More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 06, 15:59:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6517 Members
Latest Member: zebez
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Just installed NL; controls don't work on dates
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Just installed NL; controls don't work on dates  (Read 5025 times)
Kukes
Corpulent Cretin

...cue destruction...

View Profile WWW
Just installed NL; controls don't work on dates
« on: 2005 October 29, 16:11:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a bit confused by this. I just installed Nightlife and the patch, cleared out my downloads folder, and went to a lot. On the lot, the sims were fine. I've now sent them on their very first date in their new car to "Londoste" (because it sounded pretentious and they are very much so) - and the controls don't work. They aren't greyed out or anything, but clicking on them doesn't work. There was a bit of a lag at first, but it got better as the car drove up to the restaurant; but I'm unable to zoom in, unpause the game, etc. Has anyone else had this problem? Did I forget to remove something I should have?
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: Just installed NL; controls don't work on dates
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 29, 16:35:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did they actually get out of the car, and, if so, did that change anything?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 29, 17:24:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like the problem I had when I first installed Uni, when nothing would work, and I had to reinstall.  Downloads weren't the real problem, I don't think, as I'd moved mine out before I installed the first time.  I tend to think it's just that a totally shiny new CD is just too much for the system, and something doesn't get copied right!

Zephyr Zodiac
Kukes
Corpulent Cretin

...cue destruction...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 29, 18:34:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, they got out of the car before the freezing started. I did a reinstall as Zephyr suggested and it seems to be running smoothly now. Although everyone at community lots seems to prefer standing around like stunned mullets rather than actually interacting with each other, which is kinda boring. Lucky I always backup before an expansion pack!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 29, 18:52:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have NoWhatsThis?  I think that's the problem, they do the same when you move them into a house, no going to inspect the toilet and see if it's up to scratch!  At least that gets them into the house or store!

Zephyr Zodiac
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 29, 19:05:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kuke, if the sims you sent to a date live in the same house, and the one ask the other for a date - you have to do the date at home. It is much much longer than a community date. May be that was the reason for the control freeze (just a thought, not sure).

About the standing and not interacting:

You have to enter Downtown from the neighbourhood, click on the day/night button to make the hood as if it's a day, then pass all the community lots there, choose your favorites, and redecorate them.

My favorites are two: The 50's, and Bowiling lane (the big one).

On both of them you have to add entertaiment objects. For instance, in "the 50's" I added outside 2 bowling alleys, an esspreso and juice bars, 2-4  benches, and a lot of street lights; inside I replaced the uncomfortable sitting couches with expensive tables and chairs, openned the wall between the dining room and the walking-in, thus I made a largeer room.
I added a card table and a disco stereo, a  pool table and checked if there are other entertaiment objects - and most important, added a lot of lights.

Do the same to another lot (or two - some players like The Crypt, to find vampires there). - these will be your main lots for dating. I know that each time I visit one of them, I get at leasy 10-15 townies and hoods, who are looking for amusement...Smiley. Sometimes I have to return home, because the lot is just invaded by other guests.

Some of them play bowling, drink coffee or juice, some play cards or pool, and the most they like to dance the Smustle, which is a copy of Michael Jackson "Thriller". Sometimes my sim wishes to work as a DJ too.

You just have to follow your sims' wishes on the date, and if you can't fulfil their wish because an object is missing - you have to enter again the lot, and add the missing object.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 29, 19:14:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're probably right, Gali, but how on earth can you have a DATE AT HOME!  It just doesn't make sense!  The whole idea of a date is that you take your friend or partner somewhere special!

Zephyr Zodiac
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 29, 19:31:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're probably right, Gali, but how on earth can you have a DATE AT HOME!  It just doesn't make sense!  The whole idea of a date is that you take your friend or partner somewhere special!

Oh, ZZ, that's the only date that after it I get a bucket of flowers by my mate...Smiley.

You just select a sim, click on the other sim, and you will find the option "ask for date". immediately the sim's wishes change as if he is at a community lot - bowling, buy coffee, dance slow, dance Smustle, WooHoo (at least 2-3 times, lol), eating with other sim (cook), etc.
Well I can't buy a coffee, but several woohoos do the job prefect...Smiley.
You get the same clock as at the community, and sometimes I have a "dream date" 4 minutes before the time clock stops.

I like to do it with my married couple (engaged and living together too). It's much comfortable at home - but I have to use the Merola's multi-painting, to boost their moods, because 5 sim-minutes on the clock are 5 sim-hours!!!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 29, 19:37:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I can understand HOW it can be done, no probs, but it still is a misuse of the expression "have a date" which implies going somewhere!

Zephyr Zodiac
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 29, 19:41:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I can understand HOW it can be done, no probs, but it still is a misuse of the expression "have a date" which implies going somewhere!

May be I mixed between the two options, and you are right: "have a date" is - at home, and "ask for date" - when you phone somebody...Smiley.

Nevertheless, try the both options, and see which one works for a "home date"...Smiley.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 29, 19:49:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will when I get the chance.  I'm just splitting hairs about Maxis' use of English, is all!

Zephyr Zodiac
Kukes
Corpulent Cretin

...cue destruction...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 30, 12:07:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, so they're bored? Righto. Makes sense, but I expected it to be a bit like Hot Date, where other sims were on dates themselves, eating out, etc. The places I've been to have karaoke, dancefloors, but they don't dance or sing. I'll put in some poker tables since they seem obsessive about them. Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: