More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 16:19:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Kid with no SWAFs and a LTW
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Kid with no SWAFs and a LTW  (Read 8749 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Kid with no SWAFs and a LTW
« Reply #25 on: 2006 July 06, 04:25:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The renaming bit isn't really necessary, though.  You can open the backup neighborhood package file directly from SimPE by clicking the Open icon or clicking the File menu, then open, and then navigate to the directory where your backup is stored.  Then do the extracting from there.  Then you can open your current neighborhood as usual.  Making a backup of the current neighborhood first is always recommended, of course.  Smiley

Or you can double-click the neighborhood package file to open in SimPE if you have them associated with SimPE like me.  Smiley
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2006 July 06, 06:18:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you guys - I'll go give it a whirl.  I've always worked one hood at a time before.  I'm seeing problems in simPE when I change hood without quitting, like it hasn't closed down the old hood before it opened the new one.  I cleaned all the townies out of my current testing hood and when I changed to strangetown, no memories came up when I click on 'hood memory. Or opening simPE and finding all the sims are unknown.  Maybe I'm doing something stupid here as well, but that was a bit scary!  My files are OK in game.  If I see anything like that today, I'll do it Jysudo's way.

OK next question - I've got a sim without a  DNA file - can I add one from a backup using the replace trick?   (I deleted it by accident in the great SWAF/DNA cleanup last week - oops)

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 July 06, 07:00:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The renaming bit isn't really necessary, though.  You can open the backup neighborhood package file directly from SimPE by clicking the Open icon or clicking the File menu, then open, and then navigate to the directory where your backup is stored.  Then do the extracting from there.  Then you can open your current neighborhood as usual.  Making a backup of the current neighborhood first is always recommended, of course.  Smiley

Oh really? The first time I tried doing that, SimPe (latest version) does not recongnise my hood. It is only till I renamed it to N002, then it recongnise the file. Or is your backup file named as N002 too?

Go Away
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 July 06, 07:20:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got curious about the number of SWAFS v. SDSC, so I made a new hood, stuck in a DT and a Uni and without playing the hood at all, went into SimPE and took a look--number of SWAF outnumbered SDSC from the start.

I did the same thing but I didnt add any subhoods and the SWAF still outnumbered SDSC without playing. 

ISFJ
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 July 09, 13:13:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wish to add that the file swop really works 'awesomefully.'
My simmie and the hood are still perfectly normal after 3 hours of gameplay and he is now a teen.

Go Away
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: