More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 15, 20:41:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is this possible? Re: Money earned
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is this possible? Re: Money earned  (Read 9682 times)
schmoopee
Blathering Buffoon

I'm the Green Bastard!

View Profile
Is this possible? Re: Money earned
« on: 2005 July 27, 08:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if there is a way to make a hack that would tell how much a single sim has earned. I'm figuring the info must be in the game program somewhere, as it posts memory markers when they hit "milestone" amounts. I'd just like to know a specific amount for my fortune sims who want to earn $100,000 for their LTW because sometimes there's a big gap between memory markers.

Another question while I'm at it - is it even possible to fulfill this LTW? Without age cheats? I'm playing a no-age-or-money cheat hood right now, and most of my elders die shortly after 50,000 earned - but I wasn't really trying to have them earn a ton.

And if it is possible - how the heck did you do it? Paint & write novels in every free moment? Make lots of friends & inherit their money when they die? It seems almost impossible to reach such a high number.

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior!
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
Re: Is this possible? Re: Money earned
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 27, 08:34:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well, the potion of youth is no cheat, as it is in the game, and is an aspiration reward. The same goes for the Simnovorii (cow plant).
That, and making sure you change career each time you hit the top, so you can get tripple bonuses from promotions help too. Plus a few paintings here and there, or perhaps a money tree.

Simoleans do grow on trees you know, especially in this game.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
DaveFlew
Asinine Airhead

I'm going to have pi best friends?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 27, 08:41:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just had a Sim achieve this LTW after only 8 or 9 days as an Adult. Getting one big payoff chance card will get you there (this Sim scored §50k thanks to the Smuggler chance card). He had already earned §25k by the time he left University (college grants, paintings, tips), and a bit of job-hopping and a few promotions helped him to earn the other §25k in his first week as an Adult.

What's the boolprop for siamese twins?

invisiblehousesr2cute
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 27, 08:42:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Earning $100000 can be easy or hard, depending on what level you're willing to go to in order to pursue it. There are several approaches.

1. Spray and Pray: Pick a nice, well-paying job, and hope the chance cards roll in your favor. Use the Chance Card Guide in the War Room to determine what your best prospects are. Advantages: Low micromanagement, high stability. Disadvantages: Unreliable - chance cards do not appear consistently.
2. Milk Them Promotion Bonuses: Pick a job with a huge promotional bonus: The Ecological Guru is best because on promotion, you receive a 3x salary for your new job, which for the Eco Guru, is 30K. The precursor job for the Eco Guru, the Dino Cloner, works 4 days a week, too, and you can be immediately offered this job if you have a Uni 4.0 Degree in a relevant field. Advantages: Very fast payout. Disadvantages: Only applicable to certain majors. Moderate micromanagement. High memory spam.
3. Maternity Leave Abuse: Once again, the eco guru is your choice here: You get paid for every day of being pregnant, regardless of if you work that day. And the Eco Guru doesn't work on most days, so it's free money. Advantages: No additional effort. Can be used to some extent with nearly any sim. Disadvantages: Leaning on this method requires WAAAAY too many babies, even for Eco. Practical only for females. Limited effectiveness in other jobs.
4. The Hard Way: Go to work every day. Don't retire. At a $15K/week job, it'll take you 7 weeks to make it. Longer for other jobs. Try not to die before it happens. Advantages: No effort. Can be combined with all of the above. Usable by all. Disadvantages: Only possible as a pure approach for some jobs - will probably die before this happens.
5. College Fund Abuse: Get maximum scholarships and A+ stipend every semester. Advantages: Trivial. Stacks with above methods. Disadvatanges: Requires Uni attendance. Mildly boring. Only a partial method.
6. Lame Tax Tricks: Receive lots of tips, probably from your own family, for no cost. Advantages: Does not require actually earning the money. Can theoretically be accomplished at Uni or even teen. Disadvantages: LOTS of Micromanagement, VERY BORING, does not actually give you money!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 27, 15:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a game where Beau Broke was in the millitary and he got at least double that!  If they move house after getting a 50,000 payout, they often get the same thing again, and if you are lucky and hit on the right answer, they get the payout again....and again...and again...

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 27, 15:55:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a game where Beau Broke was in the millitary and he got at least double that!  If they move house after getting a 50,000 payout, they often get the same thing again, and if you are lucky and hit on the right answer, they get the payout again....and again...and again...
Coincidence. Moving should not influence chance card chances. The military card *DOES* have a weighting towards "Vaporize", though, so you have decent odds of winning.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
gillies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 27, 18:16:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find the most reliable way to get lots of money without switching jobs is to be in the business job and unless you want to reload the lot for the workday if the cards don't appear just make sure they work as many days as you can wait in the top three positions by keeping their skills down or however else you like, if I remember this right you can get $35,000, $40,000, and $50,000 in the last three business cards if you're very fortunate or patient. I'm not sure if the answers to pick are the ones that have a high probability of success but I have only seen the last one fail repeatedly.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 27, 18:38:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The correct answers can be found in the War Room.

schmoopee
Blathering Buffoon

I'm the Green Bastard!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 27, 22:03:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excellent tips on earning money - thank you. I am ready for the challenge!

JM - is a "tell me how much money I've earned" hack a possibilty? Or does it already exist somewhere and I missed it?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 July 27, 22:05:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's already included in the debug cheats.

schmoopee
Blathering Buffoon

I'm the Green Bastard!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 July 27, 22:07:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean boolprop testingCheatsEnabled? I'm a bit new to that - only started using it recently - I've clicked around on the mailbox & other random things & never saw an option for money earned.

I really miss the buget thingy we had from Sims1.

reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 July 27, 22:36:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Earning $100000 can be easy or hard, depending on what level you're willing to go to in order to pursue it. There are several approaches.
4. The Hard Way: Go to work every day. Don't retire. At a $15K/week job, it'll take you 7 weeks to make it. Longer for other jobs. Try not to die before it happens. Advantages: No effort. Can be combined with all of the above. Usable by all. Disadvantages: Only possible as a pure approach for some jobs - will probably die before this happens.

I use this approach pretty consistently. I generally plan for the last job to be either Business or Science (for non-Uni grads) because of the high-payout chance cards. I also max creativity asap and have them work,skill, and paint almost constantly. In my Legacy family, both the founder and his wife are Fortune Sims. Each earned $100K before elderhood. I did get screwed on the Tangible/Intangible card, though. First time I've ever had Tangible be the wrong answer.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2005 July 28, 01:04:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd be interested to know how to discover this in boolProp - I've never seen it, either.  I agree that it would be good to know.  I always write down any large amounts Sims earn so if they move out the remaining Sims can money-order them what rightfully belongs to them.

Talking of money, this may be just another rumour, but I've read several times that once back in the neighbourhood, graduates will be periodically contacted by the Alumni (?) for financial donations?  I've never had this happen so I don't know if it's true or not.  I suspect the latter, but can anyone confirm one way or the other?

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 July 28, 07:41:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, that'd be hilarious as a phone call, though. Few organizations are more truly persistent than the alumni organization. Even though I've been killed several times and was in Africa at the time, they STILL managed to find me to ask for donations.

schmoopee
Blathering Buffoon

I'm the Green Bastard!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 July 28, 12:05:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, has anyone actually ever found the testingCheats thingy for money earned? I've asked on another forum & no one there has, either.

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 July 29, 21:54:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Carrigon (sp?) has a "memories in a bottle" object that lets you see how much money a sims has personally earned.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2005 August 01, 00:31:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What they earn is definitely stored somewhere other than just in their memories.  I put a money-tree hack in yesterday that I THOUGHT gave 990 per harvesting instead of the rather pointless 40 or whatever it is.  I put 3 into the Secret Society lot and got my Sim to harvest them all.  Unfortunately, I'd read the details wrongly because it was actually 9990 or something like that.  As it said the next harvesting would only nett 1 Simolean (or something), I got him to harvest one more, which still produced the maximum.  He ended-up with 3 memories one after the other of earning $10,000, $25,000 and $50,000.  I went into SimPE and deleted the lot, so his last one was still $5,000.  He graduated shortly after that, earning the usual $2,100 and a memory of earning $50,000.  Looks as if I am going to have to leave it, which is rather a pain because I didn't want him earning it falsely like this.   Seems no way of removing the record, though.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 August 01, 01:30:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The memories are just "milestone" markers. The true personal money earned is stored in an invisible token that holds the exact amount earned.

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2005 August 01, 03:41:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The memories are just "milestone" markers. The true personal money earned is stored in an invisible token that holds the exact amount earned.
Presumably there is now way of accessing this for doctoring purposes, or you would have said?  Would really like to remove that excessive almost $40K if possible. 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: