More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:08:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Can't greet delivery person
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't greet delivery person  (Read 5886 times)
simsfreq
Exasperating Eyesore

ENTP

View Profile
Can't greet delivery person
« on: 2007 October 15, 09:58:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not my game but my sister's. She has base game and uni with no custom content. AFAIK the computer usually runs it fine because when I lived there I was playing both (on a separate Windows username) on medium graphics settings with loads of custom.

Basically whenever the grocery delivery guy turns up her sims can't greet him. He won't come to the door, he just mills around on the opposite side of the road and eventually leaves the groceries on the floor and drives off. If she clicks on him he's unselectable.

I'm sure this must be something simple but I can't find any mention of it happening before. Am I being a big n00b?

Time has gathered us here by coincidence; that's why what we say doesn't make any sense.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Can't greet delivery person
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 15, 10:25:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are there any other vehicles on the lot, ie. Maid. Gardener?

simsfreq
Exasperating Eyesore

ENTP

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 15, 11:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She said it happens every time so I would assume she has tested with and without. I'll have to check though. Even if there are vehicles in the road it's still a problem though, surely?

Time has gathered us here by coincidence; that's why what we say doesn't make any sense.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 15, 11:22:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is space for 3 service vehicles in the road. However, if there are 3 in the road, if the delivery person is the last to arrive it has trouble accessing the van to get the groceries out. I am thinking there may be something stuck there if there are no visible vehicles.

simsfreq
Exasperating Eyesore

ENTP

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 15, 11:40:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On more than one lot? Huh

phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 15, 12:03:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has happened to me on certain Maxis-EA-made lots since day one.  One in particular that I can think of is the Specter house in Strangetown.  Another is one that's in the bin ..... Federal Fortress or somesuch.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 15, 12:46:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On more than one lot? Huh

Oh! It is on more than one lot. I didn't realise that is what you meant in your first post as I do not have the power to read your mind.  Roll Eyes You need to be more specific. Are they maxis made lots or ones your sister has made herself? Does it happen in every neighbourhood? Is it one of the pre-made hoods that your sister is playing? Does it happen in university neighbourhoods too?

simsfreq
Exasperating Eyesore

ENTP

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 15, 13:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry Embarrassed I suppose I thought it was clear when I said it happened every time. I'm going to have to email her and get back to you tomorrow.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 15, 15:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry Embarrassed I suppose I thought it was clear when I said it happened every time. I'm going to have to email her and get back to you tomorrow.

This is a critical problem when asking for help for a third party.  You have not seen the problem firsthand, and do not know firsthand what the setup is.  For example, what hacks is she running?  Has anyone scanned for conflicts.  I ran a base+uni combination for months and never had this problem, and consequently think that it is likely some sort of hack incompatibility or problem cc object or mesh that is borking the game.  However, this is difficult to test without a better description of the situation (as Emma mentioned).

Tribulatio proxima est
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 15, 16:37:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She has base game and uni with no custom content.

I've discovered the problem. She obviously needs the awesome fixes and anti-annoyances.

Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 October 15, 21:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this problem too, not on every lot though.  I have all expansions.
What is the hacks you recommend Dizzy?

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 16, 17:38:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since you have all the EPs, you can use my "no-auto-accept-delivery" which will prevent the situation of a sim preventing the one you control from accepting the delivery and thus annoying and delaying your efforts.

If you had been stuck with base or Uni, you would be forced to do some design change to the house to better facilitate the stupidity of the Maxis code (i.e. use a bigger patio and/or make your front door more obviously in front).

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 October 20, 12:46:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to get this problem in the base game, mainly with the lot at the end of the road (next door but one to the Broke house) and the delivery van would then get stuck on the lot.  The original patch cleared this up.  I presume your sister has installed the necessary patches for the base game and Uni?

As dizzy says, you may also need to make larger front doorsteps and make sure there is plenty of room for sims to manouevre.

The Federal Fortress was a problem for me because the delivery people always tend to go round to the back door.  You could try the "Bamboozle" doors from MTS2, and replace the back door with one of them.

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 October 20, 14:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't JM have a hack that fixes the front door problem?  Frontdoorhack?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 October 20, 14:15:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He does indeed, but if I remember correctly, it didn't use to work on one of the delivery NPCs,  (Mitch Wolosenko) can't think why, but that one always went round to the back of the Federal Fortress (home of Keanu Broke and family) and then, if the answering sim went to the front door he'd then stroll through the house while the said sim was on his way round to the back.  If no-one else was at home to intercept the delivery, this became an extended game of Follow my Leader!

I think Mitch is a bit borked, if I ever had problems with deliveries, it was almost always him - he'd be paid and then go and help himself to the toilet in payment because he hadn't been paid, things like that!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: