More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 22:05:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  An unused asperation?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: An unused asperation?  (Read 11640 times)
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
Re: An unused asperation?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 June 16, 04:45:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know! I always felt like you should be able to influence.. make out/woohoo or something like that. Of course I can see why maxis wouldn't want to open that can of worms and put it in the game, but it is realistic, and I play a lot of deviant/evil sims to keep the story interesting.

skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 June 16, 05:41:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you can influence to flirt with or kiss or whatever, or am I wrong?  I really don't use the influence stuff at all.

However..it doesn't matter b/c some of the more dramatic social influences are always denied if sims aren't really good friends.   
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 June 16, 06:36:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you can influence to flirt with or kiss or whatever, or am I wrong?  I really don't use the influence stuff at all.

However..it doesn't matter b/c some of the more dramatic social influences are always denied if sims aren't really good friends.   
I used 'influence to flirt' on a group outing once when I saw a guy do the heart-floaty thought bubble about another girl on the outing. They got crushes or something, and the outing score sky rocketed.

So I guess, sometimes, if you're creative, it's worth something other than writing term papers.

I use it for cleaning sometimes too when there's visitors around, since I don't hire many maids anymore.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 June 16, 06:55:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem with the "influence to do whatever" actions is that they rarely do the actual one you WANT, which largely defeats the point. Influencing them to fight, for instance, rarely results in an actual fight, mostly they just go and poke the other party. That's not fighting! The same story applies with everything other nonspecific action.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2006 June 16, 07:30:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used 'influence to flirt' on a group outing once when I saw a guy do the heart-floaty thought bubble about another girl on the outing. They got crushes or something, and the outing score sky rocketed.

I do that too! Cheesy Especially if the Diva and Mr Big are both included in the outing. Mine are always in love with each other.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 June 16, 11:36:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another thing that annoys me, you use "Influence to serve meal" on a visitor who is a good cook, and what do you get? Instant meals and lunchmeat sandwiches!  Or if it's don Lothario that you influence, he sets your kitchen on fire!

Zephyr Zodiac
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 June 16, 11:45:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Influence/ Bite Neck" and "Influence/ Write Term Paper" while writing it yourself to exploit the double grade boost glitch are the only two that were ever useful for me.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 June 16, 11:58:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the term paper one is great - the assignment one only works if your sim has left one unfinished so it's not a lot of use.  Influence to clean / garden are useful though!  (The garden one is especially useful on comm lots!)

Zephyr Zodiac
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 June 16, 12:00:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

..."Influence/ Write Term Paper" while writing it yourself to exploit the double grade boost glitch...

Wow...didn't know about that one!

Let the Beast inside you free!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 June 16, 12:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Influence/ Bite Neck" and "Influence/ Write Term Paper" while writing it yourself to exploit the double grade boost glitch are the only two that were ever useful for me.
Yeah, Bite Neck is always good, especially when you can't be bothered to try to haul the vampires to a deserted lot to minimize distractions.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 June 16, 15:07:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's also a pain dealing with the fugly Vampire Downtownies who won't leave your sim alone after becoming friendly enough with them to make them agree to bite you. =p

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 June 16, 21:56:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you can, but only with a third sim, which is annoying... and even then you can't really use it to get them to know each other much better, because if they have 0 relationship they can't even play red hands!

I also don't understand why popularity sims don't have wants to gain the next influence level, although since influence is so useless, I suppose it is really a blessing. I feel like it should affect chemistry, too, and the starting bonus for new relationships.

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 June 16, 23:27:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is one of the OFB aspects I like - starting boost to all relationships if you can unlock the business perks
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 June 17, 00:40:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also don't understand why popularity sims don't have wants to gain the next influence level, although since influence is so useless, I suppose it is really a blessing. I feel like it should affect chemistry, too, and the starting bonus for new relationships.

I would say they weren't given these wants because in a way they already have them - the best friend wants mean that at some point in aiming for the next level of best friends they will reach the next influence level.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: