More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 20:29:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Help with wedding glitch?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Help with wedding glitch?  (Read 6295 times)
Pamhamlet
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Help with wedding glitch?
« on: 2007 October 19, 06:42:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Four of my college grads (not CAS) moved back to town into the same house together.  There are two couples.  I got the first couple engaged, then married.  No problem.  The next couple I got them engaged...everything fine.  Then went to propose marriage (guy asking girl) and the girl "jumped back" out of the action altogether.  The guy got the double wedding rings spinning above his head, but she didn't.  Their icons still showed only the "engaged" symbol.  He was still wearing engagement ring; she had no rings on.  Also, he had the "got married" memory, but she didn't.

So I exited game w/o saving, tried again this time alternating who was proposing (girl to guy),  same problem happened.  He gets the rings spinning above his head and the marriage memory.  She didn't.  Exited again, decided to try an actual ceremony with the wedding arch.  The cut scene played fine, but same thing happened.  Only he got the spinning double rings, she didn't.  No last name change.  Their icons still only showed "engaged."  However, both of them are now wearing wedding rings on their fingers.  Again, only he has the "got married" memory.  They still have different last names.  Also, in the relationship panel, it does not show them together as married in the family tree.  They are both shown separately as single.    Grrrrrrrrrrr and grrrrrrrrr!! 

I want them both to register "married" on their icons, not just engaged.  I want them to have the same last name.  Is this fixable in SimPE?  I have that program installed, but have never used it.  I can pull up the neighborhood that shows listing of all names in the neighborhood.  But what do I do from there?  I have no clue.  Can someone please walk me through it step by step?

Hacks installed:  Romance Mod, Norandomflirtwants, and EasyBreak-up.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Help with wedding glitch?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 19, 08:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jump=Error. Turn on debug mode and post the error logs.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Pamhamlet
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 19, 08:58:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do I turn on debug mode?  Please explain.  Is this an in-game process or related to SimPE?Huh  Thanks a bunch....
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 19, 09:00:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 19, 09:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also known as OMNGwoolprop! Or read the fucking sticky.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 19, 19:43:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should be fixable in SimPE, but I think if I were you I'd familiarise myself with the program first (and make sure you have the right version for the Expansions you are playing, if you've had it a long time without using it).

And whatever you do, use the back-up option before you start messing around with stuff.

I'd suggest, though, that if you've never cleaned out your sims' memories, that the female sim just hasn't room for any more memories, and you could start with the lot debugger (in Pescado's hack directory) to get rid of all the gossip and trash.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pamhamlet
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 20, 10:12:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From ZephyrZodiac:  "It should be fixable in SimPE, but I think if I were you I'd familiarise myself with the program first (and make sure you have the right version for the Expansions you are playing, if you've had it a long time without using it)."

I checked, and do have the right version for my Expansions.  I have made a back-up copy of my game.  I have no idea how to use SimPE, there is no guidebook???  I have read in other places here that there is a way to go into SimPE and mark or unmark check boxes:  for example to remove symbols such as "in love with" to change Sim relationships.  Wouldn't I be able to just go into SimPE and check the box for "married" between those two Sims to fix this problem?  If so, what are the exact steps to take to accomplish this?  There must be someone here who works with SimPE all the time and knows how to do this who can walk me through it.  Please help.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 20, 10:41:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about you post the error logs like Gwill suggested before you go mucking around in your data and borking your neighborhood to all hell?

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 20, 12:24:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's really very complicated to just "walk someone through it" with SimPE.  There are tutorials you can use, and I'd suggest you do that, and become thoroughly familiar with the workings of that part of the program before you touch your hood.  When you do, as I said, back it all up first, then you can always go back to the "unimproved" version if things go haywire.

To generate an error log, enter cheat mode, type in boolprop testingcheatsenabled true to enable it, and press enter.  If you do this while in Neighbourhood View, then entering your lot should start the process, and the resulting log of the error will be found in My Documents/EAGames/The Sims 2/ Logs.  Zip up the log file for the error and upload it here using the Additional Options menu.

Zephyr Zodiac
selzi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 20, 16:00:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds like you need Pescado's marriage bug fix:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/nl/test/marriagebugfix.zip
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 October 20, 17:57:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will it work after the first attempt at marriage has gone wrong?

Zephyr Zodiac
Pamhamlet
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 20, 20:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's really very complicated to just "walk someone through it" with SimPE.  There are tutorials you can use, and I'd suggest you do that, and become thoroughly familiar with the workings of that part of the program before you touch your hood.  When you do, as I said, back it all up first, then you can always go back to the "unimproved" version if things go haywire.

To generate an error log, enter cheat mode, type in boolprop testingcheatsenabled true to enable it, and press enter.  If you do this while in Neighbourhood View, then entering your lot should start the process, and the resulting log of the error will be found in My Documents/EAGames/The Sims 2/ Logs.  Zip up the log file for the error and upload it here using the Additional Options menu.

Thank you so much ZephyZodiac for your patience and detailed help.  Some people here think everyone just "knows" how to do everything in the game.  But we have to be taught how.  Everyone had a starting point, remember?  Please be more considerate of this as we love the game too and want to enjoy it to the utmost.  That's what this community is here for:  to support and assist one another.

For some reason, the tutorials are not working in my SimPE.  I get an error page.  But I will definitely do the error log report.  I did not know how to generate this, and you explained it very clearly.  Thanks again.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 October 20, 21:01:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We are helping. We told you to read the FAQ. Everything you need to know is in there.

Pamhamlet
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 October 20, 21:05:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds like you need Pescado's marriage bug fix:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/nl/test/marriagebugfix.zip

Thank you Selzi, I appreciate you providing this.  I have downloaded it so maybe it will prevent this glitch from happening again to my other Sims.  Thanks again.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 October 20, 21:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We are helping. We told you to read the FAQ. Everything you need to know is in there.

There are however ways and ways of giving that advice, and some ways are more helpful than others, sometimes when things go wrong, what the simmer is also after is a little bit of tea and sympathy......And whereas you and I have, I think administered a little of this, some people haven't.

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 October 21, 07:50:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only place for sympathy is between shit and syphillis.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: