More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:24:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Some needed files were corrupted during installation. Please reinstall this app
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Some needed files were corrupted during installation. Please reinstall this app  (Read 9927 times)
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Some needed files were corrupted during installation. Please reinstall this app
« on: 2007 October 22, 18:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just played the game yesterday.  And it was fine, now today I'm getting this error message when I'm trying to load bon Voyage.  I am running the "unholy hybrid"  Do I need to reinstall or is there another fix?   And if I have to reinstall, do I have to reinstall everything or just bon voyage?   I tried restarting my computer.  I tried deleting the accessories.cash and the groups.cash, but I keep getting that same error message.

Any advice?

May all your fears & worries come true.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Some needed files were corrupted during installation. Please reinstall this app
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 22, 18:59:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just played the game yesterday.  And it was fine, now today I'm getting this error message when I'm trying to load bon Voyage.  I am running the "unholy hybrid"  Do I need to reinstall or is there another fix?   And if I have to reinstall, do I have to reinstall everything or just bon voyage?   I tried restarting my computer.  I tried deleting the accessories.cash and the groups.cash, but I keep getting that same error message.

Any advice?

Does it indicate which files are missing/corrupted? (Probably too much to ask.)

You may want to uninstall BV and reinstall without the patch - unholy hybrid may be the problem as your no-cd crack was not made for the patch.

Tribulatio proxima est
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: Some needed files were corrupted during installation. Please reinstall this
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 22, 19:04:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no. It doesn't say which files.

But I'll try that uninstall, reinstall idea.  I see I can just uninstall bon voyage, without uninstalling everything.

So I saved my sims2 file to my desktop, and uninstalled just bon voyage.   It's in the process of reinstalling.  Then I remove securom, and put in the the awesome non spawning hack and the no cd crack and I should be okay?

Edit:
Thanks for the advice.  I had been playing the unholy hybrid since the patch came out, but maybe that's too much for my game.

I see that the patch isn't recommended by this site anyway.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 22, 19:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I'll try that uninstall, reinstall idea.  I see I can just uninstall bon voyage, without uninstalling everything.

So I saved my sims2 file to my desktop, and uninstalled just bon voyage.   It's in the process of reinstalling.  Then I remove securom, and put in the the awesome non spawning hack and the no cd crack and I should be okay?

Theoretically (from my point of view).  Based on no empirical experience (I have never had to uninstall/reinstall yet), I would say that based on other accounts here and the way things are "supposed" to work, you should be fine following your approach.  Awesome hacks, as you mention, are always a good idea for critical issues, and you may want some others (ffslotdebugger is quite useful for clearing out memory garbage and fixing stuck things, for example).

Tribulatio proxima est
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 22, 19:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[ (ffslotdebugger is quite useful for clearing out memory garbage and fixing stuck things, for example).

what is that and what does it do and where do I get it?

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 22, 20:19:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[ (ffslotdebugger is quite useful for clearing out memory garbage and fixing stuck things, for example).

what is that and what does it do and where do I get it?

All hacks for BV available here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/index.php?dir=bv%2F

You can also download the director's cut which contains all Awesome hacks there.  I would refer to the Armory or Firing Range sections for descriptions of hacks to see what you want.  The lotdebugger was just updated.  It's rather complex (does a lot of stuff) - reading the RTFM will be more informative than anything I can write.  Essential gear - don't leave your sims at home without it.

Tribulatio proxima est
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 22, 22:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit:
Thanks for the advice.  I had been playing the unholy hybrid since the patch came out, but maybe that's too much for my game.

I see that the patch isn't recommended by this site anyway.

You might like to check the relevant post in The Podium but it's my understanding that SecuROM is only activated if you click on the EAxis .exe or the shortcut to it.  If you put the cracked .exe in before starting the game, then SecuROM shouldn't get installed.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: