More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 20:26:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Now my business owner gets a free MP3 player....
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Now my business owner gets a free MP3 player....  (Read 4707 times)
Mandy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Now my business owner gets a free MP3 player....
« on: 2006 March 15, 16:19:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I called the taxi to send him home one night (since he can't bring his car still...) and he got stuck shooing away invisible visitors with red -1000s scrolling over his head, although his aspiration was not going down.  I used boolprop to reset him and the game loaded his home without him getting in the cab.  No error log.

The next day, he keeps fiddling with something instead of pestering his customers to buy things.  He's listening to music!  This is a CAS sim, only a few days old, on a brand new, third time from scratch neighbourhood, haven't even had time to buy him a cell phone or a second outfit yet, let alone an MP3 player.  I took it out of his inventory, left it on the ground - it's not ticking, so hopefully this third try at an OFB neighbourhood is not going to explode.  Yet.  I thought I'd maybe leave the player there on the ground, like a landmine, as a reminder that I shouldn't get too attached Tongue

Maybe the wholesale dealers are quietly giving out perks Tongue

Chanco
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Now my business owner gets a free MP3 player....
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 15, 17:28:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have notice something weird with the mp3 player too.
I was playing the Smiths house in strangetown the other night and I notice Pollination Tech#9  kept playing with an mp3 player. The thing is I know I didn't give him one and I don't know how he got it either. I delete the dam thing out of his inventory, but some how it kept being put back in his inventory the next day, how the hell was it getting back in there?

I may be a bitch, but I'm the pick of the litter.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 15, 17:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know -- maybe they're shopping when we're not looking?  Cheesy  I've noticed since installing OFB that some MP3 players have moved around -- sims in a house who had one suddenly don't, and other sims in the same house who didn't have one before have one now, or if everyone had one then some now have two in their inventory.  Odd, but not as bad as some of the other bugs that OFB has.  I put it in the same class as the 'photo booth pictures on the floor' bug.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 15, 17:33:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen this in NL, too. The only toys I ever give my Sims are cellphones, but one of my recent Uni grads now randomly plays with the handheld every five minutes, and I sure didn't buy it for him. I took it away and sold it Tongue
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 15, 17:55:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was a bug where if a sim easedrops on a mp3 player that it could be transferred to the other sim's inventory.  I never had it happen to me(might be a wive's tale).  But it seems to me that the mp3 player in itself might be buggy.  I never buy them for anybody.  Seems that it would be impossible for it to happen if nobody has one.  Do other Sim's in your community have them?
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 15, 17:58:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed for some time that quite a few of my Sims have two MP3 players, even though I've only ever bought them one.  This has occurred after the bug quite a bit ago where they'd keep asking for them even if they already had them, so it's not connected with that. 

As far as playing them on business lots is concerned, I worked out very quickly that MP3 players and handhelds (which I've just started to risk letting my Sims have again) need removing when they're working.  By the time they've stopped listening to them, goods have been thrown down on the floor in disgust because they haven't made it to the register in time.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 15, 23:34:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, they're handy for autonomous fun building, but now that I have macrotastics and flamingos everwhere, I'm going to start selectively selling them off. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 16, 07:14:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have the problem of 2 cellphones. Now I just delete 1 of them.

Go Away
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 16, 07:16:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they're autonomously buying them from kiosks now. Having two cellphones is good, though: When a sim draws his cellphone, it gets removed from his inventory, which means you can't queue a second call while the first is in progress, unless you give him a second cellphone, which also suppresses the possibility that "buy a cellphone" appears while it's in his hand!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 16, 09:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

makes me glad I don't have any of these!  So is this bug that sims who are eavesdropping on an MP3 player actually steal it?  or do they get a duplicate?  I'm still playing base game only - no cellphones, no MP3 players - and I'm beginning to hope I don't get them when I add OFB tomorrow!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 16, 09:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they're autonomously buying them from kiosks now. Having two cellphones is good, though: When a sim draws his cellphone, it gets removed from his inventory, which means you can't queue a second call while the first is in progress, unless you give him a second cellphone, which also suppresses the possibility that "buy a cellphone" appears while it's in his hand!
thanks for the suggestion but one cellphone is enough to drive me nuts in RL and in Sims. So One is way more than enough Tongue

Go Away
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 16, 09:22:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was a bug where if a sim easedrops on a mp3 player that it could be transferred to the other sim's inventory.  I never had it happen to me(might be a wive's tale).

I have seen this happen with my sims. Only once though.  When the sim who originally owned the MP3 player stopped listening before the sim who came over and 'listened in', the player ended up with the second sim.

I never thought of owning two cellphones to stop them rolling wants to buy one when they're on the phone and to cue extra calls - I will be doing this at once.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: