More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 17, 03:54:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Duplicate Urns
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Duplicate Urns  (Read 3443 times)
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Duplicate Urns
« on: 2005 July 27, 10:00:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a house where 2 sims died.  Their ghosts were getting on my nerves plus they were part of my Royal family and wanted to give them a proper burial so I had a sim on my death lot resurrect them.  I used the inSIMinator to kill them of old age so they would get nice tombstones.

Back at the house they died in, their urns are still there!  I go back to death lot and their nice urns are there too so I go back to house, summon them with teleporter painting and then sold the old urns.  Now the nice urns are gone on the death lot.  I had sim call grim reaper to see who she could raise up and the 2 were not on the list.  Very annoying!  Memories of these sims are intact and seem to be ok though.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Duplicate Urns
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 27, 10:19:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, see, that's the artifact of what happens when you do this.

First, you resurrected the sim. Of course, the urn on the original lot cannot be touched until you actually visit that lot. So the urn remains intact there. However, before ever going back to the lot, you killed your sim again.

Now he's dead, and there's an urn on the second lot.

Back to the first lot: The urn is still there, the game sees your sim is dead, and does nothing about the urn, because it's associated with a dead sim. You delete that urn. Deletion of an urnstone causes the "Unlink Character Data", irrevocably shredding that character's file down to a GUI representation (picture).

Return to the graveyard: Urn there now associated with unlinked, invalid sim. Initiating self-destruct.

Translation: Don't do this. It causes duplicated death memories and wigs out your game somewhat. If the "Graveyard Maker" doesn't actually appear in NL, I'll probably make an Urn-mover to let you BRING OUT YOUR DEAD. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 27, 10:40:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah never again.  What a waste of time and risk to my game.  After the fact, I thought to myself I should have visited lot they died on first.  I'll just send everyone out to death lot to die.  If they die somewhere else too bad, or else depends what kind of mood I'm in, just bring them back on SAME lot.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 27, 12:03:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, I'll think of something elegant.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: