More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 11:29:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  A wee bit of a nightlife problem... -Sigh-
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A wee bit of a nightlife problem... -Sigh-  (Read 6675 times)
bloodstainedkisses
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
A wee bit of a nightlife problem... -Sigh-
« on: 2005 November 07, 05:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright well, let me start by saying I <3 Nightlife. And yes, the heart was necessary. -Cough- Anyhow, so, the game is great. But, I can't use the cars to go down to the community lots! When I try, what happens is, I will be able to get there... but the damn thing, won't let me get in the car again! I don't have many hacks, used to have no_friend's needed for careers, have two jeffs college adjuster, JM's  college clock (that is his, right?) used to have pregnancy for all, same_sex marriage, and havechildnotadopt.

So why, does the car not work? Grrrrrrrrr! x.x

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
Re: A wee bit of a nightlife problem... -Sigh-
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 07, 05:38:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This might be too obvious of a question, but have you assigned an owner to the car? I believe that's necessary so that when you do go downtown you can get back into the car to go elsewhere or home  Smiley

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
bloodstainedkisses
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 07, 05:40:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-Nods- It's the first thing I do, when I get the car, to tell the truth. I found it out, when two of my sims both had the want to 'woohoo' in the car. So, I tried to get them back in, and the only option was 'dance' as the stero had been left on. Oo
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 07, 06:14:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same issue.  I took out some of my hacks and it works now.  Wish I could tell you which one it was though.  We installed a new hard drive and it caused a conflict in our computer so we had to wipe everything clean and the ones that weren't in my game weren't saved.

Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 07, 06:53:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This might be too obvious of a question, but have you assigned an owner to the car? I believe that's necessary so that when you do go downtown you can get back into the car to go elsewhere or home  Smiley

No, that's not necessary.  I have sims use cars they don't 'own' all the time for running family errands.

Unfortunately I don't know the fix for the problem.  I remember reading sometime back someone who had a similar one but didn't retain the info.

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 07, 12:41:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The whole car thing seems buggy to me.  I've had Sims unable to return home when the car was definitely assigned to them; similarly, they've not been able to woo-hoo in it either.  It only righted itself when I removed them as owner and put them straight back as owner. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 07, 13:13:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the same thing happen...even when cars are assigned.  I haven't had it happen in a while...but it seems to be really sparadic.  I thought I read another solution some place but for the life of me I cannot remember what it was.  If I come across it again and you haven't figured out the problem I'll be sure to post it.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 07, 13:24:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you guys have any custom cars by any chance? I've had issues with some of them and so I tend to avoid them at this point except for the Maxis ones like the hotrod and Fiat Punto.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 07, 14:47:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've stopped assigning owners to cars because of the issues I've had.  I get the sim popping back on the lot after getting off work and the car never shows up unless I save and come back into the lot.  I also get the drive to work option drop out of queue as they are walking to the car and what sucks is sometimes I do not see it in time and they miss work.  I have watched and nothing has obstructed their path to the car it just drops out of queue.  I've also sent them downtown and when I have them come home the sim has ended back on the lot with no car.  This is with Maxis cars, not custom ones.  Maybe something in my hacks folder is conflicting with something. 
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 07, 15:00:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem with the car (a Maxis one) on the first day I got NL.  Nothing seemed able to fix it (and at the time, I had removed all hacks.)

What I ended up doing was sending my Sim home in a taxi and the car was there when she got home.  Huh
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 07, 16:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem with the car (a Maxis one) on the first day I got NL.  Nothing seemed able to fix it (and at the time, I had removed all hacks.)

What I ended up doing was sending my Sim home in a taxi and the car was there when she got home.  Huh
hmm I have only had the problem when the car is assigned to a different family member using it at that particular time. the woohoo issue I get a lot in downtown for some reason. my sim can whoo hoo  at home in their drive way or a neighborhood community lot but not downtown

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 07, 19:01:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a problem to woohoo on a downtown lot just this weekend but did came around it.  Let me explain the scenario.

My romance Sim went on a date and they were really a perfect match.  During the date they fell in love with each other.  Both had the want to woohoo in the car which would make me get a "dream date".  I put my Sim in the car, clic on the other Sim to join no problem for that, but the option to woohoo would not appear.  I made them go out of car and back in a few times with no luck.  So I decided just for fun to go on another lot and see if I would have that problem.  To my surprise the option to woohoo in the car was now available.  My guess is that the game did not save the relationship when it was on the other lot and thought they were not in love yet, since when we go to another lot the game do save, it updated the relationship making the option to woohoo available.

I did not try to send Sims which were already in love to woohoo in a car on downtown lot but my guess is it should work.

As for the other car problem which is not being able to come back home with it from a downtown lot. I never experience it and made Sim which are assign as owner go, Sim that are not assign and Sims that the car was assign to another Sim.  For all these options, I never experience a problem.  I have sent at least 20 different Sims on downtown lots on many occasion, send them to regular community lots too, send them to downtown lots then on regular community lots on the same trip all this with no problem.  I don't have hacks in my game at all, maybe one of them is causing this in your game?  This is just a thought...
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 07, 22:08:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem (I still have it) and I did some pretty extensive testing (in my own opinion) and found some interesting results. You can read my posts over at MTS2 in the help section, or you can just read the result here Smiley

--------------------------------------------------------
I have found what is the cause of my problem! (sort of)
It is indeed something in my meshes folder, but I haven't found out yet. I have found out One very important thing though. When I buy a car for my sim, assign it to him/her (tried this 10 times), the first drive to a community lot always results in a taxi ride home. However, the second time in the same car, she/he can return home in his/her own car! But if I sell the old car, buy a new one and assign it to that sim, the first ride downtown results in a taxi ride again, and the second time I go, I can use my car again!

I uninstalled the whole game (all ep's) and reinstalled it, patched it, but only put in my hacks, reinstalled CEP, mesh folder, recolors folder (not the skins just yet), but I didn't try my neighborhoods. I created a custom neighborhood from the list. Then I created new sims everytime I put in a folder and tried taking them downtown.

testing (1)
Clean game- sim(a) can go downtown, can return home no problems.
Just hacks- sim(a) and sim(b)(newly created) can go downtown, can return home no problems.
hacks+CEP+meshes- sim(a) and sim(b)(newly created) can go downtown, can return home no problems. BUT! sim (c) newly created cannot return home in car, so I make him take taxi home. Then I again direct him to go downtown in the same car, and he can go home from there this time.

testing (2)
hacks+CEP+meshes- change car (sell and buy higher models)for sims (a,b and c), assign them to sims, go downtown- return home in taxi. Then try again after returning home, successful!

I think before when I first came across this problem, I always quitted to neighborhood without saving and tried different families all the time. Now I'm gonna see if my old neighborhoods can be saved, maybe at the weekend I'll try and see what causes this problem or maybe next week

**** I'm back. I put my custom neighborhood in from my backup file (it was an after- nightlife neighborhood so it's totally compatible, just the car problem), and the same result, the second time my sim goes downtown she can go home in her car, With a date even! I'm soo happy it finally works, even if it doesn't work the way it's meant to. I can see it maybe as a 'drunk-take taxi home' or 'new car too scared to drive it back home' incident

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any questions, pm me, as I'm not around much these days  Grin
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 08, 01:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just out of interest, have you fitted alarms to your cars?  I always do that first thing, and so far I've only once had a problem with a car, when the teenage passenger wouldn't get in, but that was due to the lot i was at suffering from furious sim syndrome!  (When the adult sim got home, she was there!)  Normally, I operate my cars without any problems at all.  (Oh, and I have several custom cars in my game, the only wierd thing about them being that every time the sim gets in he or she claps their hands and then somehow teleports into the drivers seat - same applies to the harley.)

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: