find it here: http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/sims2/sets/rooms/560649/

ISTP
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 December 03, 19:19:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about Halloween? Fancy adding that extra touch of creepiness in your bathroom?

http://isc.thesimsresource.com/images/tmp/560/560649.jpg
Geez where the heck do these people get their ideas?
« Last Edit: 2007 December 04, 03:18:42 by Jak » Logged

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 December 03, 19:26:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that's some serious underbite.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 December 04, 02:57:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a related note, how cheesy would Christmas-objects have to be to be cheesy for you Americans? (Would a candy-caned striped mailbox and trash-can be cheesy enough, or is that normal by Christmas-tacky people's standards?)

I don't think one could decorate the trash can, because it needs to be mobile. I'm sure this disturbs certain people immensely. But mailboxes are decorated constantly.

You should visit America over Christmas. I recommend Florida for optimal tackiness. You will probably go blind. Most people just put up some lights, a wreath, it's nice. But every few blocks, there's that one house with 14 different glowing Christmas creatures in the front yard, a life-size glowing creche, and 5 different styles of lights, all of them blinking, covering every square inch of property.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 December 04, 03:27:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And don't forget the increasingly popular blow-up lawn decorations now.  I swear I saw a blow-up nativity creche the other day.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 December 04, 03:51:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, honestly, Americans set the bar pretty high for tacky Christmas decoration.  One of my new favorites, because so lazy and ikky, are those colored projector lights.  Insta-sleigh, Santa's house, nativity, whatever you want!

I once suggested to a friend that we should get a projector light of the Virgin Mary, aim it so the light hit a satellite dish, and then count how many cars parked on the lawn in the next twenty-four hours.

Most of the stuff is only moderately fugly but the cart with the pig head!  What the heck is that supposed to be?

PB

photo
Knuckleheaded Knob

I has a llama.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 December 04, 04:30:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think one could decorate the trash can, because it needs to be mobile. I'm sure this disturbs certain people immensely. But mailboxes are decorated constantly.

You should visit America over Christmas. I recommend Florida for optimal tackiness. You will probably go blind. Most people just put up some lights, a wreath, it's nice. But every few blocks, there's that one house with 14 different glowing Christmas creatures in the front yard, a life-size glowing creche, and 5 different styles of lights, all of them blinking, covering every square inch of property.

I think the south could give Florida a run for its money... Cool

I'm a she.
I am teh AIDES, photo 1 & photo b.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 December 04, 04:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree. Here in Vegas it depends on the neighborhood. The poorer the 'hood, the tackier the decor.

(I refer to Arkansas, Mississippi and Georgia). Have only been to Florida twice and it wasn't during Christmas season.
« Last Edit: 2007 December 05, 04:58:55 by MsMaria » Logged

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 December 04, 06:01:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the south could give Florida a run for its money... Cool

Uh... have you looked at a map lately? Florida is in the South. It's the wiener of America.

I don't get the green and red outfits for Valentine's Day. Why the green? And those poor animals.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 December 04, 06:13:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If we're talking about xmas lights, I remember this one from last year - or the year before, time accelerates as you age - these lights are the only ones I get out for xmas, can't afford the power bills. This guy must have had insane power bills and possibly no family or neighbours left at the end of his mission.  Cheesy

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 December 04, 06:34:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love that video. The guy who did that is an electrical engineer, I think, and he had the light show play at set times so as not to disturb the neighbors too much. The music was broadcast over the radio during those times. Iirc, the biggest problem was traffic congestion from all the people wanting to see the show.

I once dated a guy who would totally do that. In fact, I would be unsurprised if in a few years, when he has his own house, I stumble upon something like that on the internet with his name attached to it. Engineers are nuts. Cheesy

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 December 04, 09:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

God In Heaven! What's with all the skanky candy stuff?

That cart actually looks like more of an Easter thing. If that holiday in Norway is like the one in Finland, IIRC, the children come and bless the house a week before Easter, and get money for it? And they leave these little decorated branches with fabric and flowers tied to them. I got to see that last time I visited, it was pretty cool.

As far as Thanksgiving goes- they don't have it in Germany, or Finland, or anywhere else in Europe as far as I could tell when I was living there. Why would the Europeans be celebrating a holiday so specific to the New World? If it involves different traditions and is celebrated on a different day, it is a different holiday (with many similarities, perhaps)! I won't even get into how much trouble it was to put together a Thanksgiving dinner in the student Wohnheim.  Cheesy

I actually like the tackiness of the Christmas decorations, in an odd way. I mean, they are awful, but it is so much fun to drive around and look at all of them... and I remember how much I loved them as a kid (the tackier the better).

What really bothers me is excessive, shitty secular Christmas carols and Christmas decorations in stores before Thanksgiving. One holiday at a time, thanks!

My submission: PARSIMONIOUS. Their special advent calendar promises something new and horrible for each day leading up to Christmas!

http://www.parsimonious.org/events/xmas/3/3.shtml

Since I think that may have missed the deadline, here is some of their more heinous older stuff:

Valentine Terror:

also ran, the rose teen male swim trunks: http://www.parsimonious.org/fashion2/files/k8mtlrose.jpg

More Christmas Outfits Crimes:

The Wrapping Paper Suit

Elder Abuse

Crimes Against Bumpmapping

This:

And this: http://www.parsimonious.org/fashion2/files/jcmccelvenxmascm.jpg

Selected images will be rehosted for your viewing pleasure as soon as I get SLEEP. get back from work... eh, whenever

**EDIT: deleted about half the links because they weren't awful enough, and shortened the post a little.**
**ETA: rehosted images, I think. And again, deleted a few more entries. Remember kids, never post drunk or tired!**
« Last Edit: 2007 December 05, 03:27:57 by Ellatrue » Logged

simsfreq
Exasperating Eyesore

ENTP

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 December 04, 09:59:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About Thanksgiving: I'm English and we celebrate Guy Fawkes' Night (Mostly now called fireworks night or bonfire night) which celebrates how Guy Fawkes was stopped from blowing up parliament in some ancient century. We make models of him and burn them.

Time has gathered us here by coincidence; that's why what we say doesn't make any sense.
cenoura
Exasperating Eyesore

Talk to the hand!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 December 04, 11:19:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eurgh. I didn't click on all of them, but the ones I did contained awfully textured clothing. I don't get why so many creators think that block filling a texture with a pattern means they don't have to dodge / burn some shadows and highlights in there. I'm just starting out texturing (nothing good enough to share yet) and even I know the basics  Huh 

ISTP
Jadis
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 December 04, 17:35:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That cart actually looks like more of an Easter thing. If that holiday in Norway is like the one in Finland, IIRC, the children come and bless the house a week before Easter, and get money for it? And they leave these little decorated branches with fabric and flowers tied to them. I got to see that last time I visited, it was pretty cool.

As far as Thanksgiving goes- they don't have it in Germany, or Finland, or anywhere else in Europe as far as I could tell when I was living there. Why would the Europeans be celebrating a holiday so specific to the New World? If it involves different traditions and is celebrated on a different day, it is a different holiday (with many similarities, perhaps)! I won't even get into how much trouble it was to put together a Thanksgiving dinner in the student Wohnheim.  Cheesy

No kids come to bless the house, but we do have the decorated branches, if by that you mean a decorated birch-rod. And big plastic candy containers shaped as eggs, and painting real eggs if that floats your boat. People here aren't too much into the Easter bunny, though, so no egg-hunting in gardens. A lot of people go up to their cabins or rent one and go skiing. Or partying. Or both. But most people just stay home or visit relatives. Which is ultimately safer. Every year, quite a few of the skiiers injure themselves, and almost without fail, every year there is a big, televised search-party for someone/a group of people who lost their way in the snow.

(Just like every year, there's a picture in the newspaper of someone who got their eye ruined by someone else's careless use of New Year's Eve rockets. Srsly, alcohol+dimwit+rocket+over-confidence=dimwit blowing off his own or someone else's body-parts from thinking he could fire off a rocket while holding it in his hand Roll Eyes. When will people learn?)

Meanwhile, for those who stay home, there's lots of (usually British or Swedish) serial who-dunnits on TV in the evenings, and lots of movies at all other times. And marzipan candy. That you have to buy beforehand because all the shops are closed for the long weekend that is Easter.

Hmm...something that is (remotely) like Thanksgiving? I can't think of anything. But the celebration for John the Baptist on the 23rd of June is kind of like Guy Fawkes. People light a huge bonfire out of old crap and gather around and eat and drink, basically. Why we are celebrating John the Baptist when the state-church is Lutheran? Any excuse for a party or holiday of any kind, man Wink. Plus, it's originally pagan anyway.

Tests say I'm INFP. I feel that ISFP describes what I act like more accurately than INFP, though. But both descriptions are pretty covering, so take your pick, or combine them.
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

brainless piece of sack of fruitcakes

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 December 04, 18:26:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must have the skull toilets.

I work at a store that sells blow-up nativities, complete with snowglobe effect, and house lights that blink and change color in time with xmas midis from a blaring speaker. So don't even talk to me about that shit.

With my frock coat and cane I look rather dashing / And my dapper burnsides make me truly look smashing / I keep an eye peeled to see urchins for thrashing / Then I say to them "Good day, sir!" as an epic tongue-lashing. - notovny

Lyra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 December 04, 19:03:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a makeup you'd have to be blind to put on a Sim.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/sims2/themes/christmas/411760/

And 1762 people love bad textures.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/sims2/themes/christmas/408337/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: