More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 21:44:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Furious State-Any Mods/hacks to get around this?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Furious State-Any Mods/hacks to get around this?  (Read 53545 times)
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
Furious State-Any Mods/hacks to get around this?
« on: 2005 November 02, 21:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else noticed that sometimes the furious state is funny and other its annoying?  Has anyone found one ofthe existing mods that allows you to speed up the time your sim is in the furious state or knock it out completely?

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
Re: Furious State-Any Mods/hacks to get around this?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 02, 22:01:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I hate the furious state, or more accurately the animation loop that goes with it.  It drives me nuts that they waste a good part of their lives standing around stomping their feet and cleching their fists like they were two years old.

If there is a mod I'd also like to know about it.  So far I've just been upping the relationship points in SimPE so that the furious state disappears much more quickly.  If I could eliminate it all together I'd be one happy camper.

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 02, 22:07:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else noticed that sometimes the furious state is funny and other its annoying?  Has anyone found one ofthe existing mods that allows you to speed up the time your sim is in the furious state or knock it out completely?

I agree, it gets very annoying after a while.  This morning I had one of my couples just about to get married, but she ditched him at the altar.  They were already living together, but ended up with lifetime -99 each, and both furious at each other.  It took me the better part of 3 Sim days to get their relationship back where it was, and that was with near-continuous use of the autosocializer, and frequent attempts by both parties to apologize.  Repairing relationships shouldn't have to be that hard!  I would love to see a hack that turns off the "furious" state, or lets you set the time left until it wears off by itself.

Karen
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 02, 22:34:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That reminds me of one couple I had that were just about ready to get married.  He took her out on a date but I was having a problem (later found out it was caused by a faulty mod) that if I paused at just the wrong moment when the taxi entered a community lot, the car would basically fall into a black hole and I'd be left there without my sim.  Well, this happened on their date and she was completely furious with him and it wasn't anything near his fault.  It took several sim days to get them back up to speed.  It didn't even dawn on me then to tweak their relationship points in SimPE which would've made the whole process happen much more quickly.  It was a total pain in the rear.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 03, 03:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The animation part really irks me, too. I take a billion pictures of my game, and I love to do wedding albums. When one of my sims got married, anytime nothing was in his queue (I had free will off) he'd do the clenched-fist grimace thinking of the lady that steals his paper every morning. Looks lovely in a wedding photo.

And the reasons these sims get "furious"! Makes as much sense as how the whole romance system works. I had two teens that I was trying to get together. They had finally reached a daily score of 100 and flirted a bit, when one of them decides to throw a water balloon at the other. They both laughed. No harm, no foul, right? Wrong. The sim that had thrown the damn balloon in the first place was furious at the other for the puddle on the floor, and the daily score was knocked down about 20 points. 
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 03, 03:54:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing I hate the most about the furious state is the furious sims that come and lurk on the sidewalk of the sim they are furious with, slowing my game to a grinding halt. I don't mind some of my sims being enemies with each other(it makes sense when one sim has caught the other sim cheating or whatver) but not when the result is this.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 03, 04:26:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing I hate the most about the furious state is the furious sims that come and lurk on the sidewalk of the sim they are furious with, slowing my game to a grinding halt. I don't mind some of my sims being enemies with each other(it makes sense when one sim has caught the other sim cheating or whatver) but not when the result is this.

Yes. That's just not normal behavior. Why would a sim just stand around in the yard of a sim he's pissed at, at 4 am? Throw an egg, or something. Jeez.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 03, 04:29:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had my sim teen go on an outing with some of Don Lotherio's friends. The Don was there too. Anyways, she had a 100 relationship score with him on all accounts but I don't know what he did, next thing I know is my sim is furious with him with a -99 point hit - wow! They were best friends, thats it. No love, nothing. Dina and Nina were there and of course the Don flirted with one and pissed off the other. Dina was also best friends with my teen sim so do you think the Don breaking her best friends heart pissed off my sim teen?

Also, what I found sort of annoying is that I hadn't played any of the families in Pleasantview, just my CAS made one and because they come out on outings with you, even if you don't know them, like Cassandra Goth, then their relationships get trashed because you know the Don and he loves all three chicks. So pity now if I wanted to play them from their original status with each other.

I suppose it makes the game interesting.

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 03, 06:05:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dina was also best friends with my teen sim so do you think the Don breaking her best friends heart pissed off my sim teen?

More than likely, it's happened in my game.  Brandi Broke's son to the Headmaster (Vincent Walter) saw his nephew (Dustin's son) kissing his girlfriend and went berserk at both of them.  He didn't care which one he went for and ended-up in a fight with his nephew that made them both -100/-100 and enemies.  Before that, he'd never met either of them before.  The only possible explanation is that when she was a teen, his nephew's girlfriend had her first woo-hoo with another of Vincent's nephews and he was still in love with her.  Even though I've removed the hearts now, Vincent still won't let it drop.

It's when an innocent party gets blamed that I get really angry, which is what happened here.  Spankideli had done absolutely nothing wrong, as he was totally unaware of Martha's involvement with Henry (Martha is Romance).  Vincent being angry with Martha is fair enough, but to attack his own nephew for no reason is way out of order and the game shouldn't allow that to happen.  Another case is mentioned in a thread I have on here, when a Drama Professor tried to jump into someone's arms and his girlfriend ended-up furious with him and well into the minuses even though he pushed the Professor away.  Maybe he was supposed to be grateful she only went down to -50/-50 instead of -100/-100, as no doubt it would have been if he'd accepted the offer.  Her relationship with him shouldn't have been affected at all - well, it should.  She should have flung HERSELF into his arms to show her appreciation for his loyalty. 

Yet another case I've also mentioned here, when a guy saw his brother's wife (Romance) flirting with another Romance Sim.  He's Romance too, but it didn't stop him going mad at her.  The marriage was already on the rocks because her husband couldn't cope with her messiness around the house and this finished it off.  Trouble is, the brother who got angry fancied her like crazy (3 bolts), so not only was her ex-husband following her around everywhere deliberately trying to jeopardise her dates, the brother was also following her around everywhere trying to build-up his relationship with her again.  He managed it in the end and went on a date with her himself.  So much for his loyalty to his brother, but that's a Romance Sim for you.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 03, 08:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So everyone *winks* who do you think we can beg for a furious state mod. lol

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 03, 11:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Furious state appears to be a many-pronged issue that I'm sure will be individually addressed in various cases...once I get the game!

Do sims still become furious over romances if a no-jealousy hack is installed? That would be one potential pointer, the rather iincomprehensibly illogical built-in jealousy engine.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 03, 15:48:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that the furious Sims' hanging about so much is the game's way of giving your Sim the chance to apologize. But it is annoying.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 03, 16:04:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that the furious Sims' hanging about so much is the game's way of giving your Sim the chance to apologize.

Well, maybe.  But even apologizing doesn't seem to make the Furious state go away any faster.

Marquis
mistymage
Lipless Loser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 03, 17:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Furious state appears to be a many-pronged issue that I'm sure will be individually addressed in various cases...once I get the game!

Do sims still become furious over romances if a no-jealousy hack is installed? That would be one potential pointer, the rather iincomprehensibly illogical built-in jealousy engine.

They still get the red film over the other sims face.. mainly the burglars.  It takes a _lot_ of rejected advances or "irritate" actions to get to the furious state.

I like playing with the "no jealousy at all" mod.. but that means I miss out on a lot of fun stuff (autonomous fights, slapping, therapist).  But at least my Romance Sims can scrog away without worries.. and 20 lovers at once is pretty easy to achieve... just line'em up and proceed to the bed!

I'm trying out the Casual Romance mod.. hopefully that will tone down the fighting/jealousy while still allowing NPCs to entertain me.

Gnohmon's sims 1 objects
"It's like that hobbit/dragon thing. You cut off one head and.. it's an exercise in futility." -Andy, Dawn of the dead remake, 2004 = trolls on MATY
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 03, 17:41:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They still get the red film over the other sims face.. mainly the burglars.  It takes a _lot_ of rejected advances or "irritate" actions to get to the furious state.

Misty:

I did not find this to be true at all. I find my Sims get furious over practically nothing, AND they seem meaner...they pick fights without any prompting from me.

Also, what does that mean the burglars? How are you getting pissed off burglars? Please explain.

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 03, 17:55:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims get furious at the burglars who rob them.  The relationship repairs itself over time though, and eventually they go into positive relationships, where they would be best friends with little effort at all, and this is when they had never previously met that burglar.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 03, 20:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen them get furious with a no-jealousy hack on. I had a house with a threesome couple which worked just fine during Uni with Pescado's romance mod, as they were all in love with each other, but I had forgotten during NL and had one of them get furious at the other two for a woohoo. So off went the jealousy, at least until the romance mod is back! I've had to do this on all my comm lots too, just to prevent relationship drops that wouldn't have happened before.

Now, I don't mind the furious when it makes sense, ie if a married/going steady Sim is caught with a lover, and I like the realism of friends and relatives getting furious too (though sometimes I have to pause and figure out just WHY this particular Sim is furious at the other). But without the romance mod the stupid jealousy is back again, ie teenagers taking a relationship hit when their mom makes out with their "stepdad" (who's been the only dad he's ever actually known), and that leads to stupid reasons to be furious.

Oh, and for some reason I have a Sim who thinks about himself with the furious flames. Who knows, there.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 03, 20:30:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did not find this to be true at all. I find my Sims get furious over practically nothing, AND they seem meaner...they pick fights without any prompting from me.

I've noticed that too. In a couple cases, especially one where a Sim teen attacked the girl who'd just become her best friend, I was perplexed enough to make her selectable to check and she was in red aspiration - probably due to a relative's death or something. The same with another kid, who'd attacked her brother and I didn't know why. I don't recall red aspiration causing fights so much before NL, but I could be wrong, since I don't usually get my Sims get red (and in these cases it had happened while they were not being played).
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 04, 02:25:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only furious sims in my game are Mary- Sue, who'd furious with Don Lothario because he saw her kick over his trash-can and (with a little egging on from me)  did some serious poking and shoving etc., Randy Midlock, who's furious with Neva Idle, and they did that all by themselves, and Kaylynn, who's furious with Mary-Sue and Don Lothario! 

Zephyr Zodiac
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 04, 02:29:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with those whoses sims are getting furious with half the town at the drop of a hat. I can't go downtown without some townies kicking each others asses and being furious at each other. It doesn't take much either, seems like a poke or shove and the next thing I know they're mortal enemies.  Roll Eyes

It was funny and interesting at first but it gets old fast.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 04, 02:47:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Randy Midlock is the only townie adult left in my game, all the teens are at college and the adults apart from him are all living in nice houses, so maybe that's why he's mad?  (It was Neva and Bone Idle's lot that i used to teleport most of the adults etc. so I could get them to Find Own Place! Grin)

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 04, 02:58:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is up with the sim having furious thoughts of himself, anyway? I always guessed it was because he was mad at himself for passing out on the floor or something. 
Marquis
mistymage
Lipless Loser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 04, 04:43:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Misty:

Also, what does that mean the burglars? How are you getting pissed off burglars? Please explain.

My post got ate.. so I'll try again:

I forgot that most of the time I tend to mod the relationships.. so I have a happy, sunny little town Wink  The townies do tend to be mean.. but  I tend to make my sims extra nice (mod).  I usually have my sims socialize only with my other CAS sims.  So they don't fight much. Toownies are too fugly to breed with.. a few exceptions here and there.. but I can't hang with honker noses on babies.

The "no jealousy at all" mod means a married sim could woohoo right in front of his wife and she would just smile.. or go make herself dinner.  I just switched to 2Jeff's casual romance mod.. I think that will be a little more realistic.. I won't have to mess with relationships as much.. it'll just take a bit longer to get to "woohoo" stage.  And I may see flaming poo!

RE: the burglar.. I meant my sim's memory of the burgler would be in the furious zone after he was caught.

Gnohmon's sims 1 objects
"It's like that hobbit/dragon thing. You cut off one head and.. it's an exercise in futility." -Andy, Dawn of the dead remake, 2004 = trolls on MATY
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 04, 05:39:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Misty.

Yeah, I modded my sims to be 10 nice too...which I did not want to do but when Father Fidelius Partridge picked a fight with Nona Valiquette just after she moved to Arenia and they ended up in fisticuffs, well I drew the line right there! He is a man of the cloth, for goodness sakes! What would the parishioners think? *grin*

Seriously, the furious state is really bugging me and I hope TJ or Papa Pescado can mod it soon.

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 November 04, 05:45:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah, it's funny but it's also really annoying. I've seen more downtownies getting into fights then you can shake a stick at.

We need a "furious mod" like the Romance mod to not get rid of it but to make it less silly and annoying.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: