More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 18:00:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Seasons installation problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Seasons installation problem  (Read 3558 times)
mourning.glory
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Seasons installation problem
« on: 2007 November 08, 05:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My seasons cd1 will just not install completely and I know which files are the problem. Nothing will fix the cd completely, it's as good as it's going to get. I am going to try and install it off the hardrive, but I need to know if someone can send me a copy of voice1 and voice3 (eagames/the sims 2 seasons/tsdata/res/sound) or offer an alternative. I'm so sick of this that I will try anything. Thanks in advance.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
Re: Seasons installation problem
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 08, 06:57:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Usually when this happens, it's because you haven't disabled your spyware, antivirus, etc. As per the instructions in the booklet that comes with the game, there should be no background tasks running during install. Personally, I even go so far as disconnecting from the web and disabling my firewall.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
mourning.glory
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 November 08, 15:03:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trust me, it's the disk.

The computer that I have the game on doesn't have the internet or even a lot of software on it. Other than task manager and explorer, I only had 3 background tasks anyway and no programs running. I closed them just in case and it didn't make a difference.

Also, I am doing a complete reinstall and every other game installed without a problem. Plus it always gets stuck on the same file, which was one of the two that wouldn't copy over to the hard drive.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 November 08, 23:05:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you already install Seasons successfully before you decided to uninstall/reinstall?  If not, and that is why you are doing a complete reinstall now, I'd suggest that the disc you bought is faulty and should therefore be covered by consumer legislation and the store you bought it from required to refund you money or replace it.  (I am assuming you bought the disc from a reputable retail outlet, and not on E-Bay.....)

Zephyr Zodiac
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 November 08, 23:37:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll get the files for you shortly, mourning.glory. I'd still say you should do what ZephyrZodiac suggests and get a replacement disc if you can, though.

ETA: Here is Voice1.
ETA2: And here is Voice3.
« Last Edit: 2007 November 09, 00:35:13 by Denimjo » Logged

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 November 16, 07:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And you won't, I'm sure, mourning glory, be a lone voice crying in the wilderness!  You probably got a Monday morning or Friday afternoon copy!

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 November 16, 09:02:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just did an install off the HD for a stuff pack I bought on e-bay.  (disk was scratched & seller re-funded my money).  The error meant you couldn't even copy a few files inside compressed.zip.  But the errors were in the foreign language folders, and the UK English bits were fine.  I just left those files out of the compressed zip on the HD and it installed fine without them.  Worth knowing that the install doesn't need actually use everything that is on the CD.  Still took hours!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: