More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 01:45:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Custom-created dormies/Uni NPCs with the teleporter shrub
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Custom-created dormies/Uni NPCs with the teleporter shrub  (Read 14237 times)
momoryde
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Custom-created dormies/Uni NPCs with the teleporter shrub
« on: 2007 November 01, 04:46:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I've been working on making sets of default Townies/Downtownies/Vacationers/Locals/NPCs (ala Madame Mim's medieval set), for use with blank templates or custom neighborhoods. So far, I've been making them in CAS and turning them into Townies/Downtownies/etc with the shrub. What I'm unclear on is what I should do with dormies. Does anyone know whether making them in Uni CAS to make them Young Adults, then setting them as Townies, will make the game pull them as Dormies when assigning rooms in a new dorm, or is there some other procedure I'll have to use?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Custom-created dormies/Uni NPCs with the teleporter shrub
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 01, 05:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never actually tried that, but you could simply create them as YAs and move them into the townie household in SimPE since dormies, townies and ss members are all in the same household.

Zephyr Zodiac
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 November 01, 05:29:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe you have to put them on a Rental Lot (vs dorm) and use the shrub if you want them to be Dormies, but it's been a while...
try one or two...

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 November 01, 06:46:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can put them on a dorm lot - just don't have them chose a room. Make them townies, boot them off the lot and next time you enter that lot they'll start to come along and claim rooms.

Of course I don't know what effect this will have on using them as part of a default template (I keep threatening to do so, but get the collywobbles at the thought of all that deleting to clean an add-on Neighbourhood up). I've only made them 'to order' as it would be.
« Last Edit: 2007 November 01, 06:52:05 by Madame Mim » Logged

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 November 01, 12:01:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you use a cleaned up template for your college, (I'm sure there's one around) then create your college which should then have no dormies, create as many dormies as you think you want and then go into SimPe you can mess around a bit with their personalities if you want, and then move the whole lot into your townie family there and then, so if you have twenty you can do it all in one fell swoop, and next time you open your game they should all be there, and they will have the customized personalities instead of the limited CAS ones, which can make it a little more interesting to play them.

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 November 01, 12:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did it with most of the Maxis pre-made students that came with the University hoods -- just plop a teleporter shrub on the lot (doesn't matter if it's a dorm or rental house), adjust their personalities (I have the testing cheats on all the time), and then just turn them into a townie.  They've been haunting my dorms (in some cases, literally Smiley ) ever since.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 November 01, 15:03:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do this all the time.  In UNI-CAS, I use the household name "dormie" (anything works really, since they are not going to stay playable), and then create a batch of 8-10 dormies with their own first  and last names (as per usual).  It's better to make a mixed gender group, since dormies seem to enter dorms in the order they were created (see note below).

I usually create a "bus stop" residential lot for making dormies - move the group of new dormies into the lot (it doesn't have to have anything on it except your teleporter) and then make townies or make dormies (I usually use the Insim "family tree"), whichever command is available.  When all are dormie/towniefied and off the lot, you can save and exit.  Next time you move a playable into a dorm, the dormies should start showing up to fill empty rooms.  (I think the reason you can't really use a dorm that well is that your group of new dormies may be too many for the number of dorm rooms available.)

Note: Because of the order of creation issue, if you make a group of 8 girls and then a group of 8 guys, the 8 girls will show up first to fill the dorm.  In my current uni, my first playable moved in and the girl dormies started showing up to claim the other rooms.  I realized in time that  it was going to be all girls if I didn't do something.  Using "moveobjects on" I trapped any new girl sim that showed up in the guys bathroom (they can't go through the door) until a guy dormie showed up and claimed the last room.  Then I released the girls (moved them manually out of the guys bathroom into the common area) who just left the dorm.

Tribulatio proxima est
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 November 01, 15:18:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Note: Because of the order of creation issue, if you make a group of 8 girls and then a group of 8 guys, the 8 girls will show up first to fill the dorm.  In my current uni, my first playable moved in and the girl dormies started showing up to claim the other rooms. 

You need TwoJeffs' Dormie Gender Controller (or Ste's version here that includes JMP's noundeaddormies functionality).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 November 01, 15:29:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Note: Because of the order of creation issue, if you make a group of 8 girls and then a group of 8 guys, the 8 girls will show up first to fill the dorm.  In my current uni, my first playable moved in and the girl dormies started showing up to claim the other rooms. 

You need TwoJeffs' Dormie Gender Controller (or Ste's version here that includes JMP's noundeaddormies functionality).

Cool.  On the other hand, having a bunch of confused female dormies all wondering what they were doing in the guys bathroom was kinda funny.  After a while (this took a few sim hours to finish after all) one or two of them sat down and did their assignments.  Lots of socializing going on, but no ACR action - too bad.  Outside the dorm, my playable student had just moved in and within 4 sim hours was ACR woohooing one of the female dormies (I think he had met her as a walk-by when he was a teen in the main hood - so there was some STR/LTR in existence already).

Tribulatio proxima est
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 November 01, 15:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The dormie controller lets you pick the gender (or just let it pick), so you could still have that. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 November 01, 18:34:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Outside the dorm, my playable student had just moved in and within 4 sim hours was ACR woohooing one of the female dormies (I think he had met her as a walk-by when he was a teen in the main hood - so there was some STR/LTR in existence already).

Normally dormies don't do walkbys in the main hood - maybe he met her Downtown on a comm lot or in a Simternet chatroom?

Zephyr Zodiac
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 November 01, 19:39:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Normally dormies don't do walkbys in the main hood - maybe he met her Downtown on a comm lot or in a Simternet chatroom?

This is extremely true.  However, I think that with BV out, I need to develop a new definition of "normally".  Smiley

It may be that she was on a comm lot (she's a non-playable dormie, so not someone that I personally sent anywhere), and I know they met at the sim's house when he was a teen.  Possibly an acquaintance of his father who was invited to a party? (There have been a few birthday parties at the hut.)  That would bring her to the residential lot.  I recall having him macro-socialize-friendly with her after transitioning to teen.  In any case, there must have been some existing relationship, or I can't see them going from 0-woohoo in such a short period of time (especially since there was a shower and lunch involved there as well).

Tribulatio proxima est
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 November 01, 20:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they have 3 LBs, and are the right aspirations plus outgoing personalities, they'll woohoo on a five-sim-minute acquaintance - but try any of the romantic interractions out of the love tub, and it's egg-on-the-face time!

Zephyr Zodiac
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 November 01, 20:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they have 3 LBs, and are the right aspirations, they'll woohoo on a five-sim-minute acquaintance - but try any of the romantic interractions out of the love tub, and it's pie-in-the-face time!

Cheesy LOL
I recall, before I understood the nuances of the LB system, that I tried to get one sim to "leap into arms" of another sim.  He fell on his ass, with the other sim waving their arms and doing the "what the fuck are you thinking, you moron!" action.  That had me in stitches.  I found out later that she wasn't even interested in male sims when I loaded ACR and caught her heading to the hot tub with another female sim.

Tribulatio proxima est
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 November 01, 20:44:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ACR certainly spices up the game! Grin

I think the EAxian programmers have some kind of personality problem, though, that they seem to think having a "quick one" normally happens on five minutes acquaintance!  And I hate the way siblings, parents etc. are only too quick to try it on with their son/daughter/sibling's fiance(e) and often the only way to stop them, even after the sim gets married, is to go and check their family boxes in SimPE, as the game only seems to do it automatically for Family sims.

And have you noticed how visiting adults in Uni go completely sex-mad?

Zephyr Zodiac
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 November 01, 20:55:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not really done that much with visiting adult sims in Uni - I'll try that.  Generally, if one of my playables invites so much as a professor over to boost grades a bit, the professor slaps the sim around a bit when he accepts a flirt from one of the dormies who happen to be about.  Consequently, my sims never seem to get romantic with professors - furious yes, but not romantic (interesting - no "make up" woohoo).

Now that ACR is configured, I'll try inviting a couple of adults over to see what happens.

I had the odd situation of my Uni sim's mum (romancemod installed) snogging with a neighbour during a party - i.e. accepting a flirt and a kiss with her husband in the house, during a birthday party.  She's popularity, not romance, and had no particular wants.  I thought the romancemod would prevent extra-curricular flirting for married sims, but perhaps she's too outgoing (the whole family tends to wander around naked - in fact she walked to the wedding arch naked before changing into her formalwear just before the actual marriage interaction).  I refuse to edit that sort of thing out in SimPE, so they'll all just have to live with the consequences.  The only thing I've done is to prohibit "ACR-try for baby" for her token.

Considering how woohoo-mad everyone seems to be in my 'hood so far, I think it's not that surprising that I haven't noticed "odd" behaviour of adults in the Uni.  Grin

Tribulatio proxima est
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 November 01, 21:43:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found mostly that all aspirations apart from married/joined Romance sims and married/joined Family sims are totally promiscuous unless you change their autonomy to Spouse Only.  Unmarried Family sims, even when engaged, are trollops (or the male equivalent).

Generally, my Romance sims are (a) jealous (even though according to ACR they aren't) and (b) not given to tomcatting around at home, or anywhere else if the spouse is there.  Nearly all my break-ups, or near break-ups, have been caused by unattached Family sims on the prowl!  Even before ACR, it was Cassandra in at least three versions of the game, started flirting/kissing either with someone she'd brought home from work, or when going home from work with a colleague.  In one game she was married to Beau (I'd played the Brokes a lot before I bothered with the Goths) and brought Daniel home from work, and immediately gave him a romantic kiss, even though Beau was outside clipping hedges!  I never saw Beau move so fast as when he ran across and slapped her face, pummelled her and generally went totally bananas!  I dread to think what had been going on in the changing rooms that day.......

Zephyr Zodiac
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 November 01, 21:53:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you've got BV the cat is recommended rather than the shrub.  The shrub is so... yesterday!

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 November 01, 22:20:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unlike the mortgage shrubs which are so tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomo...................................................................................... Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 November 01, 22:21:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a cat?  What cat?  Where?
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 November 02, 00:38:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a cat?  What cat?  Where?
Your cat waiting for you here:
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Teleporters.htm
 Smiley
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 November 02, 14:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found mostly that all aspirations apart from married/joined Romance sims and married/joined Family sims are totally promiscuous unless you change their autonomy to Spouse Only.  Unmarried Family sims, even when engaged, are trollops (or the male equivalent).

That's what I found strange.  Maurey jolrei (self-sim's wife) is a married family sim.  I thought combination of ACR and romancemod would deal with the whole extramarital thing.  Apparently not.  She's got outgoing=8 or something, so perhaps that takes care of it.  At least they didn't woohoo or Bexley's birthday might have been his parents' divorce day as well (and they have 2LB for each other so it's not a bad match).

Tribulatio proxima est
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 November 02, 15:51:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Problem is, the ACR only actually affects ACR initiated actions, not Maxis ones, so even if you have autonomy set to 0, a visitor can initiate an action and Family sims seem unable to say no!  I think one reason why I have less problems with Romance sims is I tend to give them more assertive personalities, and rarely make them very nice - niceness seems to be one of the factors with some of the Family sims - like "Well, I know I'm married and shouldn't have affairs, but I don't want to hurt your feelings......."

Zephyr Zodiac
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 November 03, 08:12:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Problem is, the ACR only actually affects ACR initiated actions, not Maxis ones, so even if you have autonomy set to 0, a visitor can initiate an action and Family sims seem unable to say no! 

Sounds like you need Pescado's romancemod, which quashes that behavior... most of the time.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 November 03, 08:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Problem is, the ACR only actually affects ACR initiated actions, not Maxis ones, so even if you have autonomy set to 0, a visitor can initiate an action and Family sims seem unable to say no!  I think one reason why I have less problems with Romance sims is I tend to give them more assertive personalities, and rarely make them very nice - niceness seems to be one of the factors with some of the Family sims - like "Well, I know I'm married and shouldn't have affairs, but I don't want to hurt your feelings......."
Niceness has no effect. Non-Special Sims, however, do not autonomously flirt with others as long as they have either A: No gender preference, or B: An existing romantic interest. As by default, sims basically never refuse flirts, there is no defense against this without installing the Romance Mod.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: