More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 06:25:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Portal problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Portal problem  (Read 4849 times)
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
Portal problem
« on: 2007 November 06, 22:19:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my sims will likely have to move to a new lot due to a portal issue (I think).  The issue is that the lot lags excessively- and by that I mean that the game will play for a couple of seconds, then pause for a couple seconds- sort of like the lag you get when adopting a pet for the first time in a new 'hood when it has to spawn the adoptable pets.  It is just that one lot.  After I figured that out, I checked with boolprop and saw that the game thought a neighbor sim was on the lot, even though the only visible sim was the single playable that lived there.  I don't know if the visiting sim was trying to arrive or leave, but they are stuck.

At any rate, the only thing I can think of to do is to move the sim to a new lot.  Unfortunately I'm in the middle of making a story/movie about the sim and I need the new lot to be the same as the old one, but I don't have another copy in the lot bin.  So my question is, if I package the lot to a file and use Clean Installer to get rid of the trash, will I be able to move the sim into the copied lot without any portal problems?  Or will the copied lot still have issues?  I don't know if the portals are generated by the game when the lot is placed or if packaged lots include portals already.

All of that is assuming this is a portal problem.  If someone else thinks it sounds like another problem, please don't hesitate to say so.  Or if anyone can think of an easier/faster fix, I'm open to suggestions.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Portal problem
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 06, 22:23:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try Pescado's Lot Debugger. RTFM before using.

[edit] See how I good I am to you?

Here is the thread. This is the bit that will interest you and possibly fix your lot

VIII. CLEAR OFFWORLD LOITERERS
     Indiscriminately removes all sims loitering invisibly off-lot. May cause
     undesired side effects if used at the wrong time.

Just make sure you don't use it when walkbys/npc's are scheduled to enter the lot. Wink

SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 November 06, 22:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, I will try that.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 November 06, 22:37:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No problem, just thought though, don't use it while any kids are at school or sims are at work either. Make sure all your sims/pets are on the lot.

SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 November 06, 23:47:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The lot debugger does not give me the option to Clear Offworld Loiterers.  However, after letting the game run for about ten minutes, the stuck sim is still "on" the lot, even though she has not actually shown up.  I checked her lot and she seems fine otherwise.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 November 07, 03:13:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A sim doesn't have to be visible to be physically present. In the case of a faded out sim still on the lot, they may wander and even socialize invisibly, though you cannot select them. As far as I know, the only fix for that may be to use a deleter (like the Deleter section of Insim or the Delete function on my teleport shrub hack).

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 November 07, 08:02:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to know if a portal is missing, get Crammyboy's portal detector off MTS2.  If it's gone you need Erzengel's tutorial for getting them back.  The things that cause the portal bugs we know about have been fixed by eaxis, so unless you are running base game only or uni/NL unpatched, you don't need any of the fixes for the problems.  Here are the links out of my handy notepad file - they were still valid last time I looked - post back if they've changed please

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=83684  ..prevention and detection by Crammyboy
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=79045  .. fixing missing portals by Erzengel

Of course blocked portals are also a problem and this won't ID them for you.  You can find them with Inge's portal revealer
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=251392

I haven't found the off world loiterers option on recent debugeers.  Is it still there? I use Inge's teleporter shrub to get rid of non-residents.  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,2757.0.html

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 November 07, 09:07:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it a 'shift and click' in debug option? I can't remember.

SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 November 07, 15:34:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: cwykes
If you want to know if a portal is missing, get Crammyboy's portal detector off MTS2.  If it's gone you need Erzengel's tutorial for getting them back.  The things that cause the portal bugs we know about have been fixed by eaxis, so unless you are running base game only or uni/NL unpatched, you don't need any of the fixes for the problems.
Thank you for the helpful links.  I do not have access to my game atm, but I shall try those things out when I do.

I haven't found the off world loiterers option on recent debugeers.  Is it still there?
Quote from: Emma
Is it a 'shift and click' in debug option?
I did check the shift+click options, and it wasn't there.  Perhaps it is one of those options that is only available under certain circumstances?

Quote from: dizzy
A sim doesn't have to be visible to be physically present. In the case of a faded out sim still on the lot, they may wander and even socialize invisibly, though you cannot select them. As far as I know, the only fix for that may be to use a deleter (like the Deleter section of Insim or the Delete function on my teleport shrub hack).
This is entirely possible, esp if it is the case that the lot debugger only shows the option to Clear Offworld Loiterers when ther are offworld loiterers.  I'd rather not download the Insim zeppelin, but I have been meaning to try out your teleport shrub thing anyway.  Thank you for suggesting it.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 November 07, 15:40:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only other thing I would suggest is, turn off debugging, and force errors on inworld and offworld on the Lot Debugger. Save first though, just in case. As before make sure sims are idle and all at home, and no-one is scheduled to arrive on-lot.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: