More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 11:59:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Question about clothing racks..
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Question about clothing racks..  (Read 14127 times)
Sorina
Asinine Airhead

YOU! Off my planet!

View Profile
Question about clothing racks..
« on: 2007 October 24, 10:48:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't done one single hack in my life, so please don't bite my head off if this is a stupid question.

Could it be possible to modify the Maxis clothing rack in a way that you could sell only one type of clothing? For example, you could buy a clothing rack to you sport store that only sells athleticwear, or you could have a store that only sells formalwear? I know that the rack has the option to suggest a casual or formal outfit to the customer, but anyway, I'm just curious.  Smiley

An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Question about clothing racks..
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 24, 10:58:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a long time since I've used any of the clothing racs of any reason (clothing tool FTW), but I imagine it could simply be done by disabling the other options from the pie menu.
I'm not sure why you would want to though.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 24, 11:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Realism? Wink

Zephyr Zodiac
Sorina
Asinine Airhead

YOU! Off my planet!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 24, 13:38:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, realism.

I don't want female sims to come and buy kinky underwear from the sports store that my sim-guy is running.  Tongue

Good enough reason?

Hopefully someone happily surprises me one day and makes those one-type-clothing-racks.

nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 25, 05:47:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand why you want this, but I don't think it would really make a difference.  When sims buy clothes on their own they don't really buy anything.  They only get a new outfit when you use the "suggest outfit" option.

It's disappointing, I know.  I would love for my sims to randomly buy weird clothes.  It's also not fair, because they spend money and get nothing.  However, I think this is how most players want it.  I think most players would be horrified if their sims bought random clothes.

« Last Edit: 2007 October 25, 05:55:26 by nocomment » Logged
Sorina
Asinine Airhead

YOU! Off my planet!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 25, 10:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, well I'm one of those players who would be horrified about those random clothes.

I'm a a player who wants to create an unique style for every sim.

And you're right - it wouldn't make a big difference, but I was just curious.  Tongue

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 25, 10:56:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that would be horrible. The "random age-up" outfits that accumulate in the wardrobe are bad enough!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 25, 11:04:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to mention the teenage versions of all their parents' various work outfits!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sorina
Asinine Airhead

YOU! Off my planet!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 26, 09:53:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think some of the Maxis meshes are just a waste of space in the gamefiles.

I mean, why do we need wetsuits in the game? I have used them 0 times.

Well, I guess Maxis tries to please as many kind of players as they possibly can.

squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 26, 13:37:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think some of the Maxis meshes are just a waste of space in the gamefiles.

I mean, why do we need wetsuits in the game? I have used them 0 times.

Well, I guess Maxis tries to please as many kind of players as they possibly can.
Who needs a pink gorilla suit? I think the only time I used one of those was when I got OFB and was messing around with giving employees uniforms. I wish as well as "full outfits", "tops" and "pants" there was a "costume" section. (Thank Heavens for clothing hiders).
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 October 26, 16:47:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pity the darned things don't come in a dress-up trunk like they did in Sims1, then you could choose whether or not to have them available on a lot!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sorina
Asinine Airhead

YOU! Off my planet!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 27, 13:23:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who needs a pink gorilla suit? I think the only time I used one of those was when I got OFB and was messing around with giving employees uniforms. I wish as well as "full outfits", "tops" and "pants" there was a "costume" section. (Thank Heavens for clothing hiders).
[/quote]

I just hate those damn costumes!

They are only suitable for toy store employees, I think.

In real life, a toy store employee in a huge gorilla suit would really scare all the little costumers away!  Grin

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 October 27, 19:53:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Customers?

Yes, I agree, the costumes are totally daft, now if they'd made costumes like elves, fairies, Noddy and Big Ears, then of course the little customers would not have been frightened - although they may have laughed a lot! 

You could, of course, use the Santa suit etc. for the toyshops.

I used to like the Sims1 costumes, with the various choices like Historical etc., and always thought it a shame that those were not included in the wardrobe for everyday wear!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sorina
Asinine Airhead

YOU! Off my planet!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 October 28, 12:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, sorry.  Cheesy

I was going to write "customers", but I just had my nails done and they're giving me lots and lots of typos!

Like the idea of elves and fairies etc. - they sound much more funnier than fat gorillas.

Another idiotic costume - the old-fashioned diving suit with that huge headpiece.

Oh dear, the list goes on almost forever..

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 October 28, 15:57:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, there are mods available to hide them, but it doesn't stop them wasting space!  What's needed is a default replacement for them which you might actually use!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sorina
Asinine Airhead

YOU! Off my planet!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 October 28, 16:52:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's right!

Some talented creator should take that to his/her next project. (Like Tiggerypum from MTS2)

Instead, many newbies are making awful recolors of them, and the worst of all things is that their recolors are in all bright shades of rainbow!  Shocked

And preferrably all colours are in the same outfit.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 October 28, 20:41:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The real problem is, different items appeal to different people.  Some 12-year-olds may well still be childish enough to like the gorilla suits, etc., but they, in their turn may not like the vampire stuff, while their 13-year-old sibling, who also plays, likes the opposite.  So for a lot of people a default replacement for one thing could mean another user of the shared PC would not be able to access the original either.

Zephyr Zodiac
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 October 28, 21:20:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So for a lot of people a default replacement for one thing could mean another user of the shared PC would not be able to access the original either.

Shared PCs are evil anyway. Default replacements would be awesome, and with Halloween here, there are lots of interesting costumes that could replace the 12 colors of gorilla suit.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 October 28, 21:33:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'd totally agree with you about shared PCs, but unfortunately that's all a lot of kids have access to - and with the latest anti-stalker advice for parents being not to have computers in kids' rooms as it makes it harder to monitor who they are chatting to, a lot of parents will just have one PC for the whole family in the living room - and anything that replaces a default will replace it for all users.

Default replacements of such things as suits of armour for people running a medieval theme would be great, though, and I'm sure the diving suit could quite "easily" be converted by one of those talented people around here (not me though!).  What would be truly awesome would be a program that anyone could use easily to convert period costumes into defaults, so when you are running a themed Victorian hood, for example, you don't have to scroll through countless mini-skirts to find the one or two EAxis items that you can use!  And wouldn't it cut down loading time!

Zephyr Zodiac
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 October 28, 21:57:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually use a lot of the costumes and weird outfits in my sci-fi themed 'hood (but not the stupid gorilla suits -- I still haven't discovered a use for those). For example, my maids wear the old-fashioned diving suits. I figure they're dealing with harsh chemicals while cleaning, so they need the protection. Cheesy I often dress my aliens in the wetsuits, and my townies in the ninja outfits (without the masks, they look like something from the old Star Wars movies). Eh, to each her own.

I think the single-item clothing racks would be a good idea, for the sake of realism. Then you could have specialty shops, such as a bridal store.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Sorina
Asinine Airhead

YOU! Off my planet!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 October 28, 23:09:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Though I deeply resist those gorilla suits, I agree with ZephyrZodiac.

Of course Maxis had to develope a game that would satisfy both genders and all age groups - including little ones.  Smiley
Still I think it wouldn't be a bad thing at all, if someone talented (not me either) could make alternatives for those who want them.

And I'm sorry about having hard time to understand players who want to include fantasy characters in their game.
Not that it is a crime - I'm just over-realistic.  Cheesy

P.S -> I have thought about the bridal-store-thingy too and I think it would be great idea!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 October 29, 01:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I too use the wetsuite for aliens...makes more sense that they are uniforms for spacemen than wetsuits anyway - wetsuits should be in the swimwear bin!  And if they were, I might use them as they were intended - as wetsuits! 

I did use the gorillas once, in Lilith's toystore - they looked really stupid and if you or I worked in something like that, I think we'd collapse with heat exhaustion and breathing difficulties!  But gorilla suits, trousers with little aprons at the front, and most of the rest of the OFB wardrobe does not belong in everyday wear!  One shudders to think what EAxis programmers consider suitable wear for the office!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 October 29, 02:44:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The gorilla suits are useful, though. Just look at how it works out for Stupidlydisguised.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 October 29, 03:10:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny thing is, they all wear the gorilla head, and you or I wouldn't know which was which unless we moused over them but the other sims all seem to know!  (Must be sim-specific BO!)

Zephyr Zodiac
squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2007 October 29, 14:08:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could, of course, use the Santa suit etc. for the toyshops.

Or in some sims cases, use it for weddings  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: