More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 17:29:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  They broke the bed!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: They broke the bed!  (Read 5570 times)
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
They broke the bed!
« on: 2007 November 08, 16:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two of my Sims woohoo'd on this bed and as you can see from the screenie, the mattress and pillows are offset from the bed.  The only solution I've been able to come up with so far is to sell the bed and get a new one, but sooner or later the new bed breaks too.

I don't know what's causing it but I'm pretty sure it hasn't happened on any of my other lots, so I'll guess that a broken lot is to blame.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: They broke the bed!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 08, 16:31:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow.....are you using any bed-related hacks?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 November 08, 16:47:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno how you get that in the GAME, but I get that a lot in real life.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 November 08, 16:51:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought you didn't sleep Pescado, the 'King of the Caffienators'-why would you need a bed? Tongue

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 November 08, 17:14:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought you didn't sleep Pescado, the 'King of the Caffienators'-why would you need a bed? Tongue
Not for sleep, obviously.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 November 08, 17:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not for sleep, obviously.

Ah! I know-you use it as a trampoline. Wink

* Emma giggles

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 November 08, 18:21:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He jumps on the bed when is fun bar is too low and he doesn't want to do his homework. Wink

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 November 08, 18:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not seen that exact problem, but during testing of some other stuff, I've seen the normal Maxis bed get pretty weird just from those other items being in Downloads.

Specifically, Toddler beds made by Rebecah at MTS2, and badly made recolors of bedding by some others have caused strange bed graphics. (I don't know how you can make a texture so bad that it causes these problems, but I have seen it).

This is NOT to say anything adverse about Rebecah. She corrects most problems that are pointed out to her. But I know for a fact that at least 2 of her toddler beds affect the graphics for ALL the Maxis beds. While her toddler beds work fine, I choose not to use them because of this. I would never be able to say in the future. "I'm using a Maxis bed." when trying to rule out problems.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 November 08, 23:13:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Based on what magicmoon and others have said, I'd suggest removing all bed-related hacks, all custom beds and beddings from your game, and then returning to this lot to see whether the problem still exists.  (By not entering other lots, you should, I think, not affect the CC on them at this time, as long as you don't actually save your game before exiting.)  If everything is fine, then put things back in a few at a time until you isolate the problem, which you should either update if possible or remove from your game.  After that, play the lot once more, just to check, and then try another lot, and hopefully it should now be working fine and your CC unaffected unless the permanently removed object was originally on the lot.

Zephyr Zodiac
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 November 13, 12:10:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like this was a problem with the lot.  I suspect it's because the lot wasn't opened and saved before moving the family in.  I've had no recurrence of this problem since moving the old family out, opening and saving the lot, and moving a new family in.

Add it to the list of weird stuff that can happen if you don't freshen lots before moving in Wink

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 November 13, 18:55:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beds do that sometimes on my old Greek lots. Of course, on a Greek lot it's no problem replacing whatever breaks. I always have way more money than I'll ever need.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 November 13, 19:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got bored with playing sims in my custom greek house (one of the Brixham), so before the last playable moved back to the hood, I had him invite a dormie member to move in. So he's now a placeholder, and if I get any students with the want to join the greek house, they only have to make friends with him to do so.

But yea, if I ever have a student move into that greek house in the future, there's a ton of simoleans waiting for him/her. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 November 16, 07:40:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not if you have a fortune sim or two living there, they'll want to spend it as fast as they get it!  Even the largest greek house doesn't really need 200 expensive counters........

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: