More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 09:23:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Help, fight constantly
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Help, fight constantly  (Read 33527 times)
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Help, fight constantly
« Reply #25 on: 2007 October 18, 18:30:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, in that case...does it mean that the odds are calculated on mean points versus body skill, or something like that?  Because it does annoy me when a sim with maxed body skills gets beaten by a novice, just because the novice is madder!

I was under the impression that fight experience was like a hidden skill.  More fight experience, in that case, would play a part in the equation as well.  My mean fighting sims seem to do better in fights against nice sims with less experience, for example.  Might be my imagination.

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 October 18, 18:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I don't have BV installed yet, it's still sitting there waiting.....but I do get that animation whenever a sim is getting ready to attack....and although I do have enemies accumulate, I don't have thefightclub. 
Same here: enemies accumulate, no fightclub. Stella Young (note: 9/10 of my playables have the same last name), a married-in tourist-townie who is now an elder, spends a fourth of her life in that fist-pound animation. A half of it is spent pummeling tourists (usually Rochelle Norris, Enemy #1, who carried on an affair with Stella's hubby for a bit - gotta love ACR). The other fourth is divided between sleeping and walking around with the pregnant-walk animation, because I borked her good trying to clear all her attempts at a third child. I choose to believe it's an injury sustained from all the excessive fighting.

Stella's a Knowledge sim. Somehow, without fight club, she's yet to lose a fight...at approximately thirty fights in her lifetime.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 October 18, 18:37:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, in a recently played lot, Jimmy Lee Tan came home from work with Alan Field's missus.  Both Alan and Jimmy Lee are Romance sims, both have only 3 nice points, and at that point they didn't know each other.  Jimmy Lee came on to Mrs Field, Alan was only to happy to pound his fists together and wade in against Jimmy Lee, even though he only had about 3 body skill points to Jimmy Lee's ten.  Neither had ever been in a fight before, probably because they're also both very outgoing.  I expected Jimmy Lee to win hands down, but obviously Alan had the extra impetus of the avenging husband!

Zephyr Zodiac
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 October 18, 21:40:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a neighborhood packed with very neat, very mean Sims, mostly Scorpios with a Virgo and Taurus or two.  There aren't that many real *fights,*  but they do wander around slamming their fists into their palms.  The YAs especially do it as they stroll off to class, making a grouchy face as they go.  I always thought it was just that they loathe other Sims generally on principle.  I don't have a problem with this. 

I also have a lot of Sims who walk up to complete strangers and Argue, and my simself (three nice points) Pokes a lot of sims for the sheer heck of it. So does her Servo, who has the same nasty personality, and who is loathed throughout the neighborhood. As I said, I have no problem with this.  I think the OP *may* be looking at standard mean sim stuff (which without a mod, also includes completely random furiousness at inanimate objects--"I hate you, easel!")  They're *supposed* to be mean.

The new couple, though. . . that sounds weird.  I don't care how mean and evil a Sim is, most of the time when I create a couple, especially a married couple, in CAS, they kick things off by giving backrubs or making out at the mailbox.  I have a Scorpio Romance/Pisces Pleasure couple with three bolts.  He is always walking up to her and starting an Argue.  I don't even cancel it out of his queue anymore, as their relationship dips, she grabs him and make out with him, and the relationship bounces back to the high nineties. They're just that kind of couple.  Obviously fighting turns him on.

In fact, the whole thing sounds funky, as while some of my Sims develop big hates for townies and dormies, given a choice most of mine would rather be friends.  Sims are very social, even the unsociable ones. That's why Bachelor Challenges work.

PB

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 October 18, 22:01:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, if the new couple consists of one very neat, mean sim, and a sloppy Libra or Sagittarius, and there is no nopuddlerage in the hacks folder, then every time that sloppy sim has a shower, the mean, neat one will fume at all the puddles they leave behind.  In one game where I was playing Don Lothario, his new maid accepted a 100 simoleons tip, swooned over him, then came back in the middle of the night and kicked over his trash can!

If you must have mean sims, better they are Leos and sloppy - they'll still kick over trashcans and steal newspapers, but since they are also outgoing, they have an overriding desire to make friends!  Some of my most popular (among other sims) have been Leos with complete outgoing and playful, which leaves very little points for the other traits!

Zephyr Zodiac
breyerii
Town Crier
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 October 18, 22:24:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, in that case...does it mean that the odds are calculated on mean points versus body skill, or something like that?  Because it does annoy me when a sim with maxed body skills gets beaten by a novice, just because the novice is madder!

From the RTFM:
"Makes fighting a more desirable option in the game, eliminating those bizarre
"phalanx defeats battleship" outcomes by making fight loops keep score and
accumulate advantages instead of simply having their outcomes ignored. Fighting
is now also more skill-based, with Mechanical and Logic skill playing small
roles alongside Body. Combat experience adds a bonus to the fighter's skill.
Grouchy sims will find fighting to be fun! The more grouchy the sim, the more
fun fighting is!

(Pets Only!) Werewolves no longer automatically win every "Savage" attack,
although they do receive a hefty battle bonus for being werewolves. Sims can
now avoid becoming a werewolf if they do not lose any of the combat rounds.
Losing any combat rounds will result in being bitten and becoming a werewolf,
even if they win the battle. (Not relevant without Pets)"
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 October 18, 22:33:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I guess I should have taken the trouble to look....but maybe, just maybe, I'll give it a try....

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 October 18, 23:05:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, this pummeling of fists IS an animation. Cool to know!  Grin

See, all of my sims are given a great number of nice points, because from almost the beginning I decided fighting sucked. Harmony ruled!

I now, however, have changed my stance a bit and look forward to playing the game again in quite a different way. Maybe Pes has finally rubbed off on me (or RL) Tongue, and I actually WANT to see some real fighting. Up to now, my only fight in game was Don Lothario beating up Cassandra Goth at the alter. Cheesy (Which really pissed me off).  Cheesy

Hopefully PF will forgive my initial reticence. Wink

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 October 18, 23:09:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cassandra usually asks for it!  Even Beau, when she was married to him, beat her to a pulp when she kissed Daniel!

Zephyr Zodiac
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 October 18, 23:29:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After I installed BV, I thought it would be easier to install the most recently updated director's cut and delete the hacks I don't use. I removed fightcub, but accidently left enemiesaccumulate in.  Man, I never saw so many fights in a neighborhood.  I would suspect that's what happened to the op.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 October 18, 23:37:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But it has the opposite effect, too, if your sims are best friends, the relationship doesn't decay as fast, so you don't need to spend two sim days on the phone keeping up with all the friends your Popularity sims have!  And while your YAs are at Uni, they rarely dip below 100/100 for the sims back in the neighbourhood - so much so, in fact, that even Romance sims get the urge to talk to a family member!

Zephyr Zodiac
asthehind
Retarded Reprobate

I think, therefore I am overqualified.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 October 18, 23:40:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n286/asthehind/?action=view&current=snapshot_703c5dcf_d1cfda5b.jpg

This picture show the 'fists pounding' animation. Vyn is a sim with no nice points, and she does this constantly. She's managed to pass her mental instability to three of her four kids - one has an ego the size of Saturn, one is a grilled cheese sim with no shame (she seems to relish an audience in the bathroom!) and the third is as mean as her mother and counts arguing with herself in the mirror among her hobbies.

By popular demand, Tongue Deer:
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 October 18, 23:49:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, with a face like that, who wouldn't hate their reflection? Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
asthehind
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 October 19, 00:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Her husband seemed to like it.  Wink Here's their crazy mirror-arguing daughter demonstrating her 'angry face'.
http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n286/asthehind/?action=view&current=snapshot_1084cc98_1160e843.jpg

Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 October 19, 01:17:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There IS a "fist-pounding" animation that seems to come with the basic game, although I don't think it's related to anger/fighting.  Teenage Angela Pleasant and Lilith do it when they are walking from place to place.  When they are walking from spot to spot, they will do a thing where they snap their fingers and slap their hands.  (I swear this -- if you haven't seen it, you just haven't paid attention.).  Sort of a nervous tic, programmed into the game for some reason.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
asthehind
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 October 19, 01:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a result of their personality - other sims tend to tap their foreheads, others (the most outgoing) point their fingers at other sims and the fist-pounding seems to be done by sims with few nice points.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 October 19, 01:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's like the hand-clapping for active sims, but I think Lilith and Angela do the fist-pounding because they're each thinking about attacking the other twin (in other words, it's related to fighting!).  In fact, if you leave them to do their own thing, that's generally what happens!

Zephyr Zodiac
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 October 19, 02:15:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, yes, in the first few days of playing the Pleasant family.  I had them make friends, grow up, move out, marry their respective boyfriends, but they still do the snap-pounding thing when they are pacing idly. 

A good way to see this -- invite them to a house and then don't greet them.  They will pace up and down doing the snap-pound thing until you greet them or they lose patience and leave.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 October 19, 02:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most sims will do that if you don't greet them.  They get low on social and cantankerous - and when you have the welcome wagon, it must be very frustrating to them not to be able to talk to the other visitors until you have your sim greet them.   I use the teleport thingy from Valdea.com now (part of the Workers' set, which you can remove and just leave the teleporter in) and it's default setting is to autogreet (although you can disable that if you want). 

I think it's a nervous fist-pounding action, unrelated to the one where they are planning an attack......

Zephyr Zodiac
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 October 19, 07:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, yes, in the first few days of playing the Pleasant family.  I had them make friends, grow up, move out, marry their respective boyfriends, but they still do the snap-pounding thing when they are pacing idly. 

A good way to see this -- invite them to a house and then don't greet them.  They will pace up and down doing the snap-pound thing until you greet them or they lose patience and leave.

That's an animation active Sims use all the time, it's in no way specific to Lilith and Angela. Mean Sims scowl, outgoing Sims do the finger-pointing thing, shy Sims wring their hands, serious Sims talk to themselves, and super nice Sims do this:

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 October 19, 11:19:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then you SHOULD get The Fight Club. It is a popular misconception that the Fight Club causes sims to want to fight more. This is untrue, the advertisement values are unaltered. What *IS* affected is the desirability of fighting to YOU: When the outcome is something you actually have the ability to influence, rather than a totally off the wall phalanx vs. battleship roll that you can't affect in any way, the option to do battle becomes much more appealing. Without the Fight Club, it is pointless to even bother, because you won't even win.

I was under the impression that fight experience was like a hidden skill.  More fight experience, in that case, would play a part in the equation as well.  My mean fighting sims seem to do better in fights against nice sims with less experience, for example.  Might be my imagination.
If you have the Fight Club, this is true: If you do not, there is absolutely nothing which has any meaningful influence on the outcome: If it is anything other than a 10-0 match, you basically always lose. What you see doesn't even matter, as the action has no correlation to the outcome. The Fight Club changes all this, replacing single-random-roll with a randomwalk tied to the action, so you can actually watch the fight!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 October 19, 15:09:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pes, I do actually have it, just haven't tried it - will pop it in my hacks folder and wait for the next furious sim to start a fight.....

Zephyr Zodiac
perfectlyflirty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 October 19, 17:52:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just want to say thank you for all the feedback...even though some seem to be skeptical...

What I have done to try and rectify the situation is I went through all of my download folder, I have as I said before only the two hacks in the game.  So I figured of course it must be a cc problem.  However, I cannot seem to narrow down the problem to any specific cc file.  My next step I suppose is to go through the long process of the 50-50 elimination.  I dread doing this as I have over 19,000 files in my cc folder ugh. 

On another note...I do appologize that some may think I am merely trying to waste your time...that was not my intention, I really would like to find out what the problem is and how to fix it so that I can actually play my game.  Right now, I cannot play because all of my sims are furious with every other sim and just want to pummel them all, regardless if they have other more important needs to attend to.

Thank you again, any other ideas are greatly appreciated!
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 October 19, 18:16:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of animations, I don't remember seeing the check-my-underarrms one lately.  Did that go away during one of the EPs or do I just not have the right kind of sims?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 October 19, 18:23:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just want to say thank you for all the feedback...even though some seem to be skeptical...

I believe general consensus is that you are legitimately trying to find an answer to something, which many of us had never seen before.  Your name remains untainted.

Quote from: perfectlyflirty
What I have done to try and rectify the situation is I went through all of my download folder, I have as I said before only the two hacks in the game.  So I figured of course it must be a cc problem. 

Two mods is a reasonably sparse downloads folder.  You may want to explore other Awesome hacks that might reduce annoyances in your game.  There are also a number of "critical fixes" which will save you trouble in the longer term as you play.  Browse the hack descriptions available in The Firing Range and The Armory sections (accessible from the main page).  You may find what you are looking for, and a number of other things that would be useful/essential (i.e. antiredundancy.package is critical for BV to stop overspawning of useless NPC characters).

Quote from: perfectlyflirty
I really would like to find out what the problem is and how to fix it so that I can actually play my game.  Right now, I cannot play because all of my sims are furious with every other sim and just want to pummel them all, regardless if they have other more important needs to attend to.

This is where the debate is focused.  It is not clear to me that you have an actual problem.  Some types of sims (Scorpios?) and those with very low niceness, tend to pick fights.  Not quite sure what's happening with your married couple.  I would try running with debug on (boolprop testingcheatsenabled true) and make manual adjustments to the niceness bars and relationship scores (change for both affected sims - just drag them out of the minus levels). 

If you can cancel the fight interactions manually, do so, and try to get your sims to do more positive interactions.  If you can't cancel them, that might indicate a problem.  Try to get them to make friends through chat, play, appreciate type interactions (especially the married ones).  Once they are furious, they will just keep fighting unless you cancel the fights and make them "make nice".

Read the posts above discussing thefightclub.package.  This makes fighting more worthwhile to your sims, but also prevents fast relationship decay.  As you will note from previous posts many of us kinda like some of our sims to fight, for the entertainment value.  New married couples that come out of CAS fighting is odd.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: