More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 13:38:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Help, fight constantly
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Help, fight constantly  (Read 33529 times)
perfectlyflirty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Help, fight constantly
« on: 2007 October 18, 02:45:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could someone please help me out...I have no idea why, but for whatever reason ALL of my sims on every single lot just want to fight.  They dont want to eat they dont want to sleep, they just walk around pounding thier fists into thier hands and waiting for the opportunity to jump on someone.  I even created a new married couple and as soon as I moved them on a lot, the first thing they did was fight.  I have all the Sims2 and expansion packs with stuff packs except for the holiday stuff packs. This is just a recent thing and I dont know what is causing and cannot seem to narrow down the problem.  Has anyone else expirienced this problem and if so could you help me out.

Thank you soooo much! Smiley
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
Re: Help, fight constantly
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 18, 02:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have any hacks, cheats, mods, or other custom content in your downloads folder?  This is not normal Sims behavior, for a newly created sim to wish to pummel unknowns.  More information please.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 18, 02:54:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perfectlyflirty, I know this is probably so dumb as to be nearly offensive for me to ask, but your sims don't happen to have 3 or less nice points do they?

Just to eliminate personality as a cause.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
perfectlyflirty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 18, 03:19:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No most of my sims are very nice and and very outgoing, as far as hacks...the only two i have installed in the game are:

1. buybuild enabler
2. daily gardener

At least that is all the Sims clean installer and delphys download organizer found. I agree it is not normal sim behavior which is why i am so totally blown away by it.

oh as far as custom content...there are over 19,000 files in my download folder of custom content.  Hope this helps.
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 18, 03:47:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When did this start?  Had you downloaded a new batch of custom content right before this happened?  CC can sometimes have odd effects, but I've never seen anything like that before.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 18, 03:51:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feel like I'm pulling teeth here but did you try removing your downloads folder and then playing the game? If not, do so. If all is well, you are then faced with adding a bit of CC at a time back into your game until you find the offending file.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 18, 04:02:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feel like I'm pulling teeth here but did you try removing your downloads folder and then playing the game? If not, do so. If all is well, you are then faced with adding a bit of CC at a time back into your game until you find the offending file.

I agree, it's painstaking and a pain but it's necessary to find out the culprit.  Also, do you go by the compatiblility chart at all?  For example, Aquarius and Capricorn, Aries and Taurus, Scorpio and Pisces, etc?  I find in my neighborhoods I have a large amount of Pisces, Sagittarius, Capricon, Virgo, Aquarius and Gemini.  It might be just a weird combination of astrological signs you have.  Maybe you have a lot of Scorpio's?

You can change your sims niceness level using several methods: InSim, boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true or SimPE if you don't have Bon Voyage loaded.

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 18, 04:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would also help if you noted whether these sims are furious with each other. Furious sims have to have their furious state cleared once you find the cause (assuming that it's an awry hack causing amok furious states).

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 18, 10:30:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn. Really? How do I get your neighborhood? Because it sure as hell ain't personality, my neighborhood contains the meanest, nastiest SOBs in creation.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 18, 13:33:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pardon me if I'm wrong, it's not as if that's never happened before, but this sounds very odd to me. I did have a family with a dog and a cat who fought constantly to the point of me being actually glad they went they way of all mortal, but that was one lot, and one family, and critters only.

I'm not saying that very strange things can't happen in SimLand, and I know what it feels like to not be believed, thanks to EAxis and their far below par support staff, but...

Well, I have a very strange feeling about your post, OP. If this is truly happening, and the cat/dog thing spread through your 'hood somehow, then build a new one. Or, do like everyone here said, and kick out your CC and the hacks and check again. But I still have the oddest feeling when I read your post. Sort of reminds me of assorted posts on the BBS, where players claimed the most unbelievable happenings in their game. Like one poster who insisted that all the mothers in his neighborhood were trying to kill their babes and toddlers. Very Freudian in nature, and quite untrue as it turned out. It was a more sophisticated troll, after all.

Again, if my gut is wrong, I apologize. It's been wrong before - plenty of times. But there you have it, what can I say.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 October 18, 13:40:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd say it might possibly be something you've downloaded in a house, for instance, that doesn't show up as a hack in Clean Installer - not all hacks seem to be shown in red.

Are your sims mainly shy - shy sims when they meet another sim tend to try daft things like pranking or teasing them - which makes the other sim mad at them.

Funny thing, though, about those darned Scorpios.  Tamara Chekov is a relatively nice Scorpio - quite outgoing, 4 nice points, doesn't thump hard when playing punchyoupunchme, Romance aspiration, now at Uni.  According to her ACR stats, she doesn't get jealous, but another sim called round, walked into the house she shares with her boyfriend and started kissing him.  Tamara went bananas and attacked them both!  Took me ages to sort out that situation, and the boyfriend still isn't allowed to call friends, only one sim at a time, selected by me....and the offender?  a nice, supposedly well-balanced Aquarius Fortune sim, who seems to have the hots for everything in trousers!

Zephyr Zodiac
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 18, 15:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the only two i have installed in the game are:

1. buybuild enabler
2. daily gardener
oh as far as custom content...there are over 19,000 files in my download folder of custom content.  Hope this helps.

Good lord - I couldn't manage with that few hacks.  I have thefightclub installed just to make sure that there is moar fight.

If you find the problem persists after testing your hood without the Downloads folder, run in debug mode and manually drag up the relationship bars for your sims (presumeably they are low if they keep wanting to punch the shit out of each other).  Then let any furious flags clear and see what happens - you might at least get a better sense of why they want to fight.

I second the thought about possible hidden cc in downloaded lots - if you have downloaded lots there may be some garbage in there causing strangeness.  I had a lot once that continually had plumbing breakdowns (after every single use).  Nothing to do with my hacks, but something embedded in the lot.

Tribulatio proxima est
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 October 18, 15:46:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And there was, of course, the iniquitous Maxoid computer that kept respawning itself, sometimes you'd download a lot in the pre-clean-installer days, and it would have half-a-dozen of the damned things.....(I only found out once I got SimPe and checked all those useless long file-names!  I'd only downloaded and installed one lot, and there they all were.....

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 October 18, 16:42:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Veilchen, glad to know I wasn't alone there. I too feel/felt like this is someone pulling our collective legs, so to speak. It sounds very unplausible. Plus with a name like PF...well, let's just say alarm bells were ringing. Cheesy

I decided maybe I am getting too jaded and gave PF the benefit of the doubt; but the whole scenario feels "off" for many reasons. Undecided

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 October 18, 16:53:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would be inclined to agree with you both, except.....PF can SPELL!

Now, a thought occurs - PF, are your sim families all basically either one-parent or parent and room-mate rather than husband/wife?  And is one half of the family sloppy enough to leave the shower in a disgusting state?  If so, you need nopuddlerage from Pescado.

Zephyr Zodiac
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 October 18, 16:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They dont want to eat they dont want to sleep, they just walk around pounding thier fists into thier hands and waiting for the opportunity to jump on someone.  I even created a new married couple and as soon as I moved them on a lot, the first thing they did was fight.

Noting misgivings by veilchen and MsMaria, we may reexamine the OP's quote.  Note the bolded phrase.

Standing and pounding fists into hands is not an animation I have ever seen.  Sims do not stand around and wait for someone to bash - they fume a bit with the flame memories, but they do not purposefully stand around, in my experience.  When an enemy, created through careful irritation and argument over many sim hours, appears, they insult, they argue, they attack, yes, but they do not do this in a premeditated way.  All premeditation is in the mind of the player, not the sim.

Moving a new married couple onto a lot and "the first thing they did was fight" is also not a likely scenario without a hack that would do this, or without artificially altering relationship scores (i.e. in debug mode).  The OP does not need help to rectify this.  It needs to be poked severely for wasting our time.

In my now reconsidered view, I suggest that what the OP has described is likely impossible in normal game play.  I put it to you that it has done it to itself.  And, as for spelling, the OP clearly misspells the word "thier", which is worthy of a good Rohina lecture.  Case for the prosecution ends.

Is there a defense?

Tribulatio proxima est
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 October 18, 17:11:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, thier could just be a typo.......

When my sims are told to go and attack, they do exactly what the poster described, if they're really furious and are Scorpios, mean Leos etc.  (Super-nice sims pout and look offended at the idea.....)

I'm not making a case for the defence, merely acting as mediator.....

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 October 18, 17:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly, Jolrei! That was the flag for me anyway. I have never seen that animation, but because I haven't played BV to any extent, I thought, hey, maybe it was added. Although I would think that it would have been mentioned on numerous occasions elsewhere on the boards, especially from Pes! Cheesy

I understand ZZ, and I may be wrong, but...my gut says no way. Undecided 
I don't have much of a gut, so maybe I am way off.  Tongue In that case, I do apologize.
« Last Edit: 2007 October 18, 22:52:45 by MsMaria » Logged

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 October 18, 17:25:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will look for the animation that ZZ describes.  I have any number of carefully crafted moar fight type sims and this would be quite entertaining.  Putting that issue aside, I still find it difficult to believe that if one creates a married couple, they emerge from CAS as enemies without there being some "intervention" from the OP.

Additionally, I would think that if sims are standing around doing nothing but waiting for other sims to bash (at the expense of all other interactions, like eating), the OP has artificially altered relationships to the point where the sim is furious and has negative relationships with most if not all other sims in the hood.

Again, it looks like a situation of the OP's devising and not a problem.  Naturally, JMP feels that the situation described is sincerely to be desired, in any case, and not something that needs a fix.

Tribulatio proxima est
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 October 18, 17:41:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noting misgivings by veilchen and MsMaria, we may reexamine the OP's quote.  Note the bolded phrase.

Standing and pounding fists into hands is not an animation I have ever seen.

Standard receptivity animation. Please try to pay attention when you play the game next time.  Tongue

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 October 18, 17:44:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have seen that animation of the sim standing their pounding a fist into the other hand.  I usually see it in dorms (even before BV came out), where the two antagonists have been enemies for 'generations' -- dormies that have lived in the same dorm through countless playable spawn going through.  It only happens when the two sims are already at -100/-100 and usually just jump to the attack rather than going through the poke/shove/slap cycle.  If the sim who's going to attacked is busy, the attacker will stand there pounding his/her fist while waiting.

Oh, I do have enemiesaccumulate and fightclub in the game, of course. Smiley

ETA: Given enough time, a particularly mean dormie will end up enemies with pretty much every other dormie, and will spend all his/her time fighting regardless of which dorm the dormie is in.  The fight provokers eventually become the dorm ghost, thanks to nodormieprotect and the very handy 'Smite' option on the Lot Debugger.  Grin

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 October 18, 18:05:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I don't have BV installed yet, it's still sitting there waiting.....but I do get that animation whenever a sim is getting ready to attack....and although I do have enemies accumulate, I don't have thefightclub.  Quite honestly, too many furious reverses and my game slows to a standstill, so, while one furious sim is entertaining, half a dozen would just make me furious too!

I do think, however, that something is causing this to happen in the poster's game - either through player intervention or a hack of some kind, because, as you say, married couples emerging from CAS don't behave like that, they either make for the nearest couch/double bed/ hot tub, or they play with their kids, try to befriend their teenagers, or go and watch tv, paint etc.

However, when you create unmarried couples in order to create genetic offspring, (a) the male parent is unaware the kids are his, and you have to go into SimPE to let him know this, and (b) his relationship with the female parent is fairly low, and one or two attempts at playing any other game than water balloon fights or catch can soon drive it to zero, then a little bit of arguing and they're well on the way to becoming enemies!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 October 18, 18:08:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Fight Club doesn't even make fights happen more or less than before, anyway: People who think it does have misunderstood its function. The Fight Club only makes fights actually worth having and watching, if they happen, because the outcome is decided logically and in a manner the player can actually influence, rather than a completely random thing you can't influence at all, making it utterly pointless to have. The Fight Club doesn't create fights, it just makes the ones you have worthwhile.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
lemonfresh
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 October 18, 18:21:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And nothing livens up a party or boring wedding like a good fight!

Everyone knows milk goes in rubber gloves, not bags.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 October 18, 18:25:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, in that case...does it mean that the odds are calculated on mean points versus body skill, or something like that?  Because it does annoy me when a sim with maxed body skills gets beaten by a novice, just because the novice is madder!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: