More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:26:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Buy jewelry/clothes wants not fulfilled by purchasing from OFB business
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Buy jewelry/clothes wants not fulfilled by purchasing from OFB business  (Read 3573 times)
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Buy jewelry/clothes wants not fulfilled by purchasing from OFB business
« on: 2007 November 02, 19:14:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Upon arriving at the community lot equipped with jewelry/clothes rack, Sims always roll Buy Jewelry/Clothes wants. But these wants are never fulfilled when they make a purchase from neighbor's OFB business. Is it normal EAxian behavior? This is stupid, if it's impossible to satisfy those wants from OFB business, they should not roll in the first place. Huh Can it be fixed?

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Buy jewelry/clothes wants not fulfilled by purchasing from OFB business
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 03, 06:43:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are these your controllable sims that you have made to go shopping or sims that are visiting your controllable sim's owned business? I never send my sims to an owned business to buy stuff-I always use the downtown shops.

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 November 03, 08:17:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are these your controllable sims that you have made to go shopping or sims that are visiting your controllable sim's owned business?
I meant the former. Sometimes I send my playables to another Sim's owned business to pick up some cooked meals. (Well... I know I can cook it myself at home much quicker than that, but then I HATE cooking in RL. I wish I could buy home-cooked meals from shops as in SimWorld.) I put a clothing rack, a jewelry rack and a grocery fridge in every owned business lot so that visiting playables can do one-stop shopping.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 November 03, 08:26:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really don't know why it doesn't get counted. I planned on getting all my fortune sims to buy their crap at owned businesses as it is killing 2 birds with 1 stone, but it doesn't get fulfilled. Of course, you can always ctrl>click in debug mode on the want, to fulfill it if you don't mind a little bit of cheaty stuff. It isn't cheating really as your sim has bought the stuff.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 November 04, 10:30:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could have sworn this was reported as a problem back when OfB first came out which would make this is an extension of the same problem.  I can't see anything about either a problem or a fix now, so maybe it's all in my overactive imagination and failing memory  Cry

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 November 04, 12:53:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it has to do with the purchasing pipeline. When purchasing from a non-ownable business, you are forced to purchase objects one at a time, and therefore, it can satisfy the want immediately. When purchasing using the ownable purchasing pipeline, you can purchase things and bail out of the purchasing pipeline by leaving, or purchase other things to add to the pile, so the normal want satisfaction tree never is resolved.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 November 04, 14:18:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims never get the 'Buy Jewelry' wants fulfilled no matter where they buy it. It has been this way since BV first came out.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 November 05, 10:00:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine do if they buy it from the vacation 'hood community lots.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 November 05, 14:32:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had them get the want fulfilled buying jewelry at a regular comm lot, too. Which is good, because I put the jewelry things in pretty much every comm store that had an empty counter, except for pure food stores. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: