More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:56:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bigfoot memento seems borked
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bigfoot memento seems borked  (Read 12844 times)
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Bigfoot memento seems borked
« on: 2007 October 31, 18:20:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Bigfoot memento thing seems somewhat borked. According to Prima Guide, Sims don't have to ask Bigfoot to move in to get memento. They only have to achieve STR 55 and LTR 5 with him. If more than two Sims go to bigfoot lot together, only one of them can get Bigfoot memento by befriending him. The problem is, other Sims who didn't befriended but acquainted Bigfoot in their first vacation cannot fulfill memento in their second vacation just by befriending him. They have to ask Bigfoot to move in to get memento.

After I asked the first Bigfoot to move in and had a new one spawned, I take care to send only one Sim to Hidden Burrow at one time, so that other Sims don't accidentally make acquaintance of Bigfoot.

Anyone else noticed this problem?

FlyOnTheWall
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Bigfoot memento seems borked
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 31, 19:01:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sent a couple to the Hidden Burrow and they both made friends with Bigfoot. Only the first Sim got the memento. And I'm not moving him in so I guess she will never get the memento. I'll definitely send them one at a time from now on.
Bugger
Lipless Loser

off on another strange Bugger tangent...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 31, 21:02:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I figured it was on the jacked up side of things.  I have been disgruntled with everything about BigFoot and his burrow.  Is it really so much to ask that a game function as is intended?  WTF.  Freakin Eaxis is killin me here.   Angry
« Last Edit: 2008 September 12, 06:25:40 by SimBliss » Logged

<Dark_Trepie> Booty's go OHHH!. Pirate Booty's go ARRR!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 31, 23:04:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they could get the memento by befriending a different Bigfoot?

Zephyr Zodiac
mommytotwo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 November 01, 00:25:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sent two different sims, in two different hoods to the burrow. They both had a 100/100 relationship with him and didn't get the momento. The first finally got it after he asked bigfoot to move in. Damn that if the game thinks im going to move a bigfoot into every freaking house just to get the momento.  Angry

Edited: Musta been high when I typed that.   Lips sealed
« Last Edit: 2007 November 01, 14:11:59 by mommytotwo » Logged
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 November 01, 00:50:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moving Bigfoot in is AWESOME.  You don't need to keep him in the house.  Move him out of the house as a townie as soon as you get home..  Lots of fun.  Especially when somebody pranks him and he goes bananas.

There is one other bug (or feature, depending on your outlook) associated with Bigfoot.  When he moves in, you get a random gazillion Simoleans, like some 32 bit number wasn't initialized.  I had to use familyfunds to set it back to a reasonable value.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 November 01, 03:38:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That used to happen in OFB!

Zephyr Zodiac
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 November 01, 12:56:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have moved a few bigfoots in to various families so far, unfortunately without faulty funds added (according to the popup message, it's supposed to be $1). Because I use the lot debugger they cannot reproduce, and all seem to be popularity or knowledge, their LTWs are mostly career-related which makes it very easy to get them to permaplat.

My plan now is to move them all into the same house and let them get on with it. Also, one of the bigfoots owns a mountain-themed gym and extreme sports venue.

More F than you
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 November 01, 14:39:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My 'proper' sims live in downtown and my bigfoots live in the regular hood. I play them until they become permaplat then move them into a bigfoot commune. I use them as staff for my businesses as they are good at everything.
I only ever get §1 when they move in.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 November 01, 15:40:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My bigfoot is a ninja. He walks around in his ninja garb, but somehow magically goes hairless in the hot tub, which is quite shocking for the tourists. He lives in the woods by the small mountain range in Queen's Cove. No house, just a copse of redwoods.

I only had one sim visit him the first time...the 'hood founder. She got to best friends after two visits on the same vacation. No memory of befriending. Then I had her go back on her ill-fated late honeymoon and gained it upon moving him in. Only gained $1 to family funds.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 November 01, 18:50:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moving Bigfoot in is AWESOME.  You don't need to keep him in the house.  Move him out of the house as a townie as soon as you get home..  Lots of fun.  Especially when somebody pranks him and he goes bananas.

There is one other bug (or feature, depending on your outlook) associated with Bigfoot.  When he moves in, you get a random gazillion Simoleans, like some 32 bit number wasn't initialized.  I had to use familyfunds to set it back to a reasonable value.

Are you using moveinall?  That was what caused my sims to bring those huge amounts of cash in OFB.

Zephyr Zodiac
doren
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 November 01, 19:30:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Bigfoot memento thing seems somewhat borked. According to Prima Guide, Sims don't have to ask Bigfoot to move in to get memento. They only have to achieve STR 55 and LTR 5 with him. If more than two Sims go to bigfoot lot together, only one of them can get Bigfoot memento by befriending him. The problem is, other Sims who didn't befriended but acquainted Bigfoot in their first vacation cannot fulfill memento in their second vacation just by befriending him. They have to ask Bigfoot to move in to get memento.

Anyone else noticed this problem?

Is it the Prima Guide saying that only one sim can befriend Bigfoot when they go to a lot together, or did you mean that only one of them get the memento even if both of them become friends with him?
However, I just checked and it isn't true in my case. Could it depend on who is having a map?
I had two students, who both got the map as a reward for a successful tour, they went to his lot together and stayed there for a long time (I put their motives up either with the cheat or with Insimenator, but did not cheat to bring up the relationship). Both of them became friends with Bigfoot and both have the memento.

So, no I have not noticed this problem.

Apart from that I believe that Bigfoot belongs into the wilderness. When I read for the first time that you were able to move him in I immediately realised that I would never make use of this feature. He does not even seem such a sociable creature that you get the impression that he is lonely out there. I would like it much better if you could move in the ghost pirate.
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 November 02, 02:13:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using moveinall?  That was what caused my sims to bring those huge amounts of cash in OFB.

Oh, good question.  I have, uh...  "Move In - Normal New.package" dated 10/10/2005.  Either I hacked it or I downloaded it.  It's not a Moveinall type hack, in that you can't invite teens and others to move in.  Its purpose is to allow townies to keep their memories when they move in.

On the subject of townies and their money when they move in...  Is there a way to find out exactly how MUCH money a townie has?  Where is that info kept in the file?  SimPe doesn't show it explicitly.  It would be nice to be able to see that.  Or to be able to edit it so that you can make some townie Sims rich.  Right now, the best you can do is to Ask... How much money do you have? ... which only gives you a graphic balloon with 1,2, or 3 dollar signs.  Not very informative.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 November 02, 02:26:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't have that. However he does apparently steal objects from work every time he comes home.

"Thought family could use dishwasher."

"We already have a dishwasher, and it's a better dishwasher than this craptacular one you brought home."

"Am Bigfoot. Am not used to your civilized ways. See Dishwasher, take diswasher. Was just lying around."

"You work as a damn LAWYER. Please tell me that you didn't get this from an evidence locker."

"Plead Fifth Amendment."

Will have to try pranking him.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 November 02, 03:19:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it the Prima Guide saying that only one sim can befriend Bigfoot when they go to a lot together, or did you mean that only one of them get the memento even if both of them become friends with him?
The part about "only one of them can get memento by befriending him" was not Prima's saying, it was my experience. Sorry for the ambiguous wording.

Could it depend on who is having a map?
That may be the case, as only one member of the family managed to dug up the map in their first vacation. I'm not sure if the Sim who had the map was the same one that befriended Bigfoot and obtained memento though. In any case, the other Sim who didn't get memento went on her second vacation, this time map in her inventory, and she still failed to get memento just by befriending him, even if her STR/LTR was 100/25.

I have, uh...  "Move In - Normal New.package" dated 10/10/2005.  Either I hacked it or I downloaded it.  It's not a Moveinall type hack, in that you can't invite teens and others to move in.  Its purpose is to allow townies to keep their memories when they move in.
syberspunk maintains and updates moveinall hack in here. The fix for calculations of simoleons is included in the hack, alongside the feature that keeps townie memories.
« Last Edit: 2007 November 02, 03:25:39 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 November 02, 04:07:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't have that. However he does apparently steal objects from work every time he comes home.

"Thought family could use dishwasher."

"We already have a dishwasher, and it's a better dishwasher than this craptacular one you brought home."

"Am Bigfoot. Am not used to your civilized ways. See Dishwasher, take diswasher. Was just lying around."

"You work as a damn LAWYER. Please tell me that you didn't get this from an evidence locker."

"Plead Fifth Amendment."

Will have to try pranking him.

That is freakin' hilarious! I can't wait to play BV.  Cheesy

*did I say that outloud?* Tongue

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 November 02, 06:58:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah, I forgot bigfoot brings random junk home! I tend to shove it in his inventory and when he has his own place, have 'yard sales' Wink

Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 November 02, 07:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bigfoots bringing random awful stuff home is as annoying as what goes on at greek houses. You have to keep checking what is piling up on the sidewalk. At least some of it goes straight into his inventory where it belongs.

More F than you
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 November 02, 11:12:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bigfoot hugs are awesome though.  I haven't seen one go bananas yet, must try that.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
claudiasharon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 November 02, 11:53:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to move Bigfoot in and all three of my sims (dad, mom and daughter) got the Bigfoot momento (they all went together to visit him at his burrow). The daughter became friends with him first, then best friends and nothing happened. So I had dad and mom get to being best friends with him too. Still nothing. Once he moved in all three of them finally remembered befriending him.

He hasn't done anything insteresting...but I forget how long I actually played that lot afterwards...I think my laptop was being pissy so I stopped playing it (for some reason it doesn't like me playing the sims for 8 hours straight).

I haven't sent anyone else to meet Bigfoot yet, so I don't know if all my sims will have to move him in. I'd really rather not have to have a neighborhood with Bigfoot running around. Though I do think of him as a pet and I want him to become best friends with the family dog. But he acts too simlike...more like he's just a really hairy looking guy, who slouches, scratches his butt and walks funny. He hasn't even brought me random junk...moved with one simoleon and all those freakin badges and skills filled. Found him to be boring. Maybe if people start making Bigfoot fixes I'll play with that lot again.

"Dr Jackson is going to die when he sees this."
"What, again?"
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2007 November 02, 12:21:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bigfoot has to have a job-he brings home stuff from work Wink

[eta] DJS Sims has a 'fix' for Bigfoot, currently it is the second one down on the page. Looks pretty good, gonna try this one out myself!

Description:
With Bon Voyage, when the Bigfoot NPC is created, he is immediately given 10 skill points in EVERY skill and gold talent badges in EVERY badge category. So, my question is how does Bigfoot, who lives in the middle of the woods, get a gold talent badge in cosmetology, let alone robotics or cash registering? He must run a souvenir shop and sell blurry pictures of himself or something.

So. This new hack will make it so Bigfoot, when created, will ONLY be given full body skill (he does run around in the woods all day) and gold talent badges in fishing and gardening. (How else would he eat?)
« Last Edit: 2007 November 02, 12:26:43 by Emma » Logged

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 November 02, 12:57:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love that fix.  Seriously; Gold badge in Cosmetology?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2007 November 02, 13:01:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love that fix.  Seriously; Gold badge in Cosmetology?

I know, right? How did he get that-giving makeovers to passing tourists? Cheesy

ithinknot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 November 02, 13:08:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to move Bigfoot in and all three of my sims (dad, mom and daughter) got the Bigfoot momento (they all went together to visit him at his burrow). The daughter became friends with him first, then best friends and nothing happened. So I had dad and mom get to being best friends with him too. Still nothing. Once he moved in all three of them finally remembered befriending him.

I am having issues with the big hairy guy too. Aside from gagging a little when I watched him picking his own fleas(?) and eating them, I sent three sims to his lot all at once, all three with maps. Let two of them make friends with him via Macro, Socialize. daily 100s and lifetime at least 15s for each. The other chic just met him and the friendship is low. No memento for any of them. We slap danced and fished and sat around the fire and everything else you can do. Nada. I'm using only the DC awesomeness in hacks/mods now.

Off topic a little, I also just realized that on South End Beach in Twikki Island, there is a urinal in the girl's bathroom but not the guy's. Odd. And my current Charlatan is kind of hot for a sim, and doesn't wear a monacle. Also odd, as I understand it. Anyone know if there would be wonkiness if I hooked him up with my single girl?
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 November 02, 13:28:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A fix to remove some of the skill points and craft badges is a great idea.

Re the charlatan, I think he is one of the characters that should not be moved in or made playable.

More F than you
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: