More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:20:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Teen Style Stuff and SecuROM
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Teen Style Stuff and SecuROM  (Read 11106 times)
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Teen Style Stuff and SecuROM
« on: 2007 November 07, 16:11:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So... what's the verdict?

Anyone know if it comes packed with SecuROM?

For convenience, can you point me to a source without it? (I would be ever so grateful Grin)

Do we know if it contains the BV patch?

Ste

ETA: Hrm... apparently Skadi already posted a link here.  I'll have to try it when I get home.

Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Teen Style Stuff and SecuROM
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 07, 16:46:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to Amazon, yes. It comes up under "Products Tagged with Securom."

I sing along with elevator music.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 November 07, 19:03:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, we have securom!

(I tried to do the install and didn't have yasu up, that's how I'm sure!)

cocomo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 November 08, 14:05:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't contain the BV patch.  After installing it, it checked for updates and then said my game was already up to date.  Thing is, I never installed the BV patch. Roll Eyes
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 November 08, 15:52:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The updater always says that the game is up to date.  It's full of crap.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 November 08, 19:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It patches Seasons for some odd, odd reason. I had left my no-cd crack in my seasons folder and forgot about it when i moved onto BV. TSS tried to patch Seasons and threw a hissy.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 November 08, 23:42:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It patches Seasons for some odd, odd reason. I had left my no-cd crack in my seasons folder and forgot about it when i moved onto BV. TSS tried to patch Seasons and threw a hissy.
This probably means that the Stuff Packs are now running on the Seasons engine instead of the OFB engine. I think the others would try and patch OFB if you had it installed.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
diamonde
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 November 09, 02:59:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had to reinstall everything (twice) and the only thing the updater wanted to patch was Pets.  That was kind of annoying, since I was going to install Seasons anyway.  I'm glad it doesn't really work, though, if it had tried to patch every bloody EP I would have gone mad.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 November 09, 06:08:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got Teen Style Stuff and installed it no problemo. It seems to be working with running the latest BV no-CD exe.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 November 09, 12:07:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had to reinstall everything (twice) and the only thing the updater wanted to patch was Pets.  That was kind of annoying, since I was going to install Seasons anyway.

Installing Seasons does not patch pets.  You should install each patch between each EP you install.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 November 09, 16:39:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please clarify:

This pack WILL install even though Securom is not on my PC (that shit is gone, it's staying gone.) If I stick the nocd.exe in before I start the game Securom will stay gone? Or does it install Securom and I must clean the shit off again?

I'm assuming there is a nocd.exe at say gameburnworld.....?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 November 09, 17:42:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please clarify:

This pack WILL install even though Securom is not on my PC (that shit is gone, it's staying gone.) If I stick the nocd.exe in before I start the game Securom will stay gone? Or does it install Securom and I must clean the shit off again?

I'm assuming there is a nocd.exe at say gameburnworld.....?

Install under your admin account. If you install under an account without admin privileges Securom installs some files on install of the game in order to give SecuRom admin privileges on an account that doesn't have them. Install on an admin account and it doesn't install any files until you run from it's exe. This is a mini-pack, they don't play from their own exe, they play from your expansions exe, that's why this Securom issue didn't spring up after H&M, it only showed up once an expansion with securom came out, you play from the expansion EXE every time.
Do you have Seasons or BV? I'm playing with TSS with BV, I've already removed securom, I'm using a no-cd crack to play. I'm running from the BV no-cd not from one made for TSS. I'm assuming that if you only had seasons you would run from that exe for this minipack and it won't matter about securom anyway because the seasons exe doesn't contain it.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 November 09, 21:50:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, morriganrant.

Yes, I play with the BV nocd.exe. I also, just because my bout with Securom was so bad, if I do put TSS on my PC, I will need a TSS nocd.exe! Otherwise I'll sit and worry about it! Took me several months to be able to play while connected to the internet nocd.exe in. Smiley So, silly and unneccessary tho it may be, overkill is better. No TSS nocd.exe? No TSS for me. lol.....
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 November 09, 22:22:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think one exists. Anyway, thats just silly. Teen doesn't run from it's exe. It runs from BV or Seasons. If you have all expansions through to BV you do not need a no-cd for NL or Seasons or any other. You run from BV, you need one for BV. You still have all the options and items that each pack adds but you are running from BV exe. Thats how the mini pack works as well. It doesn't run from it's exe, it is treated as if it is a past expansion and just sits in your core files for the game to read.
Just don't install on an account without admin privileges and you are fine. It's the exe running that runs Securom 7 (or the one that installs without admin privileges) Thats why a no-cd is safe, it's not running from the exe that contains securom7. H&M didn't trow up the securom issue because it didn't run from it's exe it ran from seasons, just like what this one will do if you don't have BV.

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 November 09, 22:37:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, morriganrant.

Yes, I play with the BV nocd.exe. I also, just because my bout with Securom was so bad, if I do put TSS on my PC, I will need a TSS nocd.exe! Otherwise I'll sit and worry about it! Took me several months to be able to play while connected to the internet nocd.exe in. Smiley So, silly and unneccessary tho it may be, overkill is better. No TSS nocd.exe? No TSS for me. lol.....
TSS NoCD DOES exist. (Reloaded release) You can get it from GameCopyWorld.
Of course, if you have any EP newer than Pets, you won't need TSS NoCD, as morriganrant already explained.

femputer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 February 17, 15:06:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, morriganrant.

TSS NoCD DOES exist. (Reloaded release) You can get it from GameCopyWorld.
Of course, if you have any EP newer than Pets, you won't need TSS NoCD, as morriganrant already explained.

What if I have all EPs up to Seasons, but no BV? Should I get a Seasons No CD crack?
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2008 February 17, 19:38:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

up to you.  Securom isn't on Seasons, so you don't need it for that reason.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
femputer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 February 26, 21:13:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but isn't it on Teen Style Stuff? Don't I have to run the game from whichever CD was installed most recently? I.E., TSS if I install it after Seasons?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 February 26, 21:15:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but isn't it on Teen Style Stuff? Don't I have to run the game from whichever CD was installed most recently? I.E., TSS if I install it after Seasons?

No, you'd only run from the stuff pack if your last ep was pretty old, you should run from seasons.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 February 26, 21:20:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It will let you know if you run it off the wrong exe, if the Seasons.exe won't work with TSS installed, it'll just give you an error message then you can track down a crack for TSS.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
femputer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 February 27, 00:43:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see. Thank you.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: