More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 02:29:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  More Awful Than You! December: 'tis the season!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More Awful Than You! December: 'tis the season!  (Read 115550 times)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
More Awful Than You! December: 'tis the season!
« on: 2007 December 01, 09:51:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want useless, ugly, borked and weird holiday themed items!  Any holiday will do, no matter how obscure, and not limited to the wintery ones.  Any class of items, buy mode, build mode, bodyshop or hacks; bring it on!
It's extra fun if you can spot items obviously made by people who have no experience with the holiday in question, like Europeans making Thanksgiving decorations, or Americans trying to honour some obscure Japanese festival, and getting it completely wrong.  Related anecdotes are encouraged.

Rules:
1. It must be a real item. Item must not be made by you or anyone on your site. No, you may not create an awful entry just for this purpose.
2. Item must be have been created BEFORE this contest! No creating an awful item just to win!
3. It must be from a real site. Somebody's Angelfryer or Geoshitties page is not a real site. Bonus points if it's a paysite!
4. It must be awful. The most awful winning entry will be chosen by a panel of selected judges and the winner will be awarded a free month's subscription.
5. Items must be submitted by the deadline, the end of the month, Server Time.
6. Submissions must be posted here, with pictures. Show off the awfulness! Bonus points if the screenshots were from the site of the item itself, meaning it looks bad even in the propaganda photos!
7. Carla Niven is disqualified. We already know he'd win. Besides, Freewebs is not a real site.

Judges will be shanghaied along the way, rules might change as we see fit.
And just because an item is technically disqualified doesn't mean you can't post a picture for us to point and laugh at, this goes double for this month, since people are just getting into the festive spirit.

Judges: Liveangel, MsMaria
« Last Edit: 2007 December 26, 04:47:16 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
Re: More Awful Than You! December: 'tis the season!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 01, 09:59:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the best that I could find at the moment, who would want to be caught in that?
http://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/images11/MTS2_406894_mistress_moo_front.jpg

Oh and do we have edible St Nicks or is it confused with hollow chocolate bunnies
http://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/images4/MTS2_156936_Lethe_s_sinterklaas.jpg

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 01, 10:28:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, to judge or not to judge....that be the question... Cheesy

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Hejira
Asinine Airhead

Unable to breed three generations for some reason.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 01, 12:11:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having trouble making the distinction between general Christmas gaudiness and utter crap.

This is a good start, though:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/sims2/objects/furnishing/decorative/163655/
It's a Buntah mesh, but someone else recoloured it. I honestly couldn't tell.

ETA: Oh god.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/sims2/objects/furnishing/beds/236574/
Because who doesn't want to sleep in a bed with tissue paper sheets and a poor print design? The pillow looks like something that something else chewed and spat back out.
« Last Edit: 2007 December 01, 13:03:01 by Hejira » Logged
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 December 01, 12:25:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh and do we have edible St Nicks or is it confused with hollow chocolate bunnies
http://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/images4/MTS2_156936_Lethe_s_sinterklaas.jpg

To be fair, Sinterklaas candy really often does look badly textured

although Lethe_S does take it to a new level.

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 December 01, 12:34:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eleonora! Cheesy  Say, Jak, got pics?

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 December 01, 18:17:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From the folks at TSR

Here's one:

I'm sorry, but this is just...., well, it's plain ugly. Poor cat. For those who like to look where the cat came from:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/sims2/search_christmas%20cat/page4in2019items/

Here's a very strange one:

I truly don't know what to say about that one. Here's the linky for those who would like to torture their pixel people:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/sims2/search_christmas/page16in2019items/

start picking nit/Oh, by the way. We Europeans do have Thanksgiving. It's celebrated differently, and on different days, but we do have it. Including decorations./end picking nit.

That's not meant to be critical, by the way. We don't do Political Correctness. Just sort of FYI, more or less.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 December 01, 21:05:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the record: I'm European too.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 December 01, 22:30:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finally, an excuse to use my natural "BAH!  HUMBUG!" to make fun of people, and posting means I won't have to judge.  Tongue

TSR:

"A tasty kitty.  Put under your tree and watch it grow."    Yanno, in my house, cats are not food... nor are they spray painted.  They're mobile space heaters.

"Candy Cane ~ the christmas clown to help your sims celebrate the winter festivities"  ... I don't think so.  I can do JUST fine cursing winter without the help of ugly-ass clowns.

"Recolor of Dgandy's "Lovers Suite" in a peppermint stripe just in time for Christmas."   Uh, yeah, because I always repaper/recarpet the room and change out the furniture for blocky weirdness for one damn month out of the year.  Right.

The obligatory Buntah entry.  Poor textures, improbable pieces, visible asscrack, and yeah, that looks REAL warm.  This is a woman who obviously does not know what 'winter' means.  (Or 'good taste,' for that matter.)

"Here's a fun candy cane lipstick for the holidays. Available in all ages and both sexes."  Because, yeah, like that's really going to stay, like we're really going to take the half-hour it takes to get it to look like that (for the ten seconds before it goes all mushy). and like a GUY is going to take all that time unless his three-year-old daughter is sloppily painting it on him.

Uh-huh... because candy really *does* float and hover...

Better yet--cubist candy, in all shades of WTF?

Oh, I've *always* wanted to sleep in a bowl of freakishly-large candy corn... not.

"The voices are talking to me again..."
"You're in class, stupid."

Yes, you're in my noun, verbing my noun.  Now, go away, and let me be!
Jadis
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 December 01, 23:52:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay. Who wants a neighbourhood shaped like a Christmas tree?:

By fairywitch at MTS2. Link:http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=211666

Probably the same people who will want this holiday dress for their toddler girls:

(The color is garish, and wtf is up with the back there? It almost looks like the girl's got a christmas tattoo)
It's by earth faerie at MTS2.

Link:http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=210412

Who wants their christmas tree in completely unnatural colors?

By Lezibeth at MTS2. Link:http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=101695

Who wants a house shaped like a Christmas tree?

By skooter, MTS2. Link:http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=31426

And finally (I'm sensing a sort of theme here), a lake shaped like a Christmas tree, also from MTS2:

By Dewbyz. Link:http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=107824

Edited to rehost pictures.

« Last Edit: 2007 December 02, 23:27:23 by Jadis » Logged

Tests say I'm INFP. I feel that ISFP describes what I act like more accurately than INFP, though. But both descriptions are pretty covering, so take your pick, or combine them.
Jadis
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 December 02, 00:30:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to figure out how to get images from TSR to show up, because there are some Christmas lipsticks there I'd like to share. I don't know if this'll work, though:

Yay! I can see it myself, at least. Hopefully (?) you can, too.
Creator: thenoble 1.

Link:http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/sims2/themes/christmas/longlist/page6in505items/

ETA: On the blue lipstick: a snowflake. On one of the green ones: a santa hat. Other green one: a star. One of the red ones: also a star. Other red one: "a cute little teddy bear." The last one on red lips isn't listed separately, but I believe it's supposed to be a golden Christmas tree decoration (no idea what they're called in English, but those globe-like things that hang from the branches).
« Last Edit: 2007 December 02, 00:44:53 by Jadis » Logged

Tests say I'm INFP. I feel that ISFP describes what I act like more accurately than INFP, though. But both descriptions are pretty covering, so take your pick, or combine them.
MadameUgly
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 December 02, 02:07:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great Ebenezer's ghosts. . .that "naughty santa" skank-derwear with the MAN SHOES is a real piece of work.

I was going to say it would be hard to beat but then the Buntah card was played.  Candy can ass crack?  Really?  Santa Baby. . .slip a candy cane into my cleft. . .anal cleft that is.

Want decent sim stories?  Go forth and read: http://madame-ugly.livejournal.com/
dvn
Asinine Airhead

Meow!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 December 02, 02:18:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Happy holidays.  I think...

Stink: FeeEssen and her lovely Christmas lamp?

Yeah, it looks like it's melting a bit.

Stank: FeeEssen graces us again with very funny Halloween decor.

Looks like someone chopped his head and hung it up.  More of the horrors here: http://www.modthesims2.com/member/showthread.php?t=253185.

Stunk: TSR solfal and the Irish bar for St. Patty's Day

Apparently the barrels act as toasting glasses.  I wonder how well that animation works.

Anyways, have a very metal Christmas Smiley

I haz a kitteh!
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 December 02, 03:39:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Super job guys! I had NO IDEA there were such hideous items out there! That lady with the candy cane stuck in her butt? Gross.  Lips sealed

I think this might turn out to be one of our better contests.  Cheesy

Solestri
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 December 02, 05:38:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Screw gifts and big dinners and family. My favorite part of the holiday season is the Christmas chamber pot.

Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 December 02, 10:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, when a todd's gotta go...I'd be afraid they might think it is a cup of some sort. Bleh. Lips sealed

Jadis
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 December 02, 13:11:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

start picking nit/Oh, by the way. We Europeans do have Thanksgiving. It's celebrated differently, and on different days, but we do have it. Including decorations./end picking nit.

That's not meant to be critical, by the way. We don't do Political Correctness. Just sort of FYI, more or less.

We do? Maybe some countries, but I don't think us Norwegians have anything like Thanksgiving. We have something that's kind of like Halloween, though, insofar as it involves kids in costumes going from door to door and asking for candy. Usually they'll also make an effort to sing a carol first. However, they are usually quite young and often go with their parents, and the costumes are usually cute, and not meant to be scary. No egging or anything, and it's for the days between Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. It's why some people here are annoyed at Halloween, because they either see it as a threat to this tradition (and an americanization), or as just another excuse for the kids to beg for candy, like one wasn't enough.

RaeKira
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 December 02, 16:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A lovely mesh (I can't tell which) by Hopebayler. I don't know what's up with that couch on the left.

Christmas ribbons by evi. The spotted one looks like someone took a green, corn-filled dump on the kid's hair. The texture of the hair is gross too.

Hell yeah.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 December 02, 20:52:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh the wonder that is Spiffy Sims...

Christmas wrap for your sims!

This grandma would get run'dover by a reindeer fer shur

...I'm going to be very busy in this thread...there is soooo much crapola out there for holidays.  I feel sorry for the judges...

I almost think FeeEssen should be grounds for automatic disqualification... Cheesy
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 December 02, 21:39:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm mesmerised by the trousers in that last outfit... green and red make for a horrific combination especially where tartan patterns are involved. Why oh why do creators seem to abandon all attempts at realistic shading/colours when using patterned cloth? It's not hard to burn in a shadow texture and tone down the saturation level.

Jadis
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 December 02, 22:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like mom has been raiding the Christmas tree to make her own ear-rings:

From Parsimonious. By Katie. Link:http://www.parsimonious.org/fashion2/accessories/3.shtml (There are 6 more on that page, all very Christmas-y. I just think these are the ones that scream WTF the loudest). I hope you can all see the pictures.

Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 December 02, 22:57:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry to nitpick, but some of you (I'm looking at you snowbawl) have neglected to rehost images from MTS2. MTS2 is a great free site and by direct linking the images you are using their bandwidth and costing them money, which is a VBT. These contests are a LOT of fun and it's great to make fun of the shit stuff, but we all know that there is good stuff on MTS2 as well. Doing this shit is part of what makes MTS2 run so freaking slowly. Please save the images into your photobucket or image hosting website of your choice and fix the links in your posts.

Of course, we should always direct link from paysites because obviously paysites must be destroyed.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 December 02, 23:48:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who wants Santa Claus in Kuribo's Shoe? Apparently nine people (click the image):

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2007 December 03, 00:14:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FeeEssen is too easy a win, should be disqualified on the same grounds as Carla Niven.

On the upside, if FeeEssen is disqualified, then the grey cubes of muck floating in a bland bowl of nothing should be an easy win.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 December 03, 03:24:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like mom has been raiding the Christmas tree to make her own ear-rings:

From Parsimonious. By Katie. Link:http://www.parsimonious.org/fashion2/accessories/3.shtml (There are 6 more on that page, all very Christmas-y. I just think these are the ones that scream WTF the loudest). I hope you can all see the pictures.

Those aren't WTF at all. Women wear earrings like that at Christmas all the time. They're supposed to be silly and tacky, that's the whole point. Frankly, the one problem I can see with those earrings is that they are not nearly cheesy enough.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: