More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 02, 08:34:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  New sync-timer (OFB)... must we "remove" the previous one?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New sync-timer (OFB)... must we "remove" the previous one?  (Read 3061 times)
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
New sync-timer (OFB)... must we "remove" the previous one?
« on: 2006 March 03, 05:30:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or can we just install 'over the top'?
Must we uninstall with all the interesting tid-bits that come with uninstalling it?
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: New sync-timer (OFB)... must we "remove" the previous one?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 03, 05:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uhh, the last update for the Lot Timer was February 15.  I didn't realize there was a new version?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 03, 07:41:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Installing OFB will likely destroy your settings unless you take some precautionary measures first (move your neighborhood folder OUT of the EAGAME~1 tree until custom content is reenabled!).

Other than that, the sync timer is self-contained and has no conflicts.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 03, 08:17:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Installing OFB will likely destroy your settings unless you take some precautionary measures first (move your neighborhood folder OUT of the EAGAME~1 tree until custom content is reenabled!).

Other than that, the sync timer is self-contained and has no conflicts.

I didn't even remove my downloads folder when I installed OFB, and when I entered the neighborhood for the first time (after enabling custom content and restarting the game), all the lot sync timer settings were exactly as I'd left them before installing OFB.  It's working just fine.

Karen
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 03, 09:31:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wouldn't an update just overwrite the original anyway, same as the Debugger?  I've never had to replace the debugger when it's been updated, it just updates the existing one on every lot.

Zephyr Zodiac
greeneyedsims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 03, 10:40:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was on day 6 with most of my families, and some were still on day 3 before I installed OFB.  I left the sync timers where they were, at each house, (in the backyard).

I backed up my Sims 2 folder, just in case.  And I "cut and pasted" my Downloads folder onto my desktop and installed OFB on top of my existing game/neighborhood.  I let it load up, and actually played Pleasantview's Bluewater Village for a minute (Delarosa's Flower Shop), then quit out of it without saving.

I then placed my downloads back in...leaving out the hacks.  I loaded my game and enabled CC then exited.  I then came here and made sure to only put back in the hacks that were OFB ready (I re-downloaded most of the OFB ready stuff on Pescado's list, including the sync timer and let it overwrite the one that existed in my Hack Folder.) 

I loaded the game up and this time I went into my created neighborhood, Simmington Hills, and to the house that was next in my rotation...the sync timer was still in place, at Day 3...I played the 3 days and it said Day 6 and all the listings for each family were intact.  I didn't have to do a thing to it.

--green

« Last Edit: 2006 March 03, 10:49:53 by greeneyedsims » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: