More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 17:52:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Garden Environment score bottomed out?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Garden Environment score bottomed out?  (Read 9880 times)
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
Garden Environment score bottomed out?
« on: 2007 March 02, 13:00:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My greenhouses environment score is neg reg. I've tried everything. Even when the plants are perfect there is no change. moved the compost out. Changed and room up still nothing. Anyone else having this problem.

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Garden Environment score bottomed out?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 02, 13:24:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My greenhouses environment score is neg reg. I've tried everything. Even when the plants are perfect there is no change. moved the compost out. Changed and room up still nothing. Anyone else having this problem.

Yeah no idea why the enviroment is so bad when the plants are all perfect.  I just ignore it though since enviroment score in a greenhouse really doesn't matter unless your sim plans to spend all day in there.

Does the enviroment score bottom out if there is no greenhouse?
Marvelleaux
Puppy Fucker
Blathering Buffoon

"free-thinking cat shits outside the box"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 02, 13:49:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Room score plumeted in my game due to invisible fire.

I've just discovered a bug that has something to do with invisible fire, fire in inappropriate places, and the garden club rep.  My sim was cooking inside and the stove caught.  Another sim was outside in the green house and the room score plumeted.  I couldn't figure out why at first, then I sent him to the front of the house (the backyard is fenced) to greet the garden club lady and he promplty caught fire.  As soon as I got that problem solved a fire erupted on the outside of the house across from the burning stove.

Dammit.  I was having fun, too.

Odi profanum vulgaris
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 02, 13:53:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just discovered a bug that has something to do with invisible fire, fire in inappropriate places, and the garden club rep.  My sim was cooking inside and the stove caught.  Another sim was outside in the green house and the room score plumeted.  I couldn't figure out why at first, then I sent him to the front of the house (the backyard is fenced) to greet the garden club lady and he promplty caught fire.  As soon as I got that problem solved a fire erupted on the outside of the house across from the burning stove.

Now that is WEIRD, my stove hasn't caught fire however a flamigo was struck by lighting TWICE during a storm and caught fire, it was put out by the rain though.  Aside from that i haven't seen any fires or had any weird fireness like you did.
Marvelleaux
Puppy Fucker
Blathering Buffoon

"free-thinking cat shits outside the box"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 02, 13:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, another thing...

Room score bottomed out when a sprinker broke.  That could be your problem if it isn't a bug Cheesy

Odi profanum vulgaris
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 02, 14:01:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's because the spoiled sims don't like to walk on the bare ground. You have to put a floor on the whole yard, and the rate will be increased immediately.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 02, 14:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, another thing...

Room score bottomed out when a sprinker broke.  That could be your problem if it isn't a bug Cheesy

Ahh now that i had happen.  A total of 3 sprinklers broke in the greenhouse and currently none are broken.  Maybe there's invisible puddles around?

Edit: Just went in my game to check for invisible puddles and low and behold the roomscore was half.  Also there were no invisible puddles, maybe everytime i looked at the room score a sprinkler was broken?
« Last Edit: 2007 March 02, 14:07:04 by LFox » Logged
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 02, 14:24:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When things die, do you still have to make the sims clean up rather than deleting the dead plants yourself?  I think Pescado said that when you delete a dead patch of plants (this is pre-Seasons), something gets left behind like a bad smell that lowers the room score.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 02, 15:18:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Compost the dead plants.  Toss the dead plants, or live ones you don't like, in the bin.  Newspapers are also compost material.

The end result is much superior to fertilizer.   Takes the stuff about six hours to finished compost.

Wish that were true in real life. 

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 02, 15:21:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's because the spoiled sims don't like to walk on the bare ground. You have to put a floor on the whole yard, and the rate will be increased immediately.

Well, that's completely untrue outside. I would imagine greenhouse retain some of their outsideness code, or else the plants wouldn't grow. Why it wouldn't keep that part is beyond me.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 03, 13:25:32 by kutto » Logged
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 03, 08:55:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh, is THAT what's happening to me? http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7512.0.html

INFP or something
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 03, 12:24:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone in another thread says sims can spontaneously combust if they get too hot.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 09, 08:48:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Newspapers are also compost material.

Yay - a use for newspapers at last!!!!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 09, 09:22:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay - a use for newspapers at last!!!!

Now if we could just stuff a couple of townies into the compost bin as well... Tongue
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 09, 10:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I have to make my sims lurk round the letterbox to grab the paper for compost before the maid tidies it away and empties the trash. I can't get the trashcan compost unless someone kicks it. I was just thinking, what a turnaround from having hacks that stop the paper delivery!  Grin

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 09, 06:23:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder -- if you wall off the trash can, will that force them to use the compost bin?  I'll have to try that...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 March 09, 06:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably, if they drop the trash. Trash piles made by dropping bags of trash can be composted. I found that out on accident when a mascot at uni disturbed the maid while she took a pizza box to the trash. She dropped the bag the box turned into in frustration, and when she picked it up she went straight to the trashcan. Next I'm going to see if when you kick a trash can over the mess can be composted. I bet it can.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 March 09, 07:05:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think that's it. My greenhouse has bare ground and its score is just fine.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 March 09, 08:15:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I think the trashcan contents can probably be composted, I've been considering starting a fight with a townie just so I can get the damn thing kicked over.

Gali has always believed that about paving, I've seen her post it before. My sims usually only have small paved areas, driveways, barbeque areas and so forth, I don't have trouble with very low environment scores. I'd go with the invisible something/s lowering the score.

Jfederated
Asinine Airhead

Necessity is the mother of all eyesores.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 March 09, 08:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SMBurpie has an album up on the exchange about Seasons.  In it she claims that, by process of elimination, she found the trellised plant that came w/an older EP (maybe even the base game) is responsible for plummeting environment scores, much like that bamboo flooring does when used in a large room.  For what it's worth.   Smiley

Forgotten MATY passwords:  3 and counting.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 March 09, 08:37:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have sims so mean they can kick the trashcan, and they live with gardeners. Smiley

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 March 09, 09:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tongue

Chienne
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 March 09, 10:04:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I think the trashcan contents can probably be composted,

Yep, they can; I've done it.

Middle-aged professional woman still plays video games.  Film at 11.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 March 09, 13:53:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now if we could just stuff a couple of townies into the compost bin as well...

or a baby. Baby compost!  Cheesy
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 March 09, 13:58:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A dingo took my baby!!!

Grin
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: