More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 04:53:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  is it safe to upload owned community lot businesses?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: is it safe to upload owned community lot businesses?  (Read 2113 times)
Toast
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
is it safe to upload owned community lot businesses?
« on: 2007 October 25, 00:13:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few people have requested I upload my family business to the exchange but it's still owned by my legacy family and I have no desire to sell it and then struggle to get it back up to Level 10 again. Before I upload it I just want to make sure there is no problem with random files and crap tagging along with an owned business, like it does with an occupied residential lot. I don't want to break anyone's neighborhood.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: is it safe to upload owned community lot businesses?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 25, 01:03:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Owned community lot businesses will upload as ordinary community lots, so it should be safe.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Re: is it safe to upload owned community lot businesses?
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 25, 14:12:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been wondering the same thing for a while. "should be safe" isn't 100% convincing - even from Pes...  I'd been thinking that the way to work was to package the lot "as is" to file and look at it with CI.  If you clean it up in CI and then re-install  it into an empty hood (having taken out your hacks and un-needed CC), you should be able to see if it looks like a potential disaster or a normal community lot.  Package/Upload it to the exchange from there and then try it out in game.  The nice thing about the exchange is that you can take things down again! 

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: