More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 08, 14:54:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6517 Members
Latest Member: zebez
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nooooo; not again.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nooooo; not again.  (Read 4448 times)
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Nooooo; not again.
« on: 2006 February 05, 14:01:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, me again with yet another brain bruising problem.  After reinstalling my game, no problems..till I tried to send teen to Uni.  Stoooopid game is telling me I have to choose a Uni,  DUH, been there, done that.  This game is starting to do my head in. Angry

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Nooooo; not again.
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 05, 15:41:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry that I have no answer to your question, but I am curious about the uninstall/reinstal process (in case I never need to do so). 

When you do the uninstall, do you edit the Windows registry and remove the registry keys noted in the Maxis uninstall instructions?  What happens if you don't?
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 05, 15:53:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you actually go to that University you attached?  I think you need to enter it at least once to generate all the new characters.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 05, 15:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're starting from scratch you'll need to generate the Uni afresh, same with Downtown if you have NL.  But if you've put your old neighbourhoods in and there was a Uni before, there should still be one.

As for the previous question, when I've reinstalled, I only reinstall Uni and I only removed registry keys when I was trying to get rid of a 'naughty word' from a mod I only tried once.  Unfortunately, it didn't work and the naughty word is still there.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 05, 18:18:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient, do you have a program like Registry Mechanic?   Any of that kind of program should be able to get rid of old and unlinked registry items.

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 05, 23:05:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've run loads of programs like that, but nothing has got rid of it.  In fact, as I recall I have two of them that pop-up, one beginning with F and the other with S.  I think the only way to remove them would be a complete reinstall from the beginning, which I may consider doing when I get OFB. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 06, 00:03:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can see why you wouldn't want words like that in your Registry!!!!  Odd, though that you can't delete them, but I have an icon like that in my control Panel, a program that downloaded itself when my neighbour's kid was on the net.  I uninstalled the program, but had to delete loads of stuff connected with it, but this icon just won't go!

Zephyr Zodiac
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 06, 00:37:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry that I have no answer to your question, but I am curious about the uninstall/reinstal process (in case I never need to do so). 

When you do the uninstall, do you edit the Windows registry and remove the registry keys noted in the Maxis uninstall instructions?  What happens if you don't?
I don't know about any registry keys, to complex for me, but when I do the un and reinstall all of it is generated afresh.  All shortcuts are new.  Does that help you!!
Did you actually go to that University you attached?  I think you need to enter it at least once to generate all the new characters.
Yup, I did go there and found it odd that there were no students in the Sim Bin and no pre-existing  households.  I went to CAS got a YA and loaded him, settled him in, then went back to Pleasantview and still the same message.  *Shrugs* Undecided

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 06, 00:41:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If that campus is empty, and a check in SimPE reveals no character files for it, why not just delete it and try again?

Zephyr Zodiac
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 06, 00:53:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that's what I'll do, I haven't really gotten deep into the game yet so it won't be any great loss.. Tongue

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 06, 01:00:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hope it works!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: