More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 07, 12:37:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6517 Members
Latest Member: zebez
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Missing colour options
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Missing colour options  (Read 7784 times)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Missing colour options
« on: 2006 March 10, 07:17:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone had any of the colour options missing from the maxis items? I was building a bowling alley and went to put the blue ball rack on my lot, and the only option was for pink ones! Angry I am sure there were more colour options than that.
The only downloaded object I have is the invisible driveway. Oh, and the maxis ones.

KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
Re: Missing colour options
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 10, 07:22:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad you brought this up because you know the silly Maxis Bunny(Teddy)Bear? MIA since installing OFB. Undecided
I would have thought I had imagined it but my daughter commented on the fact that it was gone also.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 10, 07:29:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can understand it if I had downloaded something that had overwritten the maxis one-but I haven't!

Tansi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 10, 07:41:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad you brought this up because you know the silly Maxis Bunny(Teddy)Bear? MIA since installing OFB. Undecided
I would have thought I had imagined it but my daughter commented on the fact that it was gone also.

I have the exact opposite. I have the damned Maxis one and can't find it to get rid of it so I can use the Numenor one *sighs*
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 10, 10:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't find the nectarine tartlettes or whatever they're called in the things my (cooking level 10) sim can cook. It's weird, everything else seems to be there, it's just like that one item doesn't exist anymore nor that my playables can make it :p

Unsouper
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 10, 14:17:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The bowling rack needs the CEP to have two recolorable subsets (the sides are a CEP add-on). But even if you do have the CEP, you won't have more options unless you've made or downloaded some, of course. And I think the bear originally only comes with one color option, if I remember correctly.

I was under the impression that the nectarine tartlettes are only available in restaurants.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 10, 14:25:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was under the impression that the nectarine tartlettes are only available in restaurants.

So should a community lot restaurant owner be able to make them? I coulda sworn I had the fried chicken, which I think is restaurant only as well, but maybe it was just wishful eyes. (Playing way too late and tired, I wish I had more time). I want my baker to be able to sell them is what I'm getting at...

Unsouper
arielle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 10, 14:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I wanted to use the Maxis mission furniture, the thumbnails wouldn't change colors when I selected different wood and cushions, just stayed all black, but the actual furniture changed color.  BUT the colors for the chair, loveseat and couch don't match in my game - I was trying to use dark wood and green cushions, and all the cushions were a different shade of green, and none of the woods were exactly the same color.  And I have not downloaded any recolors of them.   

On another note, I am no longer able to use the Maxis crib and changing table at all.  Does this mean that somebody's re-do of it that I downloaded overwrote it?  It's still in the catalog, but doesn't show up.  I guess I should run the Clean Installer and check for duplicates.     Would that fix it? 
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 10, 15:24:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have loads of blue things in my catalogue since the expansion, too.  Same thing happened when I installed NL.  I normally just delete them, I've got far too much custom content anyway.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 10, 17:32:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was under the impression that there are some Maxis-made items that come with recolours that don't show up for some reason. The tulip-shaped lamp is one, I'm not sure of the others. The CEP fixes these objects. So, even if you don't have user-made recolours in your game, you may need the CEP.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Maria
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 10, 17:42:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone had any of the colour options missing from the maxis items? I was building a bowling alley and went to put the blue ball rack on my lot, and the only option was for pink ones! Angry I am sure there were more colour options than that.
The only downloaded object I have is the invisible driveway. Oh, and the maxis ones.

It was like that before OFB as well.  There's a silver ball rack at the downtown lot, but only the pink one shows up in the catalogue.  Ok, I've been trying not to ask, but... what is CEP?  I tried searching, but that brought up every instance of except and accept, so it was impossible.
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 10, 18:35:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Color Enabler Package http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=92541
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 10, 18:35:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://sims.ambertation.de/en/cep/ That is CEP

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 10, 18:38:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jinx, you owe me a coke  Cheesy
FatedCircle
Obtuse Oaf

Doink!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 10, 18:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been missing one of the maxis colors of a big two story window for ages (the white one).  I always wondered what happened to it....  I figure it was something stupid I did that made it disappear...one of these days I'll figure out how to get it back, but for now, I can't really be bothered.

Billy, put down that phylactery, we're Episcopalian.
Maria
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 10, 18:40:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you cyperangel and TaWanda.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 10, 19:04:51 by Maria » Logged
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 10, 18:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I wanted to use the Maxis mission furniture, the thumbnails wouldn't change colors when I selected different wood and cushions, just stayed all black, but the actual furniture changed color.  BUT the colors for the chair, loveseat and couch don't match in my game - I was trying to use dark wood and green cushions, and all the cushions were a different shade of green, and none of the woods were exactly the same color.  And I have not downloaded any recolors of them.

I've noticed the same thing about the mission furniture.  The loveseat and couch in my game seem to match alright and the living room chair, dining chair, & tables seem to match, but their are two distinct color groups between these sets.  I've also run into trouble with Sims getting hung up after eating at the mission table sitting in the matching chairs, but obviously that's not a color issue.  At least in my game this set just seems to be buggy.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 10, 20:40:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On another note, I am no longer able to use the Maxis crib and changing table at all.  Does this mean that somebody's re-do of it that I downloaded overwrote it?  It's still in the catalog, but doesn't show up.  I guess I should run the Clean Installer and check for duplicates.     Would that fix it? 

That sounds like a GUID conflict with a custom object. Do a GUID scan with SimPE or Clean Installer, remove anything that comes up faulty, and see if it gets fixed. Or, you could just try removing all custom cribs/changing tables first and see if that helps.

For the CEP, I recommend getting it from the MTS2 link. That's always the most recent version. The one on the SimPE site is often a slightly older one, like right now.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 11, 12:58:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the latest version of CEP installed, but the bowling rack came with tons of colour options with nightlife! I haven't downloaded anything other than the invisible driveway. So that's not it. They have just...disappeared.... Huh

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 11, 14:15:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got two posters on the old sims board with the same or a very similar problem.  I promised to look out for answers for them.  I can say get the latest CEP, but it sounds to me as if maybe maxis have introduced a GUID conflict of their own! 
Here are thr posts:
 I_lurve_sims: " I don't kno if this problem came with either when I installed Uni or Nitelife, cuz I installed them both right away without playing Uni before Nitelife. Whenever I pick up an object or click on it in the catalog, sometimes for certain objects, the preview image is darkened. For example, the baby crib. In the catalog, when I clicked on it, it was darkened, but when I changed the color to pink or something, the preview image was okay again! Am confused, please give NE advice..."

Dogdog8:" I_lurve_sims, I didn't have this problem with Uni or NL, but I have this problem now with OFB. It only happens on the new misson-style couch and love seat. I don't know why it does this, but I'm guessing it is a graphics problem due to computer not being good enough!  If you find a way to fix it, please post back with the info, and I will do the same if I find out more about it! "
http://thesims.ea.com/us/index.html?frame_src_content=%2Fbbs%2Fmessages.php%3F%26threadID%3D71ee0e0fc4cf96fc3fa64c1a8fb1f018%26directoryID%3D341

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: