More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 31, 20:06:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Problem with pie menus - second level options not appearing
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Problem with pie menus - second level options not appearing  (Read 5937 times)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Problem with pie menus - second level options not appearing
« on: 2006 October 20, 00:06:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing a couple of bakeries and notice that when I click to "make many" and then click "more" to get to the food items I can't see, it just sits there stuck.  The second level pie menu is not appearing and I have to hit escape to get out of it.  It happens most of the time with "Make many....more", but not all the time.  I think it also happened on another pie menu with a "more" option.  I'm not getting any error messages or error logs. 

I have base game and OFB only, both patched and a good selection of MATY hacks including the updated lotdebugger.  I think it started after I added that one, but that could be co-incidence as I wasn't playing bakeries before that.  I already had one surprise with the new debugger -  when I tried the cycle through LTW option, my sim ended up with no wants at all coming up!

Does this pie menu problem ring any bells?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: Problem with pie menus - second level options not appearing
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 20, 07:33:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds like Sims 1, where if you were lucky eventually you guessed you had to press Tab to get the next lot of options.  It wasn't in the manual Sad

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
NothingToSee
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 20, 08:01:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually I noticed that problem (or a similar one) the other day.

Sometimes I have to keep clicking and clicking on "more" before it will do anything (and then knowing my luck it will then click many times and I'll end up with something I don't want...)

I did install the new lot debugger the other day, but I don't recall whether the problem started before or after I installed it.

For the record I have all expansions to OFB and the Christmas Party Pack.

Atom XX
Surelyfunke
Bearded Bigamist
Querulous Quidnunc

Beard is yours for $2.50 at Rose Sims!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 20, 10:05:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been noticing problems with the "More" button as well. I thought I needed a new mouse,  but it's only that button. Haven't installed anything new except for a lot of CC  Tongue  This happened before Pets BTW.

Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 20, 16:46:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here, and no Pets or object packs installed. At first I thought it was caused by running Winamp with the game  Tongue

I'll try to remove the latest hacks, and see if that fixes it.

Oh, and thanks to Inge for the keyboard tip, I'll see if that still works  Smiley
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 20, 17:02:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the Tab key disappears the whole control panel and makes the camera jump.  I tried a few today as per Inge's suggestion, but haven't found any useful keyboard strokes in sims2.  They would be very useful!!!  Could they be written?

I'm glad it's not only me has this problem - if I didn't have an optical mouse, I'd be taking it apart for crumbs right now!  I have noticed slightly more sluggishness than usual on menus, but put that down to PC overloading.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 20, 21:09:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe the problem to be engine related and not hack related. I've been having the same issue for a while now and tried the game with no cc and it still happens. Seems to have started around OFBp2, but I'm not sure of that.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 20, 21:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably some weird DInput issue they aren't handling properly (bad poll() or something like that).

crazi_aboutu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 21, 03:46:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem for  awhile and had thought it ws ACR related but found it wasn't,  I still had the problem with no mods.  What worked for me was to clear cache and reboot my puter then it would be fine for  awhile.  I haven't seen that problem in more than a week now though.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 21, 17:10:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I'll clear the cache before I play tonight.

If it is a programming bug, maybe somebody awesome could have a look at it when the Pets furore dies down a bit.
« Last Edit: 2006 October 21, 17:25:28 by cwykes » Logged

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 21, 19:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's a DirectInput issue, there's no way I nor anyone else here can fix it. It's doubtful that even EA can fix bugs like that.  Tongue

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 22, 17:03:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK it's way over my head then, but is this one that will show up on some PC's but not on others? 

I have worked out that the problem is the first menu sticking - it's not a problem with the second menu itself.  I had to escape from normal one stage pie menu's yesterday quite a bit yesterday because they seemed to be stuck.  Could be it's been like that for a while and I just wasn't aware untill I was regularly trying to get to a second menu.  However I also think it's getting worse.  I'll try and notice a bit more when it's happening in case it helps.  Clearing groups.cache didn't help, but perhaps that wasn't what was meant.

found a link to an EA help page on how to clear browser and java caches....
http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=10990&p_created=1129062443&p_sid=BAYdXUki&p_lva=10990&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MjEmcF9wcm9kcz03JnBfY2F0cz0wJnBfcHY9MS43JnBfY3Y9JnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9Y2xlYXIgY2FjaGU*&p_li=cF9saV9wYXNzd2Q9JnBfbGlfZXhwaXJ5PTExNjE2OTU4ODkmcF9jY2ZfMz0mcF9jc3Nfc3RhdGU9MSZwX3Bhc3N3ZD0mcF91c2VyaWQ9Y3d5a2VzMg**&p_topview=1
« Last Edit: 2006 October 24, 11:38:28 by cwykes » Logged

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 24, 18:27:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assume you mean this:

Clearing your browser cache is not only good regular maintenance for your computer; it can also fix many common issues with Pogo games when they won't load or close mysteriously mid-game, which can commonly happen if the files in your browser cache get corrupted or just stop working. For instructions on how to do this for each browser supported by Pogo.com, please click the link that matches (or most closely matches) the browser you're using. Please follow the 'clear Java cache' instructions as well; that way, you know your browser is starting on a completely clean slate. (Think of it as changing the oil in your car.)

As a final note, even though we list older versions of some browsers here, if you're using an older version of your browser, we strongly recommend visiting the website of the browser's provider (Microsoft for Internet Explorer, etc.) and downloading the very latest version before you do anything else.

That doesn't really seem to address the issue at all, actually.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 25, 09:04:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well clearing the browser cache didn't help.  I wasn't brave enough to clear the Java cache as I'm worried CI will stop working if I mess with my Java at all.  Still I learned how to do something.

I'm having problems with all pie menus sticking, but trying to get to that "More" options is the worst.  Takes 4-5 tries, so I have to pause the game till I get the option to work.  Can't see any pattern to it.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 25, 09:15:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bleh, "more" has always been flakey for me since the base game. Seems to get stuck a fair bit of the time. I just try again and generally get it on the second or third try. *shrug*

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 13, 22:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

um - I junked my mouse mat today and it hasn't been as bad.  Apparently it was relective and probably messing with the mouse function.  Didn't play for long enough to see if it really fixed the problem, but it certainly wasn't as bad as it has been.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: