More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 17, 17:20:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Ability to choose who goes to community lot stopped working
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ability to choose who goes to community lot stopped working  (Read 6172 times)
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
Ability to choose who goes to community lot stopped working
« on: 2006 March 30, 03:01:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed with NL that I could after calling taxi or using car that I would get the first option of one sim or multiple sims? and then it would come up with a second menu asking: "is sim1 going?, sim2 going?, sim3 going?," etc.  And it even worked at first after installing OFB, . . . then it stopped coming up with the second menu of options!  I don't think I have any hacks that would prevent that, most hacks are by JMP, TwoJeffs, Inge Jones, and the like.  I don't have any hacks having to do with going to community lots.

Has anyone else noticed this?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Ability to choose who goes to community lot stopped working
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 30, 03:02:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The taxi version still exists, the car version was never officially finalized because of the NL group function rendering it unnecessary and the fact that it seemed to produce wonky issues.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 30, 03:08:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that was quick, thank you very much Mr. Pescado.  I feel honored.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 30, 03:14:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that was quick, thank you very much Mr. Pescado.  I feel honored.

Don't feel honoured....he's probably just bored  Wink  Cheesy

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 30, 03:22:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aussieone, thou shalt now be known as the "Bubble-burster"

I'm just kidding, Twistingsims, JM is the most thoughtful, helpful....damn that lightening bolt came awfully close

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 30, 03:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever I try to send multiple sims to a lot via an owned car I still get all of the dialog boxes asking me "is sim 1 going?", "is sim 2 going", ect., ect.  But when they get to the car they all stop and just stand around staring at each other.

I can still get there by taxi though.  But its pretty annoying.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 30, 03:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is annoying. Sometimes I can manage to cancel out the queue for some of the sims I don't want to take to the community lot, but more often I end up taking the whole kit'n kaboodle. The cancelling out seems to work best if I send the ones I don't want to join on a task. The 'go to where ever' command will line up behind the task at hand and I can cancel the 'go to..' command. Sometimes.

I liked your other avatar better Trepie (I seem to be channeling JM, sorry about that)

But I do like that sim of yours Cheesy

~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 30, 03:38:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever I try to send multiple sims to a lot via an owned car I still get all of the dialog boxes asking me "is sim 1 going?", "is sim 2 going", ect., ect.  But when they get to the car they all stop and just stand around staring at each other.
You must have an old leaked version of the car hack in your game. And this particular issue is why it was dropped before official release.

It is annoying. Sometimes I can manage to cancel out the queue for some of the sims I don't want to take to the community lot, but more often I end up taking the whole kit'n kaboodle. The cancelling out seems to work best if I send the ones I don't want to join on a task. The 'go to where ever' command will line up behind the task at hand and I can cancel the 'go to..' command. Sometimes.
This does NOT consistently work: The obsessive desire to go will tend to just re-queue itself, and the car will stubbornly refuse to leave until everyone is onboard.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 30, 03:42:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I liked your other avatar better Trepie (I seem to be channeling JM, sorry about that)

But I do like that sim of yours Cheesy

A temporary fix I assure you.  At least until I get simTrepie to strike a pose.

That and I through Servo BLEH-ing was funny.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 30, 04:38:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This does NOT consistently work: The obsessive desire to go will tend to just re-queue itself, and the car will stubbornly refuse to leave until everyone is onboard.

Too true my Lord and Master of All. Like I said, it works sometimes, but the odds of the cancelling out actually taking hold are a wee bit better when the others are otherwise occupied.
If it can be worked out for the taxi, why not for the car? I've never done a group outing per taxi, do they not all pile into the taxi as well? Maybe not, it's entirely possible that the sim goes alone and meets her/his group at the desination point.  I have to try a taxi-group-outing for a change and see. If they don't group-use the taxi, then...nevermind Cheesy

And Trepie, the robot is hilarious. I thought my eyes had gone wonky at first, then I realised that I did see fangs.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 30, 14:26:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check out this mod by syberspunk: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=3068.0

Works fine for me in letting me choose who goes in the carpool.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 30, 18:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks all for the info, going to download another wonderful hack from syberspunk.   jsalemi, love the picture of your dog, I have two dogs myself  Cheesy

Don't worry Aussieone, it was just my first post replied by his awesome self before the rest of you helpful folks here were able to reply this time.  This forum is awesome and I find myself coming here first now for many of my questions and always checking for updated hacks and such.   Cool

So are you all saying that this extra menu feature of "is sim1 going", etc. part of JMP's phone hack pre OFB or something?  I thought is was new with NL, not that I am complaining because I love it, just curious.

Thanks y'all
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 30, 22:45:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're better off sending 1 sim in a taxi and then inviting the rest over.  Send the one in the best mood. invite the others by phone and the others will all turn up instantly refreshed and ready to go apart from the half full bladder motive.  that way you can leave kids home alone quite happily!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 30, 23:01:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, this ability never worked for me at all, with the base game or otherwise.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 30, 23:44:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The actually coding by EA was all or nothing I think.  Multiple meant all except the babies, toddlers and 1 babysitter.  I think that any menu that gave choices came from a hack.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 30, 23:51:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, I don't remember ever having a choice before syberspunk's hack...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 31, 02:39:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check out this mod by syberspunk: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=3068.0

Works fine for me in letting me choose who goes in the carpool.

thank you for the link! another of my big annoyances with ofb (possibly) solved!  Smiley

"I had always felt life first a story: and if there is a story there is a story-teller."
~G.K. Chesterton~
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 31, 02:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, I don't remember ever having a choice before syberspunk's hack...

hmmm-i had that option before, n i don't remember ever downloading this hack. That's either wierd or i'm just senile  Tongue  maybe it was part of some other hack or something

"I had always felt life first a story: and if there is a story there is a story-teller."
~G.K. Chesterton~
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: