More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 07, 16:15:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6517 Members
Latest Member: zebez
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Memories- do they give my sims a slow death?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Memories- do they give my sims a slow death?  (Read 11972 times)
HeidiGrrrl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Memories- do they give my sims a slow death?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 01, 10:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know.  Undecided  Maybe they serve a purpose somewhere, but I find memories to be irrelevant. I don't understand why people care what their Simmies' memories are.  I'd be happy if mine didn't have any at all.

However, there is one instance in which I wish they had a memory, but they don't.  I can never remember what major my Simmies had when they were in college, so I can't remember which jobs were ideal for them upon graduation!  (I'm old.  I can't remember much of anything too well anymore.  Huh)  Maybe their major doesn't really matter?  Does the game really tie the two together?  It would be nice if there was a memory something like; "Declared Major: Philosophy".  I suppose it's not a very "memorable" event.  LOL!   Cheesy  But still, it would really be helpful once they get back to the neighborhood.  I don't work with them one at a time.  Usually I graduate a whole dorm full before I go back to the main neighborhood.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 01, 10:45:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, there is one instance in which I wish they had a memory, but they don't.  I can never remember what major my Simmies had when they were in college, so I can't remember which jobs were ideal for them upon graduation!  (I'm old.  I can't remember much of anything too well anymore.  Huh)  Maybe their major doesn't really matter?  Does the game really tie the two together?  It would be nice if there was a memory something like; "Declared Major: Philosophy".  I suppose it's not a very "memorable" event.  LOL!   Cheesy  But still, it would really be helpful once they get back to the neighborhood.  I don't work with them one at a time.  Usually I graduate a whole dorm full before I go back to the main neighborhood.

It states their major in their diploma. Hang it up on a wall, click on it and "read diploma". But yah, I too wish there was an easier way to figure out their major! The major gives them a "job level boost" on related jobs, i.e. when they use the computer to find a job they start one level higher on related jobs, which makes reaching the top of those careers ridiculously easy!. No worries, I feel the effects of senility kicking in on me too...and I'm only 31!

Let the Beast inside you free!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 01, 12:10:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, for starters, a popularity sim who forgets every best friend he's ever made wouldn't get the Have 20 Best Friends LTW.  (At least, I don't think he would!)

Lobotomize nannies, by all means, but why lobotomize your playable sims?

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 01, 12:37:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Memories are important for tracking things like the number of Woohoos a Romance sim has and who with, as well as the Best friends for Popularity Sims that ZZ mentioned.  Memories also help Fortune sims track how much money they've earned.  It helps Knowledge sims keep track of how many skills they've maximized, and how many times they've been abducted.  And for Family sims, they keep track of how many babies they've had, how many relatives got married, etc.  I've had times when a memory was deleted of a Romance sim woohooing with a certain sim, and when they woohooed with them again, it was like the first time.  They got a new memory and it counted as a new woohoo.  But they had lost the previous memory, so it really was just replacing the one that was lost, not like an extra one.

Personally, I like looking through a sim's memories because it gives them a personality and it is a history of where they have been.  Sims without memories would be going backwards to Sims 1 when Sims didn't remember anything that happened to them.  They didn't even remember getting married or having a baby, or someone they loved dying.  That is just weird. 
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 March 01, 12:45:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although, I discovered recently that memories and LTWs are a bit flakey still.  I 'popped in' on John Burb and family the other day, and found he was perma-plat with a new LTW.  His old LTW was to graduate 3 kids from college, but so far, only Lucy and his first kid with Brandi Broke had graduated.  A check  of his memories and I found the game counted Lillith and Angela Pleasant (his nieces, for those who haven't traced the bloodlines Smiley) as his 'kids' for the purpose of fulfilling this LTW.  You'd think that only direct decendents would count, but the whole family ties thing is a bit weird sometimes in the game...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 March 01, 12:50:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It always counts just 2 kids, for some reason.  Brandi gets the same when just Dustin and Beau have graduated, and she doesn't have any nieces or nephews.  Nieces and nephews and grandchildren don't count!

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 March 01, 13:16:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, ok -- I misinterpreted what I was seeing then.  Embarrassed  Thanks, ZZ!

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 March 01, 13:21:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's something to do with the way memories are worded, and it's very annoying really!

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 March 01, 23:18:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It always counts just 2 kids, for some reason.

Or it could have something to do with what Ancient Sim said about how family sims still managed to achieve the 'Graduate 3 kids from college' LTW with only 2 kids.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 March 02, 00:39:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brandi went  Permplat before I'd moved Beau or Dustin into a house and as far as I remember, even when they did move in, neither got two memories of their graduation.  Just Mum!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: