More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 17:18:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Don't hate me because I have to pee...
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Don't hate me because I have to pee...  (Read 27713 times)
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
Re: Don't hate me because I have to pee...
« Reply #25 on: 2005 October 16, 21:53:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I have uninstalled Uni and reinstalled it, plus the patch, and have no haks at the moment in my game.

So far, it doesn't appear that everyone is suddenly thinking about the person going to the bathroom.  (The thought truly just disgusts me...let them do their own business in there, geesh...)

The animations for the moment are back when they are talking on the telephone.

Now the fun begins trying to narrow down where the conflicts are...ugh.

Ivy

vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 October 16, 21:57:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The red Xs have always happened for me, even before University. It was one of the first things I ever noticed in the game. Probably because it's so stupid and irritating.
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 October 16, 22:19:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have always had the thought bubbles with the red x when one of my sims is in the bathroom whather they are useing the toilet or the tub or shower. Even the toddlers get them.
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2005 October 16, 23:02:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay...I've noticed that it's most prevelant when in the dorm...seems they all think about it when someone goes.  All at the same time.  Highly annoying, but not caused by a hak.  Good to know I've ruled out a hak as the cause of this issue.  When in a normal residential lot, they don't all do it all at the same time, nor do they always do it.  Seems rather sporadic.  Now can someone make a hak to make them stop thinking of it all at the same time? That is just creepy...lol.

And about the talking on the phone...I am running no haks at the moment and the Simmies are animated on the phone again.  So its possible either a) a hak does conflict with that code now or b) my earlier instal was somehow fubar'd.  Wish I know which it was, but can only find out thru process of elimination.

Thanks everyone for helping sort this out Smiley .  Makes me feel better knowing others have experienced it too.

Ivy

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 October 17, 00:36:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Bathroom Red X thing isn't related to pathfinding at all, because it will happen even whenother  sims are stationary or even doing something else which is nonmobile. It is a mystery.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 October 17, 00:55:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And about the talking on the phone...I am running no haks at the moment and the Simmies are animated on the phone again.  So its possible either a) a hak does conflict with that code now or b) my earlier instal was somehow fubar'd.  Wish I know which it was, but can only find out thru process of elimination.
I noticed this too.  I took out all hacks and the face and hand animations while talking on the phone were back.  I had a hunch it might be the phonehack, so I added that alone back to my game, and the sims are once again frozen while talking on the phone, except for a small amount of hand movement once in a while and walking around like it was before NL.  After I installed NL, they were very animated, but after the patch, they weren't anymore.  I was thinking it was the patch that did it, but after reading your post above, Ivy, I tried it myself and I am pretty sure it's the phonehack that's doing it.  At least it's not totally broken, so maybe JM can fix it soon.  It's still in testing anyway.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 October 17, 03:17:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, there are just some people you don't wanna have to use the bathroom after them.  At least until it airs out a bit.  In public restrooms you sometimes hear "Fer gawd's sake, give us a Mercy Flush!"

Are the Sims using the bathroom and causing the red X's really low neatness, by any chance? Smiley

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 October 17, 03:22:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are the Sims using the bathroom and causing the red X's really low neatness, by any chance? Smiley
It's all sims, every sim who uses the bathroom, no matter what.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 October 17, 04:14:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Andit's not post patch, post NL, it happens in my game and I've only got Uni and still haven't bothered with the patch - in my humble opinion, after what I've heard, Pescado's fixes are safer!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 October 17, 05:01:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hadn't even thought about the facial animations on the cell phones, but I paid attention tonight. I wouldn't let my sims have cellphones in Uni, but with NL, I'm taking the chance. When one of my sims missed work tonight, his cell rang. When he answered it, he was quite animated! It was work calling to tell him he missed work today (no kiddin'), and he was acting irritated by the call. Like he was saying "Oh, shutup!".
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 October 17, 05:15:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hadn't even thought about the facial animations on the cell phones, but I paid attention tonight. I wouldn't let my sims have cellphones in Uni, but with NL, I'm taking the chance. When one of my sims missed work tonight, his cell rang. When he answered it, he was quite animated! It was work calling to tell him he missed work today (no kiddin'), and he was acting irritated by the call. Like he was saying "Oh, shutup!".
Those animations are normal.  I'm talking about when they are calling "friends/family" via autoyakyak or just chatting on the phone.  They barely move their mouths, and their arm that's not holding the phone seems permanently stuck at a right angle except every now and then they'll wave it a bit.  Other types of phone anims are fine, such as inviting a sim over, calling college for scholarships, etc.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 October 17, 05:45:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I haven't checked those out, yet since installing NL. They've been calling friends, but I haven't been watching their expressions. I do know what you mean about the lack of facial expressions with the cell, though. I posted on a thread about that on MTS2 right after I got Uni. That wasn't your thread, by any chance, was it?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 October 17, 05:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I haven't checked those out, yet since installing NL. They've been calling friends, but I haven't been watching their expressions. I do know what you mean about the lack of facial expressions with the cell, though. I posted on a thread about that on MTS2 right after I got Uni. That wasn't your thread, by any chance, was it?
No, I hardly ever post there, and I don't think I've ever started a thread over there.  But someone commented that the animations were back with NL and I rather enjoyed them.  I always thought it was a huge improvement over Sims 1 where they would just stand right by the phone with their face toward the wall and hardly move.  In Sims 2 they walk around and seem more alive and natural.  But with Uni, that changed.  NL was supposed to have fixed it, but after the patch it's back like it was in Uni.  But I took out the phonehack and it seemed to go back to normal.  I have it in right now because I like the features, but I would love it if JM could look at it and see (that is if he EVER gets NL Tongue).
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 October 17, 07:52:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since installing the patch I've noticed the red x's when somebody is in the bathroom as well.  More so than what was ever there before.  Maybe I'm just noticing it more after browsing this thread? lol  In my game it doesn't seem to be every single sim..but its still a lot more than normal.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 October 17, 09:22:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wish they could programme it so a sim on the phone for a long time would go and lounge on a chair or sofa while chatting!  Isn't that what people do?

Zephyr Zodiac
vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 October 17, 09:26:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wish they could programme it so a sim on the phone for a long time would go and lounge on a chair or sofa while chatting!  Isn't that what people do?

No, no. Absolutely not. All normal people spend several hours talking on the phone while wandering around - 'tis abnormal behaviour to wish to be comfortable while yakking on the blower. Obviously.

Seats are for wimps!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 October 17, 09:31:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speak for yourself - when you get to my age you might feel a little differently!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2005 October 17, 11:10:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brynne, I know I put my two cents in that thread as well.  Don't remember who started it.  But yes, it was installing Uni that made the facial animations stop in the first place.

Hook, I haven't noticed a correlation between the two, but I will pay attention and verify next time I play. I never noticed it before the patch either, which is why I had thought that it was a hak conflicting.  You'd think one would notice if every single Sim had that thought bubble every single time someone went to the loo...lol.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 October 17, 11:16:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always noticed the red x thought bubbles, but learned to tune them out. Until after reading this thread, of course. Thanks, guys.  Wink
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 October 17, 11:19:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just seems to me another stupid thing about sims!  Doesn't really bother me!  Better anyway than standing outside the bathroom door and throwing a tantrum because they (the maid) can't get in to clean the loo that the sim is actually occupying!

Zephyr Zodiac
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 October 17, 13:26:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It has always happened here since I installed UNI some time ago.

It's not an irritation, I figured they didn't want those other sims stinking up the bathroom.  Tongue

"Hey! Mortimer! Turn on the fan when you're in there!"

Instant gratification takes too long.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 October 17, 13:42:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speak for yourself - when you get to my age you might feel a little differently!
Hey ZZ - I think that was a joke, Joyce.  Wink  I detected heavy amounts of sarcasm throughout that post.  I have often wished they could curl up on the sofa or bed while going through their friends list catching up with old buddies or whispering sweet nothings into the phone with their sweetheart.  But Sims can't do two things at once, even eating and talking at the same time.

Re the bathroom stink, I've never seen a sim go in the bathroom after another sim and do that "Smells Bad" animation.  Maybe that's what we need, and some Glade or something on the back of the toilet they could spray around the room, or a candle to light.  The envoronment score would bottom out for a while after the other sim had been in there until it airs out or someone does one of the above.  I always wondered why sims didn't get fun from reading their newspaper on the toilet, or why they weren't able to read a book in there sometimes instead of always the newspaper?  I never read the newspaper and I certainly don't carry one everywhere with me to read on the toilet.  I usually have a book with me though, hehehe.  Have to make those unavoidable delays productive, as Frank Gilbreth called them.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 October 17, 14:14:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, C&C Enterprises had an Interesting toilet for Sims 1, and when sims went, they read the paper and gained interest points!  Only on certain occasions, though!  They also got fun from going and their hygiene level went up!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 October 17, 15:30:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, C&C Enterprises had an Interesting toilet for Sims 1, and when sims went, they read the paper and gained interest points!  Only on certain occasions, though!  They also got fun from going and their hygiene level went up!
I've noticed that toddlers who are potty trained lose hygeine a lot faster and have to be bathed at least once before they grow up.  This is a problem in houses where I only have showers.  I've had to put a tub in just so they could give the toddler a bath.  But I digress.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 October 17, 16:53:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, mum or dad isn't talcuming their nether regions at the changing table!  Even though i always have a flamingo around my house to keep their motives up, the toddlers still need bathing.  (I only ever use the lowest level except for five minutes in a dire emergency!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: