More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 15, 18:28:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sim wants to fall in love with her husband's alien son
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim wants to fall in love with her husband's alien son  (Read 15410 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Sim wants to fall in love with her husband's alien son
« Reply #25 on: 2005 November 08, 23:00:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Be glad you're not royalty!

Oddest case I remember reading about was a man who had a son, and they lived in the south of Italy somewhere.  The son moved up North (i don't know why) and met his half-sister ( it seems Dad had had a brief affair) fell in love and the bride and groom were virtually at the alter  steps when dad arrived to put a stop to the wedding!

Zephyr Zodiac
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 November 08, 23:09:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can hear all sorts of opinions on this.  The one I've heard the most is that 3rd (or was it 4th?) cousins are so genetically different that they don't really count as reletives anymore.

Get together with your 1st or 2nd cousin however and you run the risk of having a baby with nine heads!   Shocked  (forget where I heard that one from)
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 November 08, 23:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did have one incident where I got confused and one of my sims had a little relationship going on with their 2nd cousin.  When I realize what I had done I was slightly disgusted with myself lol  But in my defense the 'hood was getting huge and I was losing track of everybody...who was related to who and what not..especially when their were some babies being born out of wedlock and what not heh.
with the NL autonomous romance interactions, this is starting to happen in my neighborhoods by itself.

i guess as the generations go on autonomous incest will get more and more inevitable.

weird/gross/funny
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 November 08, 23:21:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From how I understand it, my first cousin is my aunt/uncle's child, my second cousin is my mother/father's first cousin (and therefore close to being an uncle or aunt) and their children are second cousins once removed.

Therefore, if my second cousin is my mother's cousin, they will share two grandparents.   My second cousins once removed will share two great-grandparents with me, but only one grandparent, but they are still genetically fairly closely relatied, although I believe you don't need a dispensation from the Pople to marry your second cousin if you are a Catholic, only a first cousin.

Zephyr Zodiac
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2005 November 09, 00:49:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm figuring that in the US alone there's got to be something like at least one-fifth of the population who descended from the same 5x-great-grandfather I did, and if they got to looking into their family background, which did descend from royalty (in this case one of the ancestors was William the Conqueror), it gets very weird in there.  In the old country, you'd look at the family line that was started by a couple, follow it down for two or three generations, and then end up with some descendent of that couple marrying another of their descendents.  By the time they did marry back in they were around fourth cousins.  I realize, of course, there wasn't as large of a genetic base back then as there is now from which to choose a marriage partner and keeping royal families royal was and still is a real trick.

One thing I've always thought odd in TS2 is that I'll have a sim who recognizes another sim as their relative, but the recognition doesn't go both ways.  So far I've seen this mostly with in-laws, whereby the d-i-l would recognize her f-i-l as a relative, but he didn't recognize her as a relative and would roll up a want to flirt.  I've thought about trying it out to see what happened but haven't got brave enough yet. LOL

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 November 09, 01:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Instead of making them relatives (parent and son), just reduce with the SimPe their relationship to -10 (minus 10). It helpes too.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 November 09, 01:53:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed the uneven relationship thing with one of my families that had the alien child. The human stepmother (you know, the one whose husband had the alien baby) was a romance sim, and once the alien child was a YA at Uni she rolled wants to flirt with him. However, she couldn't ACT on the wants - flirt never came up as a possibility in her interactions with him, and he couldn't flirt with her. I thought it was pretty funny at the time, actually. Like, she was all "oooh I have forbidden desires" in her slutty romance way.

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 November 09, 03:10:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed the uneven relationship thing with one of my families that had the alien child. The human stepmother (you know, the one whose husband had the alien baby) was a romance sim, and once the alien child was a YA at Uni she rolled wants to flirt with him. However, she couldn't ACT on the wants - flirt never came up as a possibility in her interactions with him, and he couldn't flirt with her. I thought it was pretty funny at the time, actually. Like, she was all "oooh I have forbidden desires" in her slutty romance way.

It's not a bug, it's a feature!

The family dynamics of aliens are always interesting.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 November 09, 08:48:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that's related to a problem I had with a couple of gay teens who wanted their parents to get together.  So the mum of one and the father of the other met and fell for each other and moved in together.  Everything was fine between the kids until the parents got married!  Then, suddenly, they were getting all the flirt wants, but could only give friendly hugs and family kisses!  So, when they grew up, they moved in together, relationship 100/100, both had the pink and red heart, but they still couldn't do anything but hug!  I didn't have SimPE back then, and I had to get the parents to break up so they would no longer see each other as brothers!  Once they got their relationship going, the parents were able to fall in love and get married again!

Zephyr Zodiac
ari_
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 November 09, 09:16:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oddest case I remember reading about was a man who had a son, and they lived in the south of Italy somewhere.  The son moved up North (i don't know why) and met his half-sister ( it seems Dad had had a brief affair) fell in love and the bride and groom were virtually at the alter  steps when dad arrived to put a stop to the wedding!

I remember about 10 or 15 years ago, there was a case in I think Spain where a brother and sister who'd both been adopted out and had never known each other ended up married and with children. When they found out, they decided to stay as a married couple - after all, they had the kids already, and saw no point in breaking up.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 November 09, 09:28:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And how did the kids turn out?  Shocked

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
ari_
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 November 09, 09:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And how did the kids turn out?  Shocked

I don't remember (or rather, I was probably never mentioned), but I don't think they had any serious problems. Inbreeding only gets problematic if you keep doing it over and over, so unless their kids keep up the practice, the family line should be safe.

Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 November 09, 09:41:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, inbreeding doesn't mean your automatically screwed. It's generally a bad idea because it can bring out harmful recessive traits that otherwise wouldn't have been expressed but you can get away with it on occcasion. Not that I would do it.

and I have one neighbourhood where ALLLL the plyable sims are related by blood or mariage to the founder sim. They just keep on marrying townies and NPCs. It stated off as a legacy family attempt. Now it's a back neighbourhood with 4 generations of sims and one family of 10 kids. And  it's tarting to get into the kind of territory where they don't recognize each other as family. But I've not allowed them to do anything with any relatives as yet. And they won't be marrying relatives thank you very much. As long as there is an endless supply of townies and NPCs they don't need to marry each other.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 November 09, 15:00:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the intermarriage thing became a problem in isolated villages when the nearest neighbour was more than a day's walk away.  It's never been a problem in towns - except, of course, for Pharaohs!

Of course, by the nature of things, if a brother and sister meet up for the first time, there'll be some kind of attraction because they are family, but it would probably be misinterpreted!  I'm sure it's happened many times over, especially when adoption details were kept so secret!  Which goes to show, there should be a law to prevent siblings being separated when they get adopted - I know most agencies try to keep them together, but if they can't find a suitable family to take all the kids, they will split them.

Zephyr Zodiac
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 November 09, 22:47:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inbreeding is only a problem if there are recessive defects in the family. Trouble is, that many features that cause lifethreatening illness when one has two copies beneficial when the person only has one copy. Sickle cell anemia is like this; protects against malaria. And cystic fibrosis protects against cholera. So you have a situation where if there aren't any other carriers of a gene in the population, a carrier's descendents will do much better than everyone else, but the more carriers there are the worse any individual carrier's descendents are likely to do. The benefits of this situation are maximized, and the problems minimized, with inbreeding taboos.

In the sims, of course, where there are no genetic diseases, inbreeding poses threat except to the sensiblities of the users and the coherency of the family tree display.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 November 10, 01:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And possibly no noses for alien descendants?

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 November 20, 04:20:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Necromancy is bad, 'mkay?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: