More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 14:16:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Teen Prom -- what hacks can make this happen?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Teen Prom -- what hacks can make this happen?  (Read 13540 times)
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
Teen Prom -- what hacks can make this happen?
« on: 2007 November 30, 17:25:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a neighborhood of about 13 houses that I play in rotation. I've long wanted the ability to take one of my teens to a community lot on Sat night and have a prom.

What hacks could make the following happen?

1) call all teens (playable and townie/npc) to lot (without calling them one by one)
2) allow ONLY teens on lot
3) force change to formal
4) keep needs above 25% (or whatever percent would cause them to go home before I was ready)

Oh, and other than fixes, I'm not really very familiar with some of these behavior hacks, so some instructions (if necessary) on how I'd need to work the hacks to get it to happen would be great .

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Teen Prom -- what hacks can make this happen?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 30, 17:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For 2) and 3) use Two Jeffs Visitor controller.

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 November 30, 17:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TJ used to have a statue that kept needs at a certain level. I'm not sure that it will work still, though. It's been a while. The InSim also has an object (I use the OBJ InSim) that lets you put the mood of all people on the lot to either 25 %, 50 % or 100 %. I use that on community lots too. You can change the model and chose between several, which is a fine feature.

There are also the flamingos. Not Dizzy's, but flamingos that were made by a now defunct site. I still have them, I use the one that counteracts the friendship decay. There are several that influence mood, and although I don't use them, I do have them. PM me if you want to try, and I dig them out. They are now residing on back-ups until I get my computer and can play again.

For # 1 I can't recall anything that would make that happen. The teleporters (Inge's, or the InSim object would be the safest bet) are the only thing that come to mind.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 November 30, 17:50:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For 2) and 3) use Two Jeffs Visitor controller.

...but if you have BV make sure you use the latest updated version, or when your prom queen decides to take off with some lucky fella to a secluded hotel, they could get stuck there forever (cue ominous music) in a PROM NIGHT FROM HELL.

* jolrei laughs maniacally *

Anyway, older versions of the Visitor controller have been the reported cause of BV lost sims incidents.

Tribulatio proxima est
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 November 30, 17:52:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, is it still Beta? I thought he'd released it.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 November 30, 17:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't checked in a while (should do so I guess, even though I'm not using this right at the moment) - there was a beta version that was working well though, if memory serves.  Pre-BV versions caused problems with BV.  Some people seemed to have an aversion to beta stuff, and ran with the old Seasons version.  As you can imagine, hilarity ensued.

Tribulatio proxima est
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 November 30, 18:01:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* veilchen imagines hilarity ensuing

TJ does have the BV compatible one out. I don't know whether it's still named beta, but it works like a charm in my game. Or rather it did, and will again shortly.

~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 November 30, 18:07:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine works fine too. It is dated.....*looks in folder*.....13/09/2007. I hope it is the latest one, I think I might go check Cheesy

[edit] Mine wasn't the latest version (doh!) and the VC is still Beta Tongue

Lana B
Dimwitted Dunce

This post not officially sanctioned

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 November 30, 18:28:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there not a motivedecay cheat that could help with 4?

"Curse that alpha turkey, rohina! She will get her comeuppance next Grammar Day-- I will make sure of it!"
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 November 30, 19:02:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but Gethane would have to use the cheat window for that. Unless I'm not understanding you right. The flamingos, InSim object, or TJ's statue can be placed into the lot and you don't have to activate the cheat window - ever. Although, as for the statue, see above.

Lyra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 November 30, 22:05:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always had issues with the motivedecay cheat. Every time I turned motive decay off, my sims stood there and did nothing, with the odd exception of cleaning windows.

At first I thought it was Seasons glitching up, but then I eventually realized that it was only happening with a lack of motive decay.

So don't use that unless you want a very boring prom Smiley
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 November 30, 22:39:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can always decorate the lot with snapdragons. =p

I was just thinking that the game needed something like this. Although I was thinking more of it being like sneaking out. Only the parents do wave and kiss and all that. Then there could be chance cards for the event. Like being picked prom queen depending on charisma skills or getting punch dumped on you for being a serious nerd. =p

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 November 30, 22:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or a bucket of pig's blood he he.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 November 30, 23:03:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, yes, that was another thought. *evil giggle*

gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 November 30, 23:13:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would really like a lot more things like that in the game. I would love to have dinner parties, where the guests ACT like dinner party guests and are dressed formally, not just some random loser who walks in your house, raids your fridge, goes to your pool and hot tub, even though everyone else is eating. Swim parties where the guests stay outside swimming rather than hanging out at your piano, etc.

Gethane Sims
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 November 30, 23:16:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, on those things, you can lock the doors.

I always thought it was stupid to have teenagers have formal outfits since they don't have a prom. Who invites teens to a wedding anyways?

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 December 01, 01:07:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd just like to be able to throw formal parties and swim parties at home, and have all the guests show up dressed appropriately.   Cry

As for the prom:

1) In your userStartup.cheat file, set intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims to the number of teens in your 'hood
2) use the VC to disallow all non-teens
3) use the VC to force sims to arrive in formal
4) create the lot with everything needed to keep motives up -- coffeepots (serve coffee at the start of the event) or coffee bars, full bathrooms with BUY, a buffet table (Can those be placed in community lots?  If not, use an owned community lot), etc.  I find that more entertaining than static motives, as sims do more when they have needs to fulfill.
« Last Edit: 2007 December 01, 01:15:03 by BastDawn » Logged

illusionofjoy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 December 01, 01:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Surely there is a way to hack out formal and swim parties? When one throws a wedding party, the guests show up in formal wear, so would it really be a stretch to hack the pie menu to throw a party which will make them show up in swimwear (or even their underwear - a sexy party)? The problem though, would still be with making the little pixels behave appropriately. The locked doors from OFB were great, as I could make the kitchen off-limits from the thieving, fridge-raiding little bastards. I, for one, have never been to a party where it was deemed appropriate to go into the host's kitchen and help myself to the contents of his or her refridgerator.  Still, unplayable Sims on free will act like...well, unfocused imbeciles.  Roll Eyes
Liveangel
Querulous Quidnunc

Meh.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2007 December 01, 05:25:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

3) I use the Wardrobe Adjustor that came with InSimenator when I want to have a party with everyone in formal.
4) Cheats. If you have Nightlife, use motiveDecay off.

"Jesus is not Santa Claus for adults! Jesus is for everyone!"Edward Current
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 December 01, 05:54:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks everyone, you've given me some good things to try. Now I'm stuck on building the venue. Knowing me, I might be stuck several weeks.  Tongue

Gethane Sims
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 December 01, 15:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let us know how it turns out, Gethane. That's an interesting idea you had. There is so little that can be done with teens, and even less with the kids. A shame, really.

And like I said, if you want the flamingos, just let me know. I'll go find them.

Marquis
mistymage
Lipless Loser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2007 December 01, 17:10:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let us know how it turns out, Gethane. That's an interesting idea you had. There is so little that can be done with teens, and even less with the kids. A shame, really.

And like I said, if you want the flamingos, just let me know. I'll go find them.

I bet you are talking about Gnohmon's Flamingos.. am I right?  I've only ever cared for the max motives one.. it just bugs me to see everyones motives set at a low bar even if they'll never plummet into failure range.  On home lots it's quicker to place a flamingo than to pull up the cheat window and type in MaxMotives.. but if I actually remember to to run "cheats enabled true" it's really much quicker to just drag the bars to where I want them.

For community lots I prefer Carrigan's Golden Spider to set motives/relationships.  Couple that with Merola's Mirror for control of visitors.  I think the mirror is community placeable.

~misty

Gnohmon's sims 1 objects
"It's like that hobbit/dragon thing. You cut off one head and.. it's an exercise in futility." -Andy, Dawn of the dead remake, 2004 = trolls on MATY
pixiejuice
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2007 December 01, 22:03:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been doing proms for a while.  I have a public high school community lot with a decorated gym.  I usually get my teens together with their friends at about 5 or 6pm, while it's still light outside and take pictures in the yard.  Ah, fun! Smiley

#1 - I use Monique's computer, the option for the email invitation card.  You can invite, all at once, anyone your sim has ever met and they will show up regardless of the relationship.
#2 - Visitor Controller
#3 - I use the formal pigalle doors by Inge, I think?  They change as soon as they walk through them.  I haven't tried the force formal option on the VC though yet.  That might work better.
#4 - hmmm, don't know about that one.

You also need to worry about curfew if you don't have the VC.  Before I got that, I had to keep resetting the hour to 7pm, because I wanted it to be dark, but only had two hours before they would leave at 9pm.  They stay later with the VC. 

yet another sims 2 blog: http://lakesideheights.blogspot.com/
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2007 December 02, 05:30:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

4.  Inge's Please Yourself Plant at Simlogical should take care of the motive thing, no?

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 December 02, 15:34:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're probably right, Misty. There are several of them, but I only consistently use the "slow decay" one to stop the relationships from dropping to rapidly. There are several that take care of motives and others that take care of aspirations. I remember using the "every half hour a need that's only one quarter full, will become half full" flamingo on a new business lot that I was experimenting with.

I found it easiest, because you just place it, and forget about it. It will do the job without the need to do anything else. The "slow decay" one gets stuck under the foundation, and I never worry about it again. It adds a STR point for every two lost, so the decay slows down considerably. I always found it stupid that sim-friendships deteriorate so quickly.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: