More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 06:27:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Gravestone Glitch since OFB?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Gravestone Glitch since OFB?  (Read 3755 times)
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
Gravestone Glitch since OFB?
« on: 2006 March 09, 02:07:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I don't know if this is just a one-time glitch (which tends to happen with this game) or if it's something that OFB caused.

I had a sim die platinum, reaper, hula girls, yadda yadda yadda. I immediately went to move him to the graveyard downtown (which I generally do as a habit since NL). Well, the urn disappeared, he waved bye-bye, then I got that message "this sim has died on another lot. he will return to the place of his death in spirit" and when I went to the cemetary I'd sent the grave to, it wasn't there. *cry*

Anyone had a problem like this since OFB?

*edit*  ok, it happened again on the very next death.  Any idea what could cause this?

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Gravestone Glitch since OFB?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 09, 03:40:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No idea what would cause the extra message, unless it thought your sim was still alive there (and died elsewhere because he had the dead token from being dead).

Missing Tombstone, though, can be respawned.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 09, 07:51:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm.

Ok here's an update on that.  I took a sim in live mode to the cemetary, and the first tombstone was at the cemetary.  It was NOT there when I went there before to move it. (in build mode).  I went BACK in build mode, and there it was on the sidewalk.  Wierd.
The second guy that died, by the way, had the same "died on another lot" message.

p.s.  how do you respawn a missing tombstone?

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 10, 05:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

p.s.  how do you respawn a missing tombstone?

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=72.msg73659#msg73659
sadiebutterfly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 10, 17:47:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happened to me when Philip Goth's nanny died; Dina selected 'move this grave', I got the 'sim has died on another lot' message, grave vanished and did not show up on community lot when I went in to build. I haven't tried sending any sims there yet, though, so that's my next move; thanks for the tip.

I just moved another nanny grave successfully (what can I say, I don't like nannies), so it's not happening all the time. That said, I got 'Sim has died on another lot' then as well, so something is definitely glitchy here.

(Death-related hacks installed: deathfix, marriage-postmortem, nocorruptdeath, romanceurnstonefix, nounlinkondelete. I'm pretty sure they're all awesome and also pretty sure I checked them against the OFB-compatible list.)
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 10, 18:04:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The deathfix is discontinued in the OFB compatibility list.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: