More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 01:40:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Long as we're doing download sites
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Long as we're doing download sites  (Read 23910 times)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Re: Long as we're doing download sites
« Reply #50 on: 2005 November 25, 07:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So it is still more or less voluntary then.

Unfair! - I think they do try - two bits of evidence:
1. You don't find lots with hacks in on TSR - or I never have.  As anyone can submit you'd have the same mess as the official exchange if they weren't checking.
2. There is a gap after you submit something before it goes on the board.  I bet they run it through a hack scanner or clean installer or something.  They might miss the odd bit of content.  The gap was less on my last few lots, so maybe they check harder if you're a newbie.

Try it - put up one with a hack and see if it goes on - anonymously of course!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 November 25, 13:26:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did find some hacks in lots there, but it's been a while since I downloaded any. I actually made a post about it on their boards a long time ago when we first started noticing this was happening with the lots. I posted a link to clean installer to help people view what was getting packaged up in their lots and their little moderator drones deleted it because modthesims2 was an "adult" site. Never mind that it wasn't even on modthesims2, but rather sims2pack.modthesims2.com which is a wholly seperate site that just happens to be on the same domain as modthesims2 because it's hosted by them.

That's when I told them off and left and have not been back to their boards since.  Angry

But anyway, they were made aware of the issue early on but I did still download some houses there with hacks after that. I still be they don't check of it they do he uses the unpaid moderator flunkie girls to do it.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
cristalfiona
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 November 25, 13:46:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back to the original topic- heres a new site, havnt actually checked it out yet:

http://www.ogdsims.com/joomla/
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2005 November 25, 14:12:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About TSR and lots, yes they do scan the lots, but occasionally one does slip through. I've only gotten a couple with hacks. Kath aka Girl-from-Mars is the submission manager, so she is likely the one who does all the scanning. I think they've calmed down a bit on the CleanInstaller, but still when I recommend it to someone I just tell them you can get it on MTS2. Most people know what that is and can find it. Or at least most people don't come back and ask what I mean.

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 November 25, 14:31:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back in the day, Pescado and I were over at TSR and used to refer to MTS2 as the site which cannot be named. Wink I don't know about him, but I used to get tons of PMs from people asking for the address of the site. Of course this was when it was still new and not some humongous site.

You're right though, they supposedly eased up on the link restriction a while back. Steve made a deal with Delphy where TSR would allow links if MTS2 didn't allow people to post negative things about TSR and Delphy agreed.  Roll Eyes

That was why I left MTS2. Tongue I hate all this sims political drama crap. I think all the site owners should be like Pescado and hate everyone.  Grin

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2005 November 25, 14:36:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL Cheesy

They have no problem now with saying MTS2 and will even tell people who call it "the site that cannot be named" it's okay. But if you say it as modthesims2 dot com you'll be edited into oblivion Tongue Blah. I try to tolerate their heavy-handedness but sometimes it's hard. I hate this political crap too. I refuse to deal with it IRL and I'm surely not going to play these games when it comes to something that's supposed to be fun.

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 November 25, 15:35:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to admit, a subscription to TSR is a MUCH better value than that damn holiday pack. Rather than the pay sites driving Maxis, I think Maxis is driving us to pay sites - get something worthwhile for the money :p <tongue firmly in cheek>

Unsouper
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: