More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 09:33:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I just love Echo!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I just love Echo!  (Read 20598 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: I just love Echo!
« Reply #25 on: 2006 June 11, 12:20:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, when you think of it, the game is just one great big cheat!  Kaching....Motherlode....Aging Off.....ChangeLotZoning.......

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 June 11, 12:21:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the house was for a challenge?
It had way too many walls and goodies for that.

How do I cheat? I don't cheat.....
It's a logical inference from the design logic that would yield a bathroomless house.

Well, when you think of it, the game is just one great big cheat!  Kaching....Motherlode....Aging Off.....ChangeLotZoning.......
Err...I don't use any of those things.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 June 11, 12:24:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never said you did - but if you did, it would be because Maxis made it possible in the first place!  Er, I don't either, well, not all the time anyway!

Zephyr Zodiac
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2006 June 11, 12:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a logical inference from the design logic that would yield a bathroomless house.

WTF does that mean? Cheesy Nah, you just suck Pescado Tongue

I'm gonna enter the challenge, but somehow I don't think I'll win, even if I placed a bathroom next to every darned room in the place! Still won't be enough bathrooms....

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 June 11, 12:54:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you ever have enough bathrooms?

Zephyr Zodiac
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2006 June 11, 12:59:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, when you need to go-one is enough!  Cheesy

kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 June 11, 13:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought
monstrocity
was a neighbourhood  Undecided

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 June 11, 13:44:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With that spelling, you would think so, wouldn't you?

Zephyr Zodiac
SockMonkey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 June 11, 20:53:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But when you first had Sims1, didn't you think the graphics etc. were brilliant?  I know I did way back then!  It's just that now we have Sims2, Sims1 seems a poor substitute.  The same could be said of Sim City, each new version made the previous seem dull by comparison, although I personally never could get to grips with even 3000, and I wish I could get 2000 to work now!

I come from the generation of text games (ugh..don't laugh!), but I thought they were great at the time until Kings Quest IV came out - Wow!  I played SimCity, SimAnts and the one that allowed you to create genetically altered animals that evolved.  I never played Sims, but my kids did and they had all the EPs.  I used to sit and watch them play and I remember being impressed too.  I know that sounds 'simple-minded', but I don't care - I thought they were fantastic.  I never realized either that there was an amazing creator-modder community 'out there'.  I just marvel at all of it - everwhere.

SM
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 June 11, 21:26:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I loved the original sim city too!  (And even when I had 2000, I'd occasionally go back and play it!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2006 June 12, 08:21:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Colossal cave.....  I never got the hang of SimAnt and SimCity was impossible when you upped the difficulty, remember that awful disaster noise when your whole city was going up in flames?  I still play Colonization - anyone ever heard of it?  By today's standard the graphics suck and the music always was glitchy and electronic sounding, but I remember just loving the beginning with the intro picks of European docks and then this little ship in the middle of the big blue ocean with no land in sight....  Still play it sometimes.

What's the point in cheating? - cheats cheat themselves.. mum was a teacher so I absorbed that whole ethic like blotting paper.  The game's too easy already.  I cheat when something has screwed up on the lot, but that's about it.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 June 12, 08:30:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I heard of Colonization, but never played it.

Well, as an ex-teacher I agree about cheating - if you're cheating someone else, or cheating in an exam etc., (which is also in a sense cheating someone, or everyone else) but if you're only really cheating yourself, and know you're doing it, what the heck!  But I agree, really, the only real cheat as opposed to game-modifier that I use regularly is Gnomon's flamingo of contentment (almost never use one of the others) and I think I mainly keep it because it just doesn't make sense to me that anyone can under 50 can get up at 6 am and be exhausted, bladder full to bursting, stomach totally empty, and all other motives equally depleted, because they did the washing up and made a couple of beds before sitting and watching TV for an hour and then chatting on the phone!  (And it's still only just time for the kids to get home from school!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 June 12, 15:08:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you just suck. I've never, ever, seen it get that bad. You must really be doing something wrong if you can't manage to keep your sims green merely from "washing up", "making a couple beds" (why, though?), and running the AutoYak.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 June 12, 15:12:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course I can, when they can afford good beds - but not when they are still sleeping in the cheapo which is worse than sleeping on the floor!  And don't tell me your sims aren't almost dead on their feet come 7pm, unless they've been at work, which slows it down as they dont seem to lose energy at work!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 June 12, 15:22:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And don't tell me your sims aren't almost dead on their feet come 7pm, unless they've been at work, which slows it down as they dont seem to lose energy at work!
You're joking right? 7? Even frikken kids last longer than that. What are you DOING to them? My sims run from 0600 to at least midnight before they even START to run out of power. And you actually BUY the cheapo ones? I consider that idea to be flat out offensive. Why bother buying worthless crap? Cheapo beds exist purely for woohoo. It is pointless to even try to sleep in one, I only buy those for vampires, since vampires will not actually be using them to sleep in, so the energy value is meaningless, and only their function as places of woohoo matter. They're useless for energy, and no sim, no matter how broke, should bother buying them for such. If you're really short on cash, $450 gets you the Espresso Machine, as cheap as the cheap beds, and performs better than ANY bed anyway, and besides, SLEEP IS FOR WUSSIES.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 June 12, 15:28:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, when you make a hacked espresso which kids can use......!

Zephyr Zodiac
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 June 17, 21:46:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol, may do it, be careful what you wish for Wink

I still don't trust coffee replacing the bed thingy. I still think it takes to darn long and my sims always used to shake. Of course I'll have to try it out again since I haven't simmed for months.... still... I don't trust coffee Undecided

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 June 17, 22:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not just the coffee - it's the time rushing to the bathroom that needs to be counted too!  Plus washing up all those coffee cups!  I can't understand why, when they can collect half a dozen plates at once, coffee cups have to be done individually!

Zephyr Zodiac
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 June 18, 13:08:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I buy them the cheap beds if that's all they can afford, but usually after working a couple of days I swap it out for a better one.  That's the first thing I work on getting for them - better beds.  Especially if I have a PG sim in the house!

All my YAs turned adults start out with the cheap stuff - card table for dining table, cheap bed, ugly cheap sofa, cheap refrigerator, etc.  As they get more money, those things all get "upgraded" to better stuff.  Seems more realistic to me.  And I don't let them bring anything with them from the dorm/residence they lived in at college, either.  Let them make it on their own - life isn't that easy when you're young in real life.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 June 18, 13:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some custom cheap sofas may look just that to the simmies, but they are often among the best designs around!  I still love 4ESF2's Quadro set, even though it gives my sims a sore backside if they sit on it for too long!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 June 18, 14:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All my YAs turned adults start out with the cheap stuff - card table for dining table, cheap bed, ugly cheap sofa, cheap refrigerator, etc.  As they get more money, those things all get "upgraded" to better stuff.  Seems more realistic to me.  And I don't let them bring anything with them from the dorm/residence they lived in at college, either.  Let them make it on their own - life isn't that easy when you're young in real life.
See, me, I don't bother to buy cheap beds ever, because they're not worth the money you spend on them, considering that they have difficulty competing with even THE FRIKKEN FLOOR. No, I go for the good one anyway, and then make up the missing money by slashing several corners entirely. Instead of your "ugly cheap sofa", they don't get a sofa at all. Instead of the card table dining table, they don't get a dining table at all. Slashing the bed is a BIG MISTAKE because, like in real life, sleep is the most useless activity in the world, and absolutely nothing useful is accomplished while doing it, so you want to make sure that sims do so as little as possible. Cutting corners on sleep reduction means you're dragging out everything else as a result. So I cut all the nonessentials. As of OFB, fridges and food preparation items aren't even necessary, since you can buy few plates worth of MREs, likely better than they have the cooking skills to make, for a rather modest price. Or not so modest price, depending on your neighborhood....

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 June 18, 14:17:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you can just download the replicator!  Works with macro - eat, so it's pretty useful and I don't think you need to restock it.  Or alternatively, get one of Paladin's buffet counters and set it to charge for meals - then get the welcome wagon round and see how much you can get them to spend!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 June 18, 14:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you can just download the replicator!
Yes, but the MRE shop already exists. Why would I have gone through all the trouble of even making a business for it if I wasn't going to MAKE USE OF IT?

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 June 18, 14:27:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MRE?  You've lost me.

Zephyr Zodiac
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 June 18, 14:31:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meals Ready to Eat.  Army talk for what they used to call K-rations.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: