More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 15, 21:33:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  NL Graphics Problems
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: NL Graphics Problems  (Read 2787 times)
sonofajoiner
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
NL Graphics Problems
« on: 2005 October 14, 12:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Over the past few days Ive started experienceing a weird (and difficult to explain) problem with the graphics in my game. Every now and again the faces of my little simmies suddenly go multi coloured. Getting them to use a mirror to change appearance seems to fix it
but its also started to happen to npcs that are on the lot and there's nothing I can do about this. Whilst playing last night the walls of my sims house suddenly became patchy and multi-coloured as well. It looks as if the colours have bled into one another. Strangely, I couldn't paint over it or remove the existing paint/wallpaper. Only exiting and re-entering the lot made the walls return to normal. A little later however all of the paintings made by my sims changed to show red and yellow blocks blending into one another instead of whatever it was the sims had painted. It's becoming quite irritating I can tell you!

Any idea what's going on?  Huh I installed a new graphics card (GEForce 6800 GT) about a month ago but haven't had any problems until now.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: NL Graphics Problems
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 14, 14:57:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most likely videocard driver. I updated to some of the detonator beta's some time ago, and the problem disappeared.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 14, 15:17:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you checked that installing the game didn't reset everything to it's lowest level?  If it did, then raising levels to medium might help solve the problem.

Zephyr Zodiac
sonofajoiner
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 14, 22:05:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've fiddled about with the desk top settings and hopefully that'll sort it. Cheers
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 14, 22:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hope so.  glad I remembered someone posting about this happening when you install a new EP.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: