More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 00:41:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Sinking BV General Store
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sinking BV General Store  (Read 16712 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Sinking BV General Store
« Reply #25 on: 2007 October 31, 23:26:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All you BV players could do with a list of downloaded houses that have been tested and work, or not, and where they work, or not.  Every time one of you finds a house or comm lot that works without any of these problems, you could then just add it to the list!

Zephyr Zodiac
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 November 01, 01:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yosemite Sam  Tongue

Yup Wink

I've got a few downloaded lots that cause sinkholes in the middle of normal, non beach terrain as well. One even makes all the ground around it look like desert, which makes no sense since it's not even a desert lot. It worked fine before BV.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 November 01, 02:04:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My fourth attempt proved fruitless.  Using yet another SC beach terrain, the BV general store sunk, this time changing the landscape to blinding sand (ala Neriana's) and my attempt to bail out without saving, as Jolrei suggested, didn't work.  The community lots seem to stick.

Since I really was looking for a small waterfront community, I tried the Twikkii Village terrain as a subhood.  I like the size and can set between 10 to 15 lots on those empty beachfronts, maybe more.  My fifth attempt was successful with placing the BV general store, so that lot's problems might be related to elevation.  It doesn't seem to like being close to sea level.

None of my own waterfront homes could be placed, with the exception of one home I had built on the lake in Three Lakes.  I was able to place that particular lot on the waterfront in each of the SC terrains, in Bluewater, and now in Heron Bay [ETA: the fifth incarnation of that subhood].  The lakefront geography of Three Lakes must be more friendly.

With all the fussing and moving things around, my landslide in Bluewater disappeared.  Drats.  Had wanted to take a photo.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 November 01, 03:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, by the time you folks get all these glitches sorted out, maybe I'll have got my PC fixed, and maybe then I'll get around to installing BV!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 November 01, 03:39:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a harmless effect produced by the lot having surface features below the waterline. It is not a bug. Place your lot on higher ground, and this will be avoided. On lots with "beach level" terrain, the water level is particularly low, and if you dig a hole in such a lot, it will flood and your lot will render itself in "beach sand" to reflect its adjacency to water.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 November 01, 14:21:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ditto what JM said *laughs*  On my flat beach lot terrains, the ground can't get any lower without being under water.

I have been keeping the low terrain issues in mind when making new terrains lately and I think my newest terrain is my best yet --> http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/index.php?showforum=75

It still has flat beach lots but the upper areas should be ok for lots that have ponds or basements or sunken living rooms and stuff.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 November 01, 14:41:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, hopefully my house will work then, 'cos the main floor is on a foundation - the "sunken" part is just "foundation removed" in the centre of the main room, so the sunken part is actually at real ground level, not below ground level.

Cancelling the "Titanic" band for now.

@ sleepycat - I noted the "higher ground" areas of your latest terrains.  Saving for later.

Tribulatio proxima est
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 November 01, 15:07:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That looks very nice, ZZ.

I tried the Yahoo group thing. I found several that hat every day sims in their name, and I truly don't want to join all of them. One of them was called everydaysims_sims2. That one came closest, but to join you have to write a few words about why you want to join, it needs owner approval, etc. I want to join because I'm looking for a church made by Micksmum? Doesn't sound right, and I don't want to think up things about wanting to join a group I know nothing about.

Rassafrassingconsarnit certainly does sound like something Yosemite Sam might say. I love those old cartoons. Although, sometimes I root for Yosemite, Elmer, and Broom Hilda. Just because.

Thank you Emma. It is indeed the pond. I'll be trying out Jolrei's suggestion and lift the sunken floors. As soon as I can get my computer to stop being an ass and recognize the disc-drive. I hate Vista.

I appreciate the warning about building placement. So I'm guessing that downloading beach-lots is just a waste of time and space. Plus, if you have a hood with beach-lots, don't bother binning the lots for later use on different terrains. Thanks EAxis - a little warning would've been nice.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 November 01, 15:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I appreciate the warning about building placement. So I'm guessing that downloading beach-lots is just a waste of time and space. Plus, if you have a hood with beach-lots, don't bother binning the lots for later use on different terrains. Thanks EAxis - a little warning would've been nice.

Well, yes and no.  Generally speaking, beach lots do not seem to transfer very well.  On the other hand, if you build a beach lot on a completely flat beach terrain and package it, it can be transferred to a new hood with similarly flat beach terrain (one might have to try several placements in the new hood to make sure it works properly).  I created a squalid beach hut that I shared that others have indicated works.  What you can't do, apparently, is share lots that are not completely flat, or put shared lots on beach terrains that are not completely flat.  Consequently, the easiest thing, to remain rassafrassincarnsarnit-free, is to simply build your own beach lots, and try to use flat beach terrains (a la sleepycat).

Tribulatio proxima est
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 November 01, 18:45:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Veilchen, I sent Micksmum a PM to find out where the church is (Everyday Sims does have several Yahoo groups) and maybe if it's FSF, which I think it will be, I can get the church and e-mail it to you.  Funny thing is, I was a member of most of Sandy's groups, and now I'm not, and can only think it's either because I changed ISPs or I'm on a different computer - but I don't mind joining again!

My church is now cleaned up and ready to go.  The total .zip file size is just over 2MB, so it should e-mail I think.  (Or if necessary I can split it into two, one for the Sims2Pack and one for the info. But I'll try uploading it and see what happens.)

Well, I tried, but I couldn't upload the .zip - talktalk Online Backup is useless!  Back to square one.
« Last Edit: 2007 November 01, 21:13:41 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: