More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:51:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Walls closer to the lot edges...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Walls closer to the lot edges...  (Read 30960 times)
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: Walls closer to the lot edges...
« Reply #25 on: 2007 October 27, 05:07:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can get it here:

http://webpages.charter.net/ronunderwood/1X1furnished-a.Sims2Pack

row house 1x1 sparsely furnished, about $7500, two stories plus basement.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2007 October 27, 13:24:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also of probable interest here is that the currently in development version of Lot Adjuster allows you to have landlocked lots, that are not attached to a road.  I have a lovely little communal rest-gardens with pond at the back of my houses.  I didn't want to spoil it with car parking areas and community phones, so it's a walk-to only Cheesy

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 October 27, 16:05:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's very much of interest. I currently have a few random-sized lots I use for 'hood deco...don't really fit Queen's Cove as they contain all tropical plants & rocks, but they looked great in my desert 'hood. They are tied to road, though. One of my many gripes with the games is that the restrictions on placement for most deco items results in odd little spots in the middle of blocks with absolutely nothing in them.

I've read through the R&D thread. Understand about half of it without having looked at the Lot Expander, but it's an awful lot of information!

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 October 27, 18:53:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also of probable interest here is that the currently in development version of Lot Adjuster allows you to have landlocked lots, that are not attached to a road.
Inge, until we have officially changed the name of the LotExpander to LotAdjuster, I think that it's just confusing to use this new term.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 October 27, 19:44:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With such a small lot size, I think if you just packaged a totally undecorated lot, you might well manage to zip it to something small enough to upload here.  Or as an alternative, you might consider having your own Yahoo group, to which you could upload your lots and then just post the link - I think if you are the owner of the group you can opt to allow all visitors to download, but you'd need to check that one out.

Zephyr Zodiac
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2007 October 27, 19:57:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge, until we have officially changed the name of the LotExpander to LotAdjuster, I think that it's just confusing to use this new term.

Since you're here and MTS2 is down, I will answer a question you asked and tell you yes, setting U10=0 does correct the lot outline.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2007 October 27, 21:51:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been having fun with this all day, building houses for my Old Town/Port, downtown for my medieval village. This is of course far from finished yet, its still located in a test hood and not ready for sims to move in.. I have a lot of work to do before I get that far, the Old Town needs several blocks! But anyway, doesnt it look nice:

There are 13 lots in this pic.
This is so much fun! TY all you clever modders!
(Ooh.. lots outside the road system.. must make those too!)
« Last Edit: 2007 October 27, 21:57:54 by ingeli » Logged
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 October 27, 23:59:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin I know. I now have a base 2x1 townhouse with one space on each side (so I can use windows, plus that kind of matches the houses in my neighborhood). Next I want to do a 2x1.5 or so that can fit front-to-back in those tricky 3 x X blocks. Most of Wren Nest (urban area of Queen's Cove) is like that. Doi. Just realized you can't do halvsies. Only after working on a lot for half an hour!
« Last Edit: 2007 October 28, 01:07:21 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 October 28, 00:45:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ingeli,

this is beautiful. Looks very Scandinavian to me  Smiley

All,

please be aware that resized lots may be glitchy and LE 1.2.7.8 is a TEST version. There is an issue with crashes at 7PM that seem to only occur on shrunken lots. We're currently trying to figure this out, see this post. It would not seem wise to post such lots at this point in time without appropriate warnings.
« Last Edit: 2007 October 28, 04:29:57 by pbox » Logged
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2007 October 28, 10:22:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TY Pbox! Thats the goal, to create an old medieval town with cities as Stockholm or Copenhagen as a model Cheesy
(I myself live in Stockholm, took a walk in Old Town the other day for inspiration and ideas Smiley.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 October 28, 20:34:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok. Got a set of four done. 2x1 townhome (3 bed, 2 1/2 bath) with the right and left edges on the ends of the lot, back side one space from the edge (so I could add windows). 1x1 townhome (2 bed, 1 bath) with right, left, and back sides one space from the edge. Then both with a back yard and bonus room added...a 2x2 and a 1x2. That way you can stagger them to fit in 3xX blocks without having blank sections in the middle. I'll get them up to MTS2 once this supposed 7 pm crash (which I still haven't seen, even after testing my four) is figured out. They come without the fencing and plants/pools and...shockingly...no custom content.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 October 28, 20:54:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They certainly look good, Zazazu, and I for one like sticking my own stuff in rather than having houses already furnished, so personally I prefer them that way.  Once I get my hard drive fixed/replaced, I'd love to give these a try.  I love playing and creating terraced housing, and it's always annoyed me how you couldn't keep the two families apart, if one lot cooked a meal, they'd wander next door to use the microwave, then wander back to serve the meal, and sims from both families would feel hungry and come and eat!  However, to complete the realism (and no doubt asking the impossible) is a through the garden gate/door mod so next-door's kids could pop in and use the swing, or their dog could decide to take a pee in your backyard etc!

Zephyr Zodiac
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 October 28, 22:10:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I know. When I set up the townhomes in Queen's Cove, I added the fences in such a way that it seems like a few of them have connected yards. It's all visual, though. If I can play with the ability to use the Expander to make lots independent of roads, feasibly I can make a community garden to fit in the center section (I have a thing for community gardens  Cool ) but still...everyone would have to walk to it. If they can, I haven't seen anything on the R&D thread to indicate that you can. Not ready to play with that yet.

I don't like putting furniture or landscaping on lots I'm going to repeat, because I always want to change that a bit on each house. I had a townhome (ye olde style, 1x2) in Urban Paradise that I repeated, and I'd change the ivy on the outside, landscaping, and outside wallpaper on each house so they looked individual.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2007 October 28, 22:20:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They certainly look good, Zazazu, and I for one like sticking my own stuff in rather than having houses already furnished, so personally I prefer them that way.  Once I get my hard drive fixed/replaced, I'd love to give these a try.  I love playing and creating terraced housing, and it's always annoyed me how you couldn't keep the two families apart, if one lot cooked a meal, they'd wander next door to use the microwave, then wander back to serve the meal, and sims from both families would feel hungry and come and eat!  However, to complete the realism (and no doubt asking the impossible) is a through the garden gate/door mod so next-door's kids could pop in and use the swing, or their dog could decide to take a pee in your backyard etc!

Inge's 4-key doors, found at simlogical.com, work wonders for apartments/flats on the same lot. You need to have one sim lock the door for her/him only, and then you can assign up to four 'keys' that allow other sims to use that door. I now use the regular doors for dorms instead of the Myne doors, and it makes things so much easier.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 October 29, 01:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried that a while back, but I lost them all when my hard drive got fried, and I couldn't find them again.  Also, I remember Inge saying that they shouldn't be used with OFB (I think it was) as they'd break the default doors in the game.  In fact, I couldn't find any of her apartment stuff again, so maybe she's just not put it back up, or maybe I just missed it!

Zephyr Zodiac
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2007 October 29, 05:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, I have OFB installed, and they work wonderfully, though I think she's updated them since the first time around. Before, they were standalone objects within the Build catalogue, but this time the mod seems to be a global patch that affects all doors used in-game, even custom ones (or maybe that's the broken part). Regardless, I've had no problems with them.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2007 October 29, 10:04:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a lot of confusion here Cheesy

1) I have 4-key lockable doors which are seperate (non global) doors.  You can use them anywhere and with anything.   They don't offer any of the locking options that came with OFB but they continue to work, as what they were designed to be, perfectly well.

2) Seperate from point 1, I created an "apartment" or security system which had room controllers and could be used with any Maxis door, but depended on a global patch to make doors sensitive to the room controllers.   This patch breaks the Maxis locking that came with OFB and therefore should not be used beyond that EP.  However I did get as far as making *one* door that works with the security system without a global patch  Cheesy

3) Seperate from 1 and 2 above, I have more recently made a patch that allows all Maxis doors to have 4-key locking *in addition to* the Maxis locking options.  There is a version for Seasons, and one for Bon Voyage.  The patch does not apply to, nor affect, hotel doors.

The above are three completely seperate downloads, all available from the doors section at Simlogical.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 October 29, 11:14:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1.  I did see those, true.

2. I used to use those, plus all the objects - if I remember rightly, you had a whole section devoted to apartment living.

3. Maybe I'll try the Seasons one.

The main problem, though, is if you have two terraces on the same lot, and you use the 4-key doors, every time you have a visitor for one family in particular, they (a) always choose one front door over the other and (b) cannot enter unless you change the instructions on the door (as applies to the Maxis doors too - if you allow all sims, then the neighbours will use your house as their own, and your visitors may well spend all their time in the neighbour's house.  There's the money thing too, one sim may be hard-working, have a good, well-paid job etc., the neighbour idle, always wanting stuff that they can't afford from their own earnings, but the hard-working sim can afford, so they might as well be living together since one is dependent on the other anyway. 

This way, of course, with separate but joined lots, you do get two separate households, the disadvantage then being that you have to play them as such.  No-win situation, really.....

Zephyr Zodiac
pixiejuice
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2007 October 29, 14:23:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok. Got a set of four done. 2x1 townhome (3 bed, 2 1/2 bath) with the right and left edges on the ends of the lot, back side one space from the edge (so I could add windows). 1x1 townhome (2 bed, 1 bath) with right, left, and back sides one space from the edge. Then both with a back yard and bonus room added...a 2x2 and a 1x2. That way you can stagger them to fit in 3xX blocks without having blank sections in the middle. I'll get them up to MTS2 once this supposed 7 pm crash (which I still haven't seen, even after testing my four) is figured out. They come without the fencing and plants/pools and...shockingly...no custom content.

Zazazu, those look great!  Do they have parking? 

yet another sims 2 blog: http://lakesideheights.blogspot.com/
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2007 October 29, 15:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yes, lockable doors are no substitute for proper apartment coding in the game.  I just wanted to untangle all those things.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 October 29, 15:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I was pretty grateful for your efforts when I used the apartment stuff, mainly for Uni, and I guess students living in separate apartments would be in and out of each others' homes to raid the fridge or play the piano etc. so it wasn't too unrealistic.  I also used them once for an old folks' apartment building, and again, old folks would probably do that too, although human ones would probably ask first......

Zephyr Zodiac
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 October 29, 16:52:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I know. When I set up the townhomes in Queen's Cove, I added the fences in such a way that it seems like a few of them have connected yards. It's all visual, though. If I can play with the ability to use the Expander to make lots independent of roads, feasibly I can make a community garden to fit in the center section (I have a thing for community gardens  Cool ) but still...everyone would have to walk to it. If they can, I haven't seen anything on the R&D thread to indicate that you can. Not ready to play with that yet.

Inge has a set of buyable portals available at modthesims2.  With these, your connected yards can work by adding pedestrian portals near the gates in the fences.

Bon Voyage adds the ability to walk to another lot.  So, a no-road community garden will still be accessible.  If you don't have BV, then you can create a winding dirt "road" and move the car portals to appropriate spots on the lot - your community garden will be accessible by car, but won't look like it is on a main road.

This is all do-able right now.  I am currently adding logic to the LotExpander so that it will delete the roads for you, but the research thread at modthesims2 has a tutorial for adding and removing roads from your lot.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 October 29, 18:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazazu, those look great!  Do they have parking? 
Not as designed. My next set (I need 6 blocks worth, I think, to cover the as-yet-unnamed urban section of Queen's Cove) will be brownstone 3-story 1x1-2's and 2-story 2x1-2's with garages as I can fit them. The current set can be modified to have street parking on the 2x1-2's. I actually used street parking when testing one of them.

I have the 1x1 and 2x1 up if anyone wants to test them, in my 4shared account. I'll submit them to MTS2 tonight, if that's acceptable at this point. With the dire warnings, of course.

Mootilda, that's what I was brainstorming...I have Inge's portal flamingo and buyable portals and was thinking that I could probably put in the pedestrian portals. I'd like to eliminate car use to them altogether, but that's something I don't even wanted to build on my main account in my test 'hood....that goes on my test account from the build stage on! I usually build stuff for sharing or repeat use in my test 'hood so I have my CC available, then package and install on my test account and repackage so that I can eliminate all the recolor redundancy that the game creates. I'm sure there's a better way, but it works so why reinvent the wheel?

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: