More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:57:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Do player vampires autonomously bite and turn other player sims?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Do player vampires autonomously bite and turn other player sims?  (Read 4586 times)
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
Do player vampires autonomously bite and turn other player sims?
« on: 2007 November 04, 15:17:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only have 1 vamp so I'm not very experienced at this vamp thing. I went into her house last night and while I was getting everyone else assigned a task, she autonomously went and bit her brother. Later that day when her sister in law brought a friend home from work, she bit the friend too, then turned around and bit her SIL.

Is this normal Maxis vamp behavior? Or did I get a hold of a hack that has this unintentional effect?

Thanks!

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
Re: Do player vampires autonomously bite and turn other player sims?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 04, 15:25:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my experience, yes, that's normal behaviour. I'd keep a supply of vamprocillin on hand. If the vamp is a family sim it's likely they'll roll a want to cure the sim they've just turned.  Roll Eyes

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 November 04, 15:58:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make sure you have JMP's 'vampwerefixes' in your game, so your vampires don't autonomously bit someone who shouldn't be bitten (like Mrs. Crumplebottom).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 November 04, 15:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

STANDARD player vampires do not autonomously bite anyone. Ever. wfsanity eliminates the "I bit you and made you a vampire, now I want you not to be one" nonsense, as a vampire will never desire others to not be a vampire unless he is first cured of it. However, adopted Grand Vampires, like other adopted NPCs, retain their obnoxious NPC behaviorisms, and continue to bite other sims: Worse, because grand vampire signature behaviors push at user priority, present systems will assume you ordered the biting and not intervene to stop it. It is not recommended that you adopt NPCs, as they will be auto-replaced.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 November 04, 17:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, my one and only experience of a playable vampire was with a married in Grand Vamp so that explains the excessive biting. It was in my 'pre-MATY' days so now I know better and might brave having a pet bloodsucker again.

Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 November 04, 17:52:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kind of wish they did, I only have one Grand Vamp and he's a little obsessed with one of my boys.
It would be a little more interesting if his Vamp Spawn would occasionally act on their desire to spread the love, I'm sick of influencing and trying to pretend they chose to do it on their own.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 November 04, 17:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, well it seems I have a hack or something to find then. Though it hasn't happened since. It was the first time I'd gone into the house since BV, so they were all reset, and she spent 24 hours vamping people, now she's not vamping anyone.

I have not adopted, married, or moved in a Grand Vamp.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 November 04, 18:06:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have let a Grand Vampyre marry one of my playables, simply because they seemed to want to. I usually let them choose. I didn't know then that they would bite any- and everything is sight. I thought it went on a relationship basis, and they would have to be at least friends.

Thank goodness for TJ's college adjuster. Instant cure. Although being knowledge sims, they usually resent being cured. Hell, they resent anyone being cured.

Stupid sims.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 November 07, 01:26:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a married-in Grand Vampire. I've never seen him autobite anyone, although he did auto-Bleh!! one of my Sims once and still does the "stalking" walk.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 November 08, 01:13:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I turn off free will on my vamps, or have them constantly working or skillinating, just in case.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: