More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 09:04:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Typical Playing Day?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Typical Playing Day?  (Read 15951 times)
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
Re: Typical Playing Day?
« Reply #25 on: 2005 November 02, 16:25:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of old cats, my cat is 20. She's in perfect health, except she needs to eat all the time. I think she's not getting enough nutrition from her food. She doesn't show any ill effects, though. She's the skinniest little thing you ever saw: I think being skinny has helped her live this long, much like with people ... which doesn't bode well for me LOL.

She's deaf as a post and has apparently lost her sense of smell, but there's nothing wrong with her eyesight. Or her yowl.  Cheesy

I'm a writer, currently bored to death by my job and looking for something new. I write novels but so far am not published. So I guess I'd better hold on to my day job, sigh.

Visit The Sims 2 Writer's Block for stories about the sims.
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 November 02, 16:48:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am lucky in that I can play almost as much as I want. For now. I am a stay at home Mom so my day is mostly free. Unfortunately my 3 year old is as addicted to the computer as I am, so I do have to share some. And when my husband gets home from work I turn over the computer to him (only fair I guess). Things should change soon though. I have a job interview Friday (I have been looking for a long time) and hubby's 15 year old daughter will be coming to live with us in 3 weeks. Hmm. Sneaking my Sims time in may get complicated.

I too have a husband who doesn't understand my Sims obsession (and it is an obsession). He likes games, but thinks the Sims is silly. Oh well, no one is perfect.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 November 03, 07:13:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

. . . my husband seems to feel he will implode if I'm on the computer and he's awake and at home (he is REALLY not good at entertaining himself).  . . .
He sounds like my husband! 

I work from 8-4:30 p.m., which puts me home about 5 p.m.  I try to get at least 1/2 hour workout in before I start on supper.  By the time supper is cooked, eaten, and cleaned up after, it's usually after 7 p.m.  I sit with the hubby for about an hour (give or take), then off to sims I go 'til at least 11 p.m. 

I am in the same boat on the same river with y'all. JM has disparaged me over how "needy" my hubby seems to be.  My hubby HATES when I am on the computer.  He wants me to watch tv with him.  Yeah, that's togetherness, baby!   Cheesy  I need to get him addicted to a game so he'll leave me alone to sim in peace.  But he thinks they are a "waste of time"

C

My husband is the same way. I keep waiting for an explaination of how t.v. isn't a "waste of time"...or at least how me "wasting" time on a game is any different then him spending 4 hrs watching some televisied football game. Huh

In the same boat, It's taken almost a year, but I've finally convinced mine that the computer is my 'tv'.
He is also terrible at entertaining himself, though happy in front of a tv. It doesn't have to be good tv, he'll happily watch bad tv, reruns he's seen 200 times etc.. Realizing he wasn't getting it, I agreed to 'spend time' with him and was apparently so disruptive to his viewing that he actually suggested I go play my 'stupid' game.
It's not that I can't sit quietly in front of a tv, but he watches 5 or 6 shows at the same time and flips through constantly.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 03, 07:35:54 by Zeljka » Logged

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 November 03, 12:13:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not that I can't sit quietly in front of a tv, but he watches 5 or 6 shows at the same time and flips through constantly.

How irritating. I take the remote off anyone who doesn't know when to stop pressing buttons. I can't sit still in front of the telly though, there's just not enough going on. I have even been known to read, knit and watch TV at the same time just to occupy my mind, particularly if it is an American sitcom. Family and friends get annoyed when I tell them the plot after the first five minutes, then proceed to critique the movie/show while it's playing. Haven't you got a game you'd rather be playing, they ask? Yup! I say. Smiley

As for men not needing much stimulation in the way of entertainment, I don't know if this is the norm but - A conversation with the S/O:
[Me] 'What are you thinking?'
[Him] 'Me? Nothing'.
'What do you mean nothing, you must be thinking of something, people train for years to be able to think nothing'.
'Really. Nothing'.
'Since we last spoke five minutes ago I've; admired the leaves on the tree outside, planned dinner and thought about my homework. Maybe you're just not remembering what you thought'?
Quizzical, slightly puzzled look, 'Really, nothing, I wasn't thinking about anything'.

BTW: ontopic for once, I pulled a sickie today and got to play sims all afternoon. I'm pulling another tomorrow.  Grin

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 November 03, 12:23:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for men not needing much stimulation in the way of entertainment, I don't know if this is the norm but - A conversation with the S/O:
[Me] 'What are you thinking?'
[Him] 'Me? Nothing'.
'What do you mean nothing, you must be thinking of something, people train for years to be able to think nothing'.
'Really. Nothing'.
'Since we last spoke five minutes ago I've; admired the leaves on the tree outside, planned dinner and thought about my homework. Maybe you're just not remembering what you thought'?
Quizzical, slightly puzzled look, 'Really, nothing, I wasn't thinking about anything'.

BTW: ontopic for once, I pulled a sickie today and got to play sims all afternoon. I'm pulling another tomorrow.  Grin

Cheesy  Have you been looking in my windows?  I can't watch TV either without my laptop on or crocheting or reading a book or magazine at the same time.  I usually find the TV so disruptive to my reading that I try to turn it off or I go lay in bed and read instead of sitting on the sofa.

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 November 03, 13:19:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How irritating. I take the remote off anyone who doesn't know when to stop pressing buttons. I can't sit still in front of the telly though, there's just not enough going on. I have even been known to read, knit and watch TV at the same time just to occupy my mind, particularly if it is an American sitcom. Family and friends get annoyed when I tell them the plot after the first five minutes, then proceed to critique the movie/show while it's playing. Haven't you got a game you'd rather be playing, they ask? Yup! I say. Smiley

This is exactly how I got back to the game, by spoiling all the shows he was watching at once. There is very little on tv that can capture my interest the way any flickering movement captures his. If the room is a mess, there's dusting, cooking, dishes or anything to be done, I can tolerate it or I can crochet or read at the same time, but all in all, I'd prefer to be in front of my computer.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 November 03, 13:52:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can find a million things to do that dont include TV. the only time I watch tv to amount to any thing is when My favorite baseball team is going to have a nationally aired game on TV.my computer is my entertainment  as I send my Sims into different life scenario's

This is exactly how I got back to the game, by spoiling all the shows he was watching at once. There is very little on tv that can capture my interest the way any flickering movement captures his. If the room is a mess, there's dusting, cooking, dishes or anything to be done, I can tolerate it or I can crochet or read at the same time, but all in all, I'd prefer to be in front of my computer.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2005 November 03, 15:46:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't watch television at all for three years, and I loved it. Others in the house watched but I found other things to do.

Now that my daughter is 8, she has shows she likes and I've gotten sucked in again. I do enjoy Kim Possible, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and Jimmy Neutron, but that's about it. She's obsessed with this stupid made-for-television movie the Disney channel keeps showing called Twitches, starring the stars of Sister, Sister. It's truly dreadful. But then I remember the shows I was obsessed with at her age and cut her some slack. Escape From Witch Mountain, anyone? Or was that Escape To Witch Mountain. It's been awhile.  Grin

I draw the line at reality TV, though. In fact, I don't have any shows I feel I have to see, other than the Daily Show with Jon Stewart and the occasional South Park.

Oh, and if the Gilmore Girls is on I always get sucked in. I've never seen it before, so the reruns are new to me.

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 November 03, 16:45:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't watch television at all for three years, and I loved it. Others in the house watched but I found other things to do.

. Escape From Witch Mountain, anyone? Or was that Escape To Witch Mountain. It's been awhile.  Grin

it was escape to witch mountain I saw that show dozens of times

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 November 04, 03:58:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel sad. I loved Escape to witch mountain as a kid. Poor me.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 November 04, 04:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I work 9-5 Monday - Friday but also have part-time uni to contend with so I often don't get to sit down and play till past 9pm, and well I'm a wuss who needs lots of sleep so I physically have to drag myself away from the computer around 11.30 (about an hour and a half later than I always tell myself I'll stop playing!)

<insert witty comment here>
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2005 November 04, 05:49:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel sad. I loved Escape to witch mountain as a kid. Poor me.

Oh, I did too. I'm just saying, it wasn't great cinema. It was aimed specifically at us, and it hit its target.

No shame in it. It just helps me keep from lamenting the state of my daughter's favorite movies. They're no worse, or better than the stuff I liked.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 November 04, 07:44:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mary Poppins was mine. I saw it recently and felt very embarrassed.
It was chocka full of mysoginists.  Embarrassed
I like the mean, vain Mary Poppins in the books best.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Vesca
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 November 04, 13:03:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a stay-home-mom so I get up at 5 a.m. and play until I have to get my kids up for school, which is about 6:30 a.m. and then I play in between helping them get ready for school.  Once they're out the door, I'll play for an hour or so and then get to what I need to do around the house and then I won't usually play again until the evening.  Sometimes I won't play at all at night and will read instead, but I will always play in the morning for a few hours.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: